John Edwards endorses Obama

C

Cosworth

It would appear that we are well on our way toward having the first black president of the USA. I always knew it would happen but I must admit I thought it would take at least 4 or 5 more election cycles for it to happen. I figured this nation was still too racist. I thought the bigots from the 60's would have to die off first. I guess this country is a little more advanced that I thought. A pleasant surprise.

NPR Story

I believe J E gave HC as much of "the benefit of doubt" as he could.
Ultimately, he did the right thing .

Also, the GOP is LOSING special(state) elections...left and right, to the D's.

Maybe it will prove to be worth it(suffering under EL-CHIMPO) for 8 years, to wind up with COMPLETE democratic control in all 3 houses, with maybe/also Filibuster proof numbers !!

EL-CHIMPO and DIRTY(dead eye :shock: ) DICK, have jammed the GOP VERY DEEPLY into the black ABYSS, that it may take 8-12 years to recover !

It could not have happened to a "better" political party !!

MUCHAS GRACIAS...EL-CHIMPO :blink: !! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Thats swell Bears, perhaps when/If Barack Hussein Obama is elected and all three houses are democratic as you giddily suggest then we can set down with Mahmud Ahmadinejad and negotiate the dissolution of Israel, middle east, and of course those parts of the USA you libbers so despise.

Having the House/senate/POTUS all Dem would not be any better than having all three Repub. There were checks and ballances placed in the US Const. for a reason.

Thats swell Bears, perhaps when/If Barack Hussein Obama is elected and all three houses are democratic as you giddily suggest then we can set down with Mahmud Ahmadinejad and negotiate the dissolution of Israel, middle east, and of course those parts of the USA you libbers so despise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....."12"....,

With all due respect/honesty,.............what then do/will you make of the facts that,..The GOP IS losing special elections.."left and right",...that a HUGE number of new voters will be voting in NOV, and that the country very well may elect an African American(1st time, LONG overdue) by a MANDATE ?????

The OBVIOUS cause of this "unsettling" future event(for you) is EL-CHIMPO,...but then again, maybe you have a different theory.

I'd appreciate and honest and serious answer to my question.

Thank you(in Advance)

My favorite response to Bush's comments accusing Sen. Barack Obama and other Democrats of wanting to appease terrorists was that of Joe Biden:

"if the president disagrees so strongly with the idea of talking to Iran then he needs to fire his secretaries of State and Defense," both of whom Biden said have pushed to sit down with the Iranians.

“This is bulls**t. This is malarkey. This is outrageous. Outrageous for the president of the United States to go to a foreign country, sit in the Knesset…and make this kind of ridiculous statement."

Biden Response

Having the House/senate/POTUS all Dem would not be any better than having all three Repub. There were checks and ballances placed in the US Const. for a reason.

I agree. Though it historically has stifled progress, since frequently neither side can come to an agreement... and even when they do, the President vetoes the bill after it spent 8 weeks tying up congress. But, at the same time, it helps keep the country from slipping to far to either side.

By the way - as far as the huge numbers of democrats voting in the primaries - who is to say that the same kind of polarizing nature will repeat in the general election? Many people are interested in this race because of the unique and unprecedented nature of it.... I'd look to see a large drop in democrat voting numbers come November.

I agree. Though it historically has stifled progress, since frequently neither side can come to an agreement... and even when they do, the President vetoes the bill after it spent 8 weeks tying up congress. But, at the same time, it helps keep the country from slipping to far to either side.

By the way - as far as the huge numbers of democrats voting in the primaries - who is to say that the same kind of polarizing nature will repeat in the general election? Many people are interested in this race because of the unique and unprecedented nature of it.... I'd look to see a large drop in democrat voting numbers come November.

I guess anything is possible but I don't think that will be the case. Just the fact that this will be one of the most historic elections in US history will get people out to vote. Who would not want to be a part of it?

I am a poli-Sci major and this is beyond fascinating too me. Prior to Iowa I though Obama was a flash in the pan. A glimpse of things to come in 12 or 16 years from now. Maybe a black man would make VP in 8-12 years .. just maybe. I'm a cynic. I listen to politicians talk and I usually hear .. blah blah blah... It's like listening to the teachers on Peanuts. Every now and then someone comes around who makes me question whether or not they just might be sincere. Biden is one. McCain used to be one till he started to run for POTUS and lost his spine and integrity in the process. If you listen to most politicians talk, it sounds canned and contrived. We really do not know all that much about Obama. Odds are he will not be able to do 15% of what he says he wants to do becasue Congress wil fight him tooth and nail just like they did with Carter. When I listen to him, he sounds real. That is all I have to go on. He sounds like he is talking to me, not reading a speech. He does not sound like he is selling something. He sounds like he is sincere. Coming from a politician that scares me because it not what I am used too. I expect to go to a auto dealership and get smoke blown up my skirt. I listen to a politician and I expect to get lied too. Sure he is telling us stuff that he knows he will not be able to accomplish. He knows the troops will not be home next year or probably the year after that but I do believe he wants them home because he knows they should be home. I do not believe he is saying that becasue he wants to get elected.

Besides, what are our options? McCain? Clinton? I'll take a sincere sounding unknown over two known insincere liars any day.

It would appear that we are well on our way toward having the first black president of the USA. I always knew it would happen but I must admit I thought it would take at least 4 or 5 more election cycles for it to happen. I figured this nation was still too racist. I thought the bigots from the 60's would have to die off first. I guess this country is a little more advanced that I thought. A pleasant surprise.

NPR Story
Cosworth,

Why would you proclaim that “we are well on our way towards having the first black president†when you openly acknowledge that “we really do not know all that much about Obama†and “odds are he will not be able to do 15% of what he says he want to doâ€.

