LAX RON & ULTRA CLEAN GONE ??

----------------
On 4/9/2003 1:20:30 AM LAXMAN wrote:

THANKS TWU !! WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GIVE AWAY ? YOUR SOFT CUSHY JOB ?
I THINK NOT.

----------------​
It is a known fact that AA wanted to eliminate "Paid Union Business" and that was apparently the first thing the TWU corrected. It appears everyone is paying a price so that the worthless union officers can continue to avoid working.

Now fleet service knows what its like to lose jobs. Since 1983, AA mechanics have systematically lost jobs. But not to outside contractors, but to fleet service. Pushbacks and deicing cost AA mechanics many jobs but fleet service has benefitted. Welcome to club, boys!

FA MIKEY: You are missing the point here. Since ''83, every job lost by a mechanic has gone to fleet service. The TWU agreed to this because it perserved their union dues. It is not a question of wasting skills and talents. It''s a matter of keeping what had been gained over the past 50 years. I''ve been around aircraft for about 30 years now as an aircraft mechanic. I know for sure that I can fly an aircraft, no problem. But would you suggest that mechanics start flying aircraft to save AA money by not using pilots?

----------------
On 4/9/2003 7:28:52 AM Hopeful wrote:

Now fleet service knows what its like to lose jobs. Since 1983, AA mechanics have systematically lost jobs. But not to outside contractors, but to fleet service. Pushbacks and deicing cost AA mechanics many jobs but fleet service has benefitted. Welcome to club, boys!

----------------​
Having a mechanic doing Pushbacks and deicing, is a waste of your skills and training. Those jobs merely padded your ranks and numbers. Its ironic to have you say this here, and on another thread say you want to contract out your true maintenance overhaul jobs.

You're ignoring the fact that giving pushbacks to fleet didn't increase headcount. We were already using a 5 or 6 man crew when pushbacks crossed over, which just used someone who would otherwise be in the gatehouse playing cards.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 10:40:01 AM eolesen wrote:

You're ignoring the fact that giving pushbacks to fleet didn't increase headcount. We were already using a 5 or 6 man crew when pushbacks crossed over, which just used someone who would otherwise be in the gatehouse playing cards.

----------------​
Maybe we should do a survey and see what the people think about this issue?

Fire Carty and hire Clinton as C.E.O., he was an expert and operating off of surveys.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 10:40:01 AM eolesen wrote:

We were already using a 5 or 6 man crew when pushbacks crossed over.

----------------

Five or six man crew? I''ve never had five or six clerks on a crew.At Kennedy we''d get a P/T''er on an OAL flight, but that was the exception,not the rule.At LGA three clerks per gate is the accepted staffing formula.​

Why dont our union leaders [brothers] in office contribute to this effort ? They should look inside and come up with some cost savings of their own. How about eliminating all Vice Presidents at ALL local locations, and most of the secretary posistions, etc. etc. The TWU has alot of waste, lets throw it out !!!! JOIN THE EFFORT TWU OFFICIALS.