PHX House Cleaning

Fear,intimidation,lack of respect for anyone. He is famous for pitting one shift against the other(spreading false info,placing false blame). And worst of all, getting his sycophants to sprinkle magic fairy dust on acft that are turned over to dayshift. Before anyone jumps my sh*t. these are not just allegations. What was upper mgnt thinking when they brought him back? :shock:
I'm guessing they need more fairy dust for the aircraft.
Either that or they need to teach the aircraft happy thoughts so they can fly?

I'm guessing they need more fairy dust for the aircraft.
Either that or they need to teach the aircraft happy thoughts so they can fly?

Well how about,using a little widely avail technology to at least get the maint manuels and referances in a easy to use format.

Micro Fish...went out in the 80's

Brand new PC's al over the place and nothing on em,a computer tracking system that sucks.And its going to get worse.All the known east stock numbers will be gone soon.It will all be a learning curve,tell the pax that hey as soon as we find the part number we will get the part to fix the plane,ya right.

Come on, Sceptre is a dream compared to Merlin. I mean look at how easy it is to use.. Simple.. As for part nubmers, cake walk.. Who wants something like 33201 when you can have a number like 13-3240-3-0001.

Mtc Management is right on top of things. We have the best of the best.. Ask McMuffin and Spenus... Ace's..

Well how about,using a little widely avail technology to at least get the maint manuels and referances in a easy to use format.

Micro Fish...went out in the 80's

Brand new PC's al over the place and nothing on em,a computer tracking system that sucks.And its going to get worse.All the known east stock numbers will be gone soon.It will all be a learning curve,tell the pax that hey as soon as we find the part number we will get the part to fix the plane,ya right.

Mtc Management is right on top of things. We have the best of the best.. Ask McMuffin and Spenus... Ace's..

The dream team...cant comprehend plain english.Seen it myself.

Seen it? I have lived it for the better part of 15 years in hangar 5. Watched Spenus go from a dopey technician to supervisor to manager to Director, a guy having no clue what an airplane is or does, no people skills at all and having been dragged into HR numerous times only to have his pal and buddy McMuffin bail him out.. All because the Spenus rented vans so he could drive everyone to McMuffins son's football games.. Sad state of affairs.

When McMuffin took over from Jack N we thought things would get better.. All talk.. I'm going to come out and talk to you guys monthly.. I went 3 years before he came out to talk to us and it was to tell us that it was our fault that we were running out of green time on the aircraft and that we were to blame, not management.

McMuffin and Spenus have surrounded themselves with the largest group of "YES" men the company has ever known.

If you talk to Spenus sometime ask him if an ELT and a BLT are the same thing. He thinks they are!

The dream team...cant comprehend plain english.Seen it myself.

Seen it? I have lived it for the better part of 15 years in hangar 5. Watched Spenus go from a dopey technician to supervisor to manager to Director, a guy having no clue what an airplane is or does, no people skills at all and having been dragged into HR numerous times only to have his pal and buddy McMuffin bail him out.. All because the Spenus rented vans so he could drive everyone to McMuffins son's football games.. Sad state of affairs.

When McMuffin took over from Jack N we thought things would get better.. All talk.. I'm going to come out and talk to you guys monthly.. I went 3 years before he came out to talk to us and it was to tell us that it was our fault that we were running out of green time on the aircraft and that we were to blame, not management.

McMuffin and Spenus have surrounded themselves with the largest group of "YES" men the company has ever known.

If you talk to Spenus sometime ask him if an ELT and a BLT are the same thing. He thinks they are!

Thought TM took over from John whats his name,hey they fired or screwed the good foreman....demagog dictatorship.

Around here it means they eliminate the ones that were working with the techs and promote the ones that swallow a mouth full.

Around here it means they eliminate the ones that were working with the techs and promote the ones that swallow a mouth full.

:up: :up: Have to agree with you on that one!!! :up: :up:

As for Sceptre, that has to be one of the worst mistakes ever to happen in the MTC department. Boy is that new part number much easier to work with than the old 6 digit!! :down: And its great when you call MTC control from the gate to get a part number only to be told that fleet has be converted into Sceptre and the old reliable quickie parts book was now no good!! "You will have to look it up", fine, so you leave the plane on a mission to find a computer that works, now you must login,"oops my password expired, call for a reset.....on and on it goes!!!!The research, paperwork and computer now usually takes longer than the actual job with minor maintenance. U East had 270+ aircraft pre merger vs U West guessing 130+. Much more maintenance was being performed on the East, so would it not make sense to adopt that system? Wait till the 73's and the little bus's get switched and the mess will get ever bigger!!!

BINGO!! Right on the money..

Welcome to US Airways EAST.. If you "SU&*" at your Job you move on up the chain.. If you are good at your job you get kicked in the teeth and fired.

"House Cleaning" is often an effective way to change morale and to build teamwork and team spirit.

However in my non airline career, housecleaning often sweep problems under the rug or in the zeal to clean something(s) of value often get thrown away.

Not if you start with the right people.

First two to go: Parker and Kirby.

The BOD then appoints Lakefield as new CEO to raid Southwest to find their best and brightest to come run this company.

Once that happens Lakefield bows out and this company is poised for greatness.

It's not that we don't have enormous potential at LCC. The problem is we have two guys running it that don't have a freakin clue how it needs to be done.

pilot

You're right with the right leadership and cooperation there is no reason we could not be one of the best. I know the guys I work with could and have the same opinion about the guys from the east that I have met so far.

With PHX supervisors reviews just a month away, you can bet several supervisors jobs are on the line. Steve Bobzin is returning from MOC, :down: and the rumor mill in PHX is that he is going to start cleaning house. I wonder who's first?
The update out of PHX is that upper management is looking to axe four (4) sups :eek: ,and the time frame could be early summer.

USAir was a GREAT airline once. In the early 90's that is when all hell broke loose. The problem is airline people aren't running this airline only investors. The kids in Tempe don't have airline experience...real major airline experience. We need "old airline" mentality back at this company. We don't need a Lakefield back or Bonner we need true in the blood airline people. Nothing will get better until that happens.

USAir was a GREAT airline once. In the early 90's that is when all hell broke loose. The problem is airline people aren't running this airline only investors. The kids in Tempe don't have airline experience...real major airline experience. We need "old airline" mentality back at this company. We don't need a Lakefield back or Bonner we need true in the blood airline people. Nothing will get better until that happens.
Airline people do the job because they like it,its a part of you.You take pride in ontime good service.Your there to serve not to rull.There is no need for rulers,airline people know what needs to be done and do it,maybe in there own time but they do it.No need to look busy,we are busy,planning the next right thing to do.We call other stations on the phone and say hey what about this,ego goes out the window,we all have 1 goal.To get the happy customer to his or her destination with a smile.(pride of the b-line) :up: