Just A Simple Question...

Flydrive1

Oct 18, 2002
I was speaking today with a fellow UA employee, who said that Southwest customer service employees "only made $14.00 per hour." It's always been my understanding that your wages have always been competitive with "the dinosaurs"...oops..."Legacy Carriers", the main difference being your(and your company's) phenomenally-better effiency and productivity. I asked my friend if he was possibly refering to AVERAGE wage rates, and he didn't know.

So...

Could you tell me what your Airport agents' payscale actually is(Starting, top, and expected "years to top out" if you have a prescribed progression)?

Thanks for the info! You guys are damned lucky to be where you are!

The SWA website only lists starting pay and 2nd year. Customer Service agents start at $9.00/hr with a raise to $10.00/hr at the end of the first year. The website just says that this is a union position and all pay rates are governed by contractual terms.

Agents top out at much more than that (IIRC, it's an 11 year scale). Sorry I can't remeber exact amount, or find link for it....I'm sure someone here will be able to chime in. FWIW, Southwest Ramp tops out at $24.00/hr-more than almost everyone else......

u say only 14 and hour.. that would be nice. i'll get there soon..

but i'm a ramp agent.. makeing about 11 and just completed 2nd yr..

with our contract you have to be there about 5 yrs before you really start making the mid to high teens and up to 20's..

i think its fair and about right for what we do though.

Thank you all for the information! You confirmed my suspicions that my friend had some bum information. This country is trying to eviscerate what's left of its Middle Class....HANG IN THERE! :up:

Flydrive1 said:
Thank you all for the information! You confirmed my suspicions that my friend had some bum information. This country is trying to eviscerate what's left of its Middle Class....HANG IN THERE! :up:
[post="183854"][/post]​

Nice setup ploy. Very weak of you to blame "the country" for going after the middle class as you perceive it.

Those WN employees are productive at levels you never have approached at UA.

And my guess is that you would have never abandoned UA in years past for a WN-style work environment.

Now you want to blame us, the flying public, for not paying a premium just to maintain your level of comfort?

When was the last time you actually paid for a ticket with your own money? Take the family along perhaps??

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Nice setup ploy. Very weak of you to blame "the country" for going after the middle class as you perceive it.

Those WN employees are productive at levels you never have approached at UA.

And my guess is that you would have never abandoned UA in years past for a WN-style work environment.

Now you want to blame us, the flying public, for not paying a premium just to maintain your level of comfort?

[post="183889"][/post]​
how would you even have a clue what ua's work rules are? You don't! You are completely clueless. Thanks for your completely mindless participation. Buh bye