Latest Numbers on the VBR & OVL's

VBR has a deadline of 8/15/08, that is what was put out in the VBR meeting last week. Don't know if that is system wide or just in Tulsa.
<_< ------ That has to be system wide, because that's what has been put out here at MCI! And yes, it has been offered here. In fact our local, at least those I've talked to recommend, those who can, take it! Word is that they may shrink us down to our two wide body bays! That translates to somewhere around 300 people. I don't know how they'll deal with he City. Their lease agreement was a min. of 700 people. But I imagine they have some sort of "exit' clause written into it somewhere? -------- Good Luck to all! This looks like it's going to get nasty before it's over!--------- You know what's really strange? We've got five management types from here, in Israel, looking into the possibly of doing 767 cargo door Mods! :huh:

Don't waste your breath, coldplay....The pro company management supporting anti union posters here will tell you that if you want executive PUPS and compensation, then become an executive... They like to tell us how outdated and un reasonable unions are and need to live in today's world.. But they don't tell you that management hasn't changed one bit and are still the greedy arrogant pompous types that had a major hand in the state of the airlines because of their shortsightedness.

They like to blame labor for their woes because of ancient work rules that THEY THEMSELVES agreed on....

What a management team!

AA would be turning a profit right now if it were not for a single factor beyond its control: the cost of fuel. This has affected everyone equally (except Southwest) and all are in the same boat, so it's unfair to blame one company's management for an industry crisis that affects everyone. So, oil aside, how would a profitable AMR be the result of poor management?

Not saying they are perfect - far from it - but let's assign blame fairly, not arbitrarily.

And I have not forgotten what you gave up in 2003. When the profits return I'll be posting on this board that you should get your fair share.

It is on JETNET. It is being offered to all TWU members. It is under VBR on the first page of JETNET in the center box and under People Reduction Information. Click TWU and it gives all the details except deadline date.

It is on JETNET. It is being offered to all TWU members. It is under VBR on the first page of JETNET in the center box and under People Reduction Information. Click TWU and it gives all the details except deadline date.

When you sign on to Jetnet first you click on Voluntary leave information right on the middle of the page, then on the next page on the bottom right click on Who's Offering? | Election Form. There you will see that for TWU nobody is able to sign up yet. The TWU airport services where able about a week ago but that was it. The TWU M&E option was available friday for about 3 or 4 hours but the took it off. I was told that it was going to come back on Monday, but that didn't happen.

When you sign on to Jetnet first you click on Voluntary leave information right on the middle of the page, then on the next page on the bottom right click on Who's Offering? | Election Form. There you will see that for TWU nobody is able to sign up yet. The TWU airport services where able about a week ago but that was it. The TWU M&E option was available friday for about 3 or 4 hours but the took it off. I was told that it was going to come back on Monday, but that didn't happen.

Where you actually elect to take I don't know. I do know that the deadline to take the VBR for Title 1 Maint. is 08/15/08....... So it will be exercised through Jetnet?

Where you actually elect to take I don't know. I do know that the deadline to take the VBR for Title 1 Maint. is 08/15/08....... So it will be exercised through Jetnet?

There was a letter out today from Cleveland that stated that the vbr is being reviewed with the twu and would be available soon to twu m&e members. You cannot sign up yet. It looks that they are making changes to it. As far as I know from the person handling the vbr's in Afw is that you can only sign up through jetnet. But this is AA and things are never what they seem.

There was a letter out today from Cleveland that stated that the vbr is being reviewed with the twu and would be available soon to twu m&e members. You cannot sign up yet. It looks that they are making changes to it. As far as I know from the person handling the vbr's in Afw is that you can only sign up through jetnet. But this is AA and things are never what they seem.

I did not see the letter, did it say they were changing the deadline date also?

It said that it will be available for 2 weeks when they decide to open it up. I don't know if they are adding some incentives to get more members to take it or they are cutting whatever they offered. I haven't heard anything concrete about it.

There's no deadline yet, as there is no VBR yet for mechanics. The letter is quite clear that the details are still being worked out, once that is done the VBR will be announced and than you'll have two weeks till the deadline.

There's no deadline yet, as there is no VBR yet for mechanics. The letter is quite clear that the details are still being worked out, once that is done the VBR will be announced and than you'll have two weeks till the deadline.
<_< ------ What's your feeling on this AMFAMAN? Do you feel a lot of people will take them up on it there at AFW, or not?------ Tulsa, same question?

<_< ------ What's your feeling on this AMFAMAN? Do you feel a lot of people will take them up on it there at AFW, or not?------ Tulsa, same question?
I dont pretend to know the pulse of tulsa but there is intrest here. I dont talk to many people but I know of 3 people that are taking it

Not at AFW, but know a few who will take it their. At DFW, a handful or so are looking at it.

BTW...Just got a look at the new dock plan coming out and things don't look good in MCI past next July.

Latest posts