LCC my A$$

Cool, I used to live in Lynchburg and always flew Piedmont. Sigh... good old days.

I sure do miss Piedmont as well. I remember back in the early to mid 80's every spring Piedmont would offer special "State Fares" that covered VA, NC and SC. You could fly to any point in the same state for $39 one way, or any point in any of the other two states for $49 one way. Former Piedmont execs once told me they made a lot of money with these fares, not to mention the goodwill they built for the airline in the 3 state area as well.

Just curious if you ended up with the $2400 fare? Tonight its showing about $1200 rt, but it looks like its the return flight thats full.

Coach: $448
First: $789
6:00 AM Lynchburg, VA
11:20 AM Denver, CO 4279 / 1521
Stops: CLT Details / Seats
7 h 20 m

Coach: $789
First: Sold Out
3:30 PM Denver, CO
11:05 PM Lynchburg, VA 1526 / 4394
5 h 35 m

Just curious if you ended up with the $2400 fare? Tonight its showing about $1200 rt, but it looks like its the return flight thats full.

Coach: $448
First: $789
6:00 AM Lynchburg, VA
11:20 AM Denver, CO 4279 / 1521
7 h 20 m
Coach: $789
First: Sold Out
3:30 PM Denver, CO
11:05 PM Lynchburg, VA 1526 / 4394
5 h 35 m

As much as I hated to do it, I had to hold my nose and book the trip on DL last night. $1024 R/T still cheaper than LCC and I was able to get seats. I hate having to fly through ATL - when it breaks it's as big a mess as PHL.

Thanks for your honesty, you did the right thing. Please just grant us the possibility that you will continue to check our fares. We want your business, even though it seems we are trying to give "you" the business. Best. Greeter (21 year employee)

Thanks for your honesty, you did the right thing. Please just grant us the possibility that you will continue to check our fares. We want your business, even though it seems we are trying to give "you" the business. Best. Greeter (21 year employee)

I will always fly US even when they are somewhat more expensive. I have always been treated like a king by the staff and employees at US. US employees are the best in the business bar none. Unfortunantly pricing procludes me from flying US on this trip.

Just for Sh!ts and giggles I tried a 11/13 departure ROA/DEN with an 11/17 return and got a fare of 1,122.00 which is more in line with the DL fare.

US has ALWAYS had some unique pricing quirks. I used to fly for absolute dirt when ACY was going. You just have to find the semi-local airport with light loads that connects to a hub that can get you on a M/L Jet.

ROA isn't that fare from LYH and I'm inside the 7 day window.

I do sometimes have to fly out of ROA or even GSO. However when flying on business (i.e. my client's nickel), I try to fly out of LYH as much as possible. LYH is hardly an airline mega center with airlines beating the door down to add service here. If the business travelers here in LYH don't use the airport then we can't expect to have decent service in the future.

It's a real catch-22 - one experienced by most small market airports I would suspect.

Latest posts