Last nights Tea Party Debate

tom barry

Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
If we as Republicans are Serious about Making BO a one term president, then in my view the time has come do get behind a non Tea Party candidate who Can win in 12' ! Obviously Jon Huntsmam will not be there at the end of the primary, so the time has come my friends to get behind Romney, and F A S T !
When Dr. Paul was asked the hypothetical: "Should we let that young man DIE" ?, Dr. Paul ultimately was Not trapped by that question,
BUT the APPLAUSE/LAUGHTER/"YEAH" coming from within last nights "Tea Party Event" WILL be Pounded over the airwaves Strongly by the opposition leading up to the final election ! Those of you ardent supporters of the TP need to CLEARLY understand that while you're definitely entitled to your opinions/support of anyone you choose, be Very Well Prepared to realize that said support/choice may Very Well give a weak opposition President, 4 more years. We have NOT heard the Last of the Cheers/Applause from last nights TP event !

TB

I think he was 'trapped' by the question. He says that people should be responsible for their actions. If you cannot afford for medical care or have insurance for medical care, you do not get care. There is no other interpretation of 'responsible'. Then he goes on to say that no medical facility should turn away a person regardless of financial status and ability to pay. That is in direct opposition to the previous statement. If you cannot pay and you receive care then I as a tax payer or I as a patient of the facility that the indigent person received care at will end up paying in part for the persons care.

Paul seems to want it both ways and that does not work.

It is sad that the best people we can come up with are Obama and Romney. It's kind of like being asked to choose what kind of cancer you want to die from.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he was 'trapped' by the question. He says that people should be responsible for their actions. If you cannot afford for medical care or have insurance for medical care, you do not get care. There is no other interpretation of 'responsible'. Then he goes on to say that no medical facility should turn away a person regardless of financial status and ability to pay. That is in direct opposition to the previous statement. If you cannot pay and you receive care then I as a tax payer or I as a patient of the facility that the indigent person received care at will end up paying in part for the persons care.

Paul seems to want it both ways and that does not work.

It is sad that the best people we can come up with are Obama and Romney. It's kind of like being asked to choose what kind of cancer you want to die from.
Yes I agree about the "Obama and Romney". Having said that, Mitt is the Only one who can beat BO. I also think he will even further distance himself from the TP. Those "Applause's and Cheers from last nights TP "event" will be played Over and Over and Over and Over again. Wait and see/(hear) !!

Both parties need to kick the fringe to the curb.I wonder how Bachmann et al are going to explain the cheers. I am sure they were left wing infiltrators. :lol:

Make no mistake. The Tea Party is the Religious Right/Right-Wing on steroids. Them cheering and yelling for a man to die is absolutely despicable. These people have no rational sense of morality or ethics whatsoever. They profess to be so high and mighty in their religious convictions but their true colors sure were exposed last night. They really took humanity down a notch with that performance. And the ironic part is that these are the same wackjobs who were all up in arms claiming (falsely, of course) that the Obama health care bill had "death panels" included. If any candidate running for office has any streak of integrity left in them, they would distance themselves immediately from the Tea Party once and for all. This group has no middle ground. They are extremists, Dominionists, and Theocrats. That's why Perry and Bachmann have been courting them. Birds of a feather.......

Reactions: 2 people
Going to be hard......some 70% of America across the board either are active or sympathetic to TP values.

Better check, there are Atheists involved in the TP too.

Define right and left.....right and left of what?

Lets seem some polls that support that supposition.

The next time folks render opinions on the Tea Party and their motives someone should dig up some of the demographics on those who identify as supporting the concepts and ideas of the movement

Make no mistake. The Tea Party is the Religious Right/Right-Wing on steroids. Them cheering and yelling for a man to die is absolutely despicable. These people have no rational sense of morality or ethics whatsoever. They profess to be so high and mighty in their religious convictions but their true colors sure were exposed last night. They really took humanity down a notch with that performance. And the ironic part is that these are the same wackjobs who were all up in arms claiming (falsely, of course) that the Obama health care bill had "death panels" included. If any candidate running for office has any streak of integrity left in them, they would distance themselves immediately from the Tea Party once and for all. This group has no middle ground. They are extremists, Dominionists, and Theocrats. That's why Perry and Bachmann have been courting them. Birds of a feather.......

No chance in hell the progressives had wonks at the debate to cause negative views of the Tea Party and you fell for it hook,line and sinker?

I thought you were going to blame the mainstream media.

A few years back someone did a survey regarding the personal beliefs of members of the media. Something like 2% identified as Libertarian, 85% Liberal and 13% as conservative. Even if my memory is off by say 10% it's still a pretty striking number.

Everyone no matter how saintly brings their personal values and beliefs to work and in journalism I think that goes double and if the above stats are accurate and I think they are it explains nicely why we have a liberal bias and if you're a Conservative or Libertarian you'd best get used to like in the media pressure cooker as you will be roasted on a spit by the media.

It's a fact of life and it's one of the reasons candidates like Ron Paul spend a lot of money on the internet. I hate it when Republicans and such whine about bias. I mean really like it suddenly came out of thin air? It's been that way since I was a kid.

The REAL reason the media, both Conservative and Liberal get all in an uproar is that folks like the Tea Party folks aren't part of the "System" where the media picks the POTUS and that scares the poop out of them. Pual, Bachmann and the like even if they never get past the primaries have already rocked our nation and its political class.

Reactions: 1 person
No chance in hell the progressives had wonks at the debate to cause negative views of the Tea Party and you fell for it hook,line and sinker?

Yeah, I'm so sure the righteous Tea Party was the unwitting victim of saboteurs and conspiracy.

An interesting study just released in August provides a good current snapshot of the Tea Party.

The New York Times - Crashing the Tea Party

Some highlights:

The Tea Party is now viewed unfavorably by 40 percent of the public and favorably by just 20 percent (quoted from the "14 months later" link.)

The Tea Party ranks lower than any of the 23 other groups we asked about — lower than both Republicans and Democrats. It is even less popular than much maligned groups like “atheists” and “Muslims.” Interestingly, one group that approaches it in unpopularity is the Christian Right.

They are overwhelmingly white, but even compared to other white Republicans, they had a low regard for immigrants and blacks long before Barack Obama was president, and they still do.

They seek “deeply religious” elected officials, approve of religious leaders’ engaging in politics and want religion brought into political debates. The Tea Party’s generals may say their overriding concern is a smaller government, but not their rank and file, who are more concerned about putting God in government.

While over the last five years Americans have become slightly more conservative economically, they have swung even further in opposition to mingling religion and politics. It thus makes sense that the Tea Party ranks alongside the Christian Right in unpopularity.

On everything but the size of government, Tea Party supporters are increasingly out of step with most Americans, even many Republicans.

Latest posts