Labor Relations @ U S Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
She did not meet the job qualifacations and she got the job while people who did meet them did not get it.

Maybe it will expose the violating of company policy of how people get passed over when qualified and someone's pal gets the job instead.

Maybe it will be good to get the Sarbanes-Oxley person involved too.
[post="230551"][/post]​

So is there a state or federal law against violating company policy? Is there a law against hiring someone less qualified then someone else as long as discrimination or other state or federal law has not been violated? What gives you the right to publicly make the statement you made about her and even if it was true?

When you become the judge and jury, then come back to me.

Don't believe go dig into it.

Oliver Twist said:
Wether I believe you or not is irrelevent, it was a low blow and tasteless. It has no place on this board.
[post="230537"][/post]​

You're nuts.. it has everything to do with "education". Managers jobs who make the kind of decisions and judgement necessary in labor realtions should be very educated...THAT IS THE POINT.

iF YOU HAVE A BOZO IN THESE POSITIONS, THERE IS NO PROGRESS, BAD BLOOD, LOUSY MORALE , AND NO RESLOVE. Why? Cause they lack the education and the "global insight" to make good decisions.

700UW said:
When you become the judge and jury, then come back to me.

Don't believe go dig into it.
[post="230556"][/post]​

What are you talking about? If you want to read someone who constantly posts opinions as a judge and jury read your own and start with the first post you made in this thread.

PITbull said:
You're nuts.. it has everything to do with "education". Managers jobs who make the kind of decisions and judgement necessary in labor realtions should be very educated...THAT IS THE POINT.

iF YOU HAVE A BOZO IN THESE POSITIONS, THERE IS NO PROGRESS, BAD BLOOD, LOUSY MORALE , AND NO RESLOVE. Why? Cause they lack the education and the "global insight" to make good decisions.
[post="230557"][/post]​

You missed his point he was talking about 700's first post on here that he has since edited in which he had made a crude remark about the way she got her job.

David C went to the SEC {Labor Relations}, which was probably a very good career move, wouldn't you say...?

PITbull said:

[post="230557"][/post]​

Apparently you missed the crude comment that has now been removed from his post. That was the basis for my previous posts. I personally do not know the one he refers to and don't care to know anyone in CCY. They are not worth the effort.

It was a truely crude comment that has been removed. If he has a negative opinion of the person's performance, be my guest and spout whatever dribble you care to write about their performance. That is the purpose for a board like this, Ppinion, not crass comments.

I doubt very seriously if you would be so thrilled if someone used that comment when referring to you as a person. So before you call me "nut's" and go off the deep end with your comments, ask privately what the comment was and then respond.

My posts had nothing to do with his opinion of her performance, but rather his tasteless last line that began this discussion. Where is the decorum (sp) on this board these days? Where is the ability to show a little class in one's posts gone?

As for their ability to manage, the current situation U faces speaks volumes about their lack of ability to do just that.

Peace my friends and happy holidays.

700UW said:
Beth Holder is now managing-director for labor relations for pilots.

Good Luck dealing with her, she use to handle the ramp and never gave them a favorable decision.

She does not even have a college degree and that was part of the criteria for the job.

Funny how the world turns at CCY.

*all happy now?
[post="230529"][/post]​

Thrilled!

Sorry, but in the real world, the qualifications posted for the job aren't an absolute.

There are plenty of people in key positions with Fortune 500 corporations who don't have college degrees. There are lots of people who entered the airline industry straight out of high school know more about running a business than most of the MBA's I've seen in action do combined...

700UW@Dec 21 2004 said:
She did not meet the job qualifacations and she got the job while people who did meet them did not get it.

Maybe it will expose the violating of company policy of how people get passed over when qualified and someone's pal gets the job instead.

Maybe it will be good to get the Sarbanes-Oxley person involved too.

You moron.... Sarbanes-Oxley has to do with accounting fraud and audits of internal financial controls.

I seriously doubt there's a policy which prohibits someone from hiring their friends in management, provided they are able to perform the job. This happens all the time in just about every company. You hire people who you know will get the job done, or with whom you already have a working relationship.

Don't like it? Then stay in a union job where it's all about seniority, and things like aptitude, potential, and ability don't make a difference when it comes to promotions or furloughs.

PITbull said:

[post="230557"][/post]​

Luckily for you the same requirement for managers wasn't enforced to be the MEC President..

Pay attention.

The job was posted, a college degree was a mandatory qualification.

Numerous applicants applied for the job with labor relations experience and a college degree, they were interviewed and none of them got the job.

Then a few weeks later someone with NO College Degree was given the position, a person less qualified then the applicants that applied.

Is it that hard to figure out?

And the MEC Presidency is an elected position and the person taking the job is very well educated and a strong union person. Are you intimidated by strong women?

How do you know who applied and what their qualifications were? That information is confidential and unless you're in CCY in the department that handles the interview process how do you know? Let me help you...YOU DON'T!
Duh!! The MEC President is an elected position????? I would've never known that without help from you. For your information just because you're educated and a strong union person does not make you right for any job unless they have read 700's Mein Kampf. Is the requirement to be a strong woman one that she has to be a union member? If a strong woman isn't a union member is she no longer a strong woman?
Am I intimidated by a strong woman?? Hell yeah!! I married one! What's your excuse??

PS...The CLT station is currently being run by a fine group of strong women. That doesn't intimidate me but apparently it does you.

Sorry women don't run where I work.

And I am so glad all you can do is try to attack instead of sticking to the topic at hand.

And I know exactly what transpired, a little birdy told me.

Guess you don't know where I have been lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.