Latest E-190 decision drops US firm orders to 42

Do you know if it has already been implemented, or is in the works?
Something is fishy here especially after Republic gave US $35M
Republic Airways to Provide up to $35 Million of Loans to US Airways
“US Airways and Republic have enjoyed a successful partnership for nearly 35 years,â€￾ said Republic President and CEO Bryan Bedford. “Through this partnership and over that time, we have developed a mutually beneficial relationship that centers on a commitment to our customers, employees and shareholders. Our investment in US Airways’ today simply reaffirms our commitment to US Airways and its ability to continue managing through uncertain economic times for our industry.â€￾
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/081023/20081023005659.html?.v=1

Something is fishy here especially after Republic gave US $35M
Republic Airways to Provide up to $35 Million of Loans to US Airways
“US Airways and Republic have enjoyed a successful partnership for nearly 35 years,â€￾ said Republic President and CEO Bryan Bedford. “Through this partnership and over that time, we have developed a mutually beneficial relationship that centers on a commitment to our customers, employees and shareholders. Our investment in US Airways’ today simply reaffirms our commitment to US Airways and its ability to continue managing through uncertain economic times for our industry.â€￾
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/081023/20081023005659.html?.v=1

Isn't there a loophole spelled out somewhere that if mainline US cannot pay for a certain number of E-190's on order, they can be delivered to the regionals? (I'm not going to go through the effort of looking this up, because I know Jim will find it in about 12 seconds.)

I know some of the RJ pilots that have been riding mainline jumpseats lately are all excited about the rumor of getting 190's.

I smell a rat...

(I'm not going to go through the effort of looking this up, because I know Jim will find it in about 12 seconds.)
Oh ye of misplaced (and way too much) faith in my abilities.....

I have a vague recollection of something like that in the last East concessionary agreement, but that may have been for the 170's and not the 190's.

The transition agreement specified that 190's will only be operated by mainline. Of course, the original MDA agreement said that anything over 50 seats would be operated by MDA and look where we are today...

Jim

The transition agreement specified that 190's will only be operated by mainline. Of course, the original MDA agreement said that anything over 50 seats would be operated by MDA and look where we are today...

Jim

This is true. The only difference is that ALPA is not here to give away more flying. The 190's are mainline aircraft. The only way to let them go to the regionals at this point is to negotiate a loa and have the pilot group VOTE them off the property... So if they go, the pilots will have to vote them off... don't think that will happen...

This is true. The only difference is that ALPA is not here to give away more flying. The 190's are mainline aircraft. The only way to let them go to the regionals at this point is to negotiate a loa and have the pilot group VOTE them off the property... So if they go, the pilots will have to vote them off... don't think that will happen...

Good!

This is true. The only difference is that ALPA is not here to give away more flying. The 190's are mainline aircraft. The only way to let them go to the regionals at this point is to negotiate a loa and have the pilot group VOTE them off the property...

I certainly hope you're right and the pilots (on both sides) are tired of concessions. Despite all the "blame ALPA", however, it was the pilots that voted for every step of the path from among the highest paid to the lowest paid and from everything above 50 seats is for the furloughees to anything less than 90 seats is for Express.

I fear that USAPA is looked upon as a savior that will prevent the pilots from hurting themselves (completely aside from the seniority thing) but I remember all too well that it was pilots who demanded that they be allowed to vote for concessions. I fear that if push comes to shove the basest aspects of human nature will again surface - if it doesn't affect me and let's me keep my job where's the harm....

Jim

Unspeakable harm is done by conceding scope.
Ain't that the truth...

Yet you'll still see in this forum the occasional forecast of US becoming an Int'l only carrier with feed supplied by low cost carriers. Anything up to 200 seats at an affiliate, anyone?

Jim

Latest posts

Back