As a Political Science major you should be well aware that the checks and balances provided by a well rounded Congress is a constitutional necessity and Congress owes it to the American public to fight a president “tooth and nail†on ill advised policies. The soft bigotry of your statement that suggest anyone who doesn’t vote for Obama is somehow a racist doesn’t sit well with the American public who are honestly seeking a presidential candidate. I, for one, will not be intimidated with the race card to vote for anyone, especially someone who has so little political experience and has very questionable ties and associations with people who are so openly anti-American and anti-Semitic. As a red blooded, white American I question Obama’s secretive association with the Nation of Islam, the New Black Panther organization and Bill Ayers’ Weatherman Underground. Obama has never answered the question of what he gained from his secretive dealings with indicted Tony Rezko.

Obama’s naiveté on global matters is laughable. To think that Obama will magically defuse the utter discontent that Middle East leaders Ahmadinejad and al-Assad have towards Americans and Jews is absurd. As much as I hate to see a military show down with Iran and Syria, that is exactly where this situation is heading. At this juncture in American history are you really satisfied with just an “unknown†as President?

You state “I’ll take a sincere sounding unknown over two known insincere liars any day†then proclaim “Sure he is telling us stuff that he knows he will not be able to accomplish.†So in essence you really prefer the eloquent orator liar over the other liars running for President. Contrary to your steadfast belief that Obama is not promising “change†and “hope†just to get elected, there is ample proof that that’s exactly what he is doing. You, Cosworth, seem to have bitten into Obama’s blank canvas “change†and “hope†campaign hook, line and sinker. So far, the MSM has shown inordinate approbation towards Obama, being very dismissive of his contradictive statement. This will change in the coming months and Obama will be exposed just like all those running for office before him.

Obama has never answered the question of what he gained from his secretive dealings with indicted Tony Rezko.

Obama HAS answered that question... you just don't like the answer. Obama has said countless times that he has gained property out of dealings with Rezko.

Perhaps, you are meaning to say, "Obama may be lying about what he has gained from Rezko" or "Obama may not be divulging everything he received from Rezko."

We are well on our way toward having him for a pres because the alternatives are useless. Clinton is out and McCain is Bush III and no one wants that.

As for him (or anyone else for that matter) not being able to accomplish what they want/say. I believe that congress will stone wall and substantive change. They are protecting their own self interests. Fixing problems in this country is not in their best interest.

As for checks and balances, see post 4.

As for bigotry. This country is still full of it. Do a search for curious George in 08. There is a video of some red neck who has a picture of curious George with "Obama in 08". That is just one example. Yes, a majority will not vote for him because they disagree on the issues. That is fine. There is a distinct number who will not vote for him due to his race. If you disagree with him on issues, goody for you.

Considering what the 'vast experience' in foreign relations in the current admin got us, I fail to see how much worse Obama could do. Beside, his cabinet is what counts. They are the brains behind the POTUS. War can be avoided if we try a different approach. If W pulls the trigger on Iran, we might was well close shop. Oil prices will sky rocket to make $200 a barrel look like a bargain. Also, given the fact that W removed Iran’s opposition really did not help. Perhaps if someone had a clue in his administration about the ME we would not be in this pickle.

I never said Obama was lying. I said he would not be able to accomplish most of what he wants to do and he probably knows it. It will not be from lack of trying. It will be the lobbies and Congress who stonewall him.

i have not bitten into anything. I just believe that out of the 3 remaining candidates, Obama is the best option.

Well.."cos", I've got to disagree with you .

Hillary(and ALL her BAGGAGE) would be best suited to "drive the car" !!!

However your right.
Given the choice of BO, or bush3, it's a "no brainer"

It's all a moot point anyway, because for the REPUBLICANS, their "Chickens have come home to roost"

Meaning that the religious Right Wing NUTS in their party have given EL-CHIMPO..free reign, for almost 8 (Loooong) years. And In typical...EL-CHIMPO sytle, ..He FU**ED IT UP, Major League BIG TIME, and drove the GOP to depths...Never before recorded in US History,.........Deep-deep-deep into that ugly BLACK HOLE/Abyss.

It COULD NOT, have happened to a more deserving Political Party

Now I KNOW the old adage is true !

"What goes around..............Comes around" !!

I can't WAIT to view the CARNAGE on National Television(especially FOX news) on Election night, in Nov/08 !!!!

Well.."cos", I've got to disagree with you .

Hillary(and ALL her BAGGAGE) would be best suited to "drive the car" !!!

However your right.
Given the choice of BO, or bush3, it's a "no brainer"

It's all a moot point anyway, because for the REPUBLICANS, their "Chickens have come home to roost"

Meaning that the religious Right Wing NUTS in their party have given EL-CHIMPO..free reign, for almost 8 (Loooong) years. And In typical...EL-CHIMPO sytle, ..He FU**ED IT UP, Major League BIG TIME, and drove the GOP to depths...Never before recorded in US History,.........Deep-deep-deep into that ugly BLACK HOLE/Abyss.

It COULD NOT, have happened to a more deserving Political Party

Now I KNOW the old adage is true !

"What goes around..............Comes around" !!

I can't WAIT to view the CARNAGE on National Television(especially FOX news) on Election night, in Nov/08 !!!!
Please pardon my OT.

Black Bears,

When you use the phrase “EL-CHIMPO†I think we all know who you’re referring to. I assume you use the phrase “EL-CHIMPO†in reference to George Bush’s facial expressions. Since George Bush is a white guy you don’t run the risk of being called a racist from the politically correct, sensitive “progressive†crowd.

Should Obama become president and the MSM capture Obama with a monkey looking facial expression, I’m sure no one from the “progressive†group will mind if Obama is referred to as “EL-CHIMPOâ€.

"What goes around, comes around"

Just saying

Latest posts