Lets Look Foward

planeirish

Aug 8, 2004
I will get flamed for saying this but lets put this past year and all it's "issues" behind us and ask ourselves what one thing can I do to help make this new year better for U's customers and fellow employees.

We have been beat and battered and left for dead but if each of us can do one thing each day that will make the airline shine, what a difference it will make. We can take pride that we cared enough to try and make it work. How many of us want to watch a another airline pick our carcass?

We cannot change to culture of our leadership. A wise person once said "respect is commanded and not demanded". We can meet and exceed the customers expections and those are the ones we need to impress. We can make a difference.

Best to everyone for 2005.

planeirish said:
I will get flamed for saying this but lets put this past year and all it's "issues" behind us and ask ourselves what one thing can I do to help make this new year better for U's customers and fellow employees.

We have been beat and battered and left for dead but if each of us can do one thing each day that will make the airline shine, what a difference it will make. We can take pride that we cared enough to try and make it work. How many of us want to watch a another airline pick our carcass?

We cannot change to culture of our leadership. A wise person once said "respect is commanded and not demanded". We can meet and exceed the customers expections and those are the ones we need to impress. We can make a difference.

Best to everyone for 2005.
[post="234474"][/post]​
great Idea...

planeirish said:
We can make a difference.

[post="234474"][/post]​
Noble gesture. Employees can respect each other all the way oblivion, which is where U's heading. Mark my Words and look to what the courts demand in the coming weeks of employees who have given beyond the hurting stage. The difference you can make was already suggested by management, and that is to leave.

Planeirish:

I agree. There is nothing that can be done about the past and for those who continue to work at the company, we need to make it the best place to work we can. Simple smiles, compliments, and helping each other out is a great way to work.

You're right, "we can make a difference".

Best regard,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Planeirish:

I agree. There is nothing that can be done about the past and for those who continue to work at the company, we need to make it the best place to work we can. Simple smiles, compliments, and helping each other out is a great way to work.

You're right, "we can make a difference".

Best regard,

USA320Pilot
[post="234495"][/post]​
Yep, sure can. Smile at each other while you fill out your applications for unemployment.

U will not see 2006

Of course this is only my humble opinion and like the captain's opinion, opinions are like you know what, everyone has one.....

They goes my flying privileges. . . . . . . . . .

I am continually amazed at the negativity constantly displayed on this web site. If you need to vent, go ahead. As for me, I believe the naysayers are the minority, and even if U was to cease to exist, I for one will still give 100 percent plus, because that is my job, and if I have to move on, I will be better off just "doing it" instead of whining. Best wishes for the New Year to all of you, whiners included.........

I will gladly give 110% daily. And all I ask for in return, is that I have 100% of the tools I need to do my job.

Well, were there any festivities at PHL last night? Maybe not a ballroom at the hotel but something? Are there no stories of good cheer? I understand that it's a job and an exhausting one at that, but anything?

I commend the positive outlook but ultimately US' future will be determined by creditors, customers, and competitors.

WorldTraveler said:
I commend the positive outlook but ultimately US' future will be determined by creditors, customers, and competitors.
[post="234528"][/post]​

Creditors - Some hoping that they'll get repaid, but know they probably won't

Customers - Few diehards still hanging on. Most either PO'd at U or shop on price only and probably don't know which airline they're actually on until they look at the computer printout on the way to the airport.

Competitiors - Continue with plan to allow U to bleed itself white. As long as current U leadership is in place, they know they only have to wait another month or two. AA or NW waiting with written offers on the shuttle slots once they hits the courthouse steps and can be bought without union contract stipulations.

However, I disagree with the premise that U's fate is in the above hands. In reality it was in Siegel's hands and he blew it and walked away rich.

boeingdriver213 said:
I am continually amazed at the negativity constantly displayed on this web site. If you need to vent, go ahead. As for me, I believe the naysayers are the minority, and even if U was to cease to exist, I for one will still give 100 percent plus, because that is my job, and if I have to move on, I will be better off just "doing it" instead of whining. Best wishes for the New Year to all of you, whiners included.........
[post="234513"][/post]​
:up: Yes your so right! We need to start anew and remember that we CAN indeed have a future. Who knows what will happen at US- hopefully it will survive. Its time to start things positively ! Move forward with the belief that it will continue and hopefully thrive. Heres to a prosperous 2005 for ALL!! Cheers and Peace!!

Back