Letter From Doug Parker - February 9, 2007

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
February 9, 2007

Dear Employees,

Approximately one week ago tonight, I did something that I need to tell you about.

After spending the evening with several friends at a local golf tournament in Phoenix , I agreed to drive a couple of these friends home. Unfortunately, I was in too much of a hurry and was pulled over for speeding. When asked if I had had anything to drink, I answered truthfully that while I believed I was okay to drive, I had consumed some alcohol during the course of the evening.

I was taken to a location where blood is drawn so my alcohol content could be tested for the legal limits. I am now awaiting those results. While I believe it is very likely those tests will come back under the legal limit, our local press has learned about the incident and will be writing a story about it shortly.

First and foremost, you need to know how embarrassed and sorry I am about this. I have let down all of you and also my family, and that is something I will have to live with irrespective of the outcome.

I know that by virtue of my position at our airline, all of my actions, personal and public, have consequences for all of us and I try very hard to live up to that responsibility. In this instance, my actions have not reflected well on US Airways and for that, I apologize.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Doug

USA320Pilot comments: Two points: People need to be held accountable for their actions and everybody is human and makes mistakes.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot comments: Two points: People need to be held accountable for their actions and everybody is human and makes mistakes.

Yes, people need to be held accountable. Much to his credit, he seems to be standing out front on this. Now perhaps, he will direct human resources to act with the same compassion towards employees who 'err' like he would like the BOD to act towards him.

There isn't one of us out there who hasn't made some mistake, whether caught or not.

DENVER,CO

February 9, 2007

Dear Employees,

Approximately one week ago tonight, I did something that I need to tell you about.

After spending the evening with several friends at a local golf tournament in Phoenix , I agreed to drive a couple of these friends home. Unfortunately, I was in too much of a hurry and was pulled over for speeding. When asked if I had had anything to drink, I answered truthfully that while I believed I was okay to drive, I had consumed some alcohol during the course of the evening.

I was taken to a location where blood is drawn so my alcohol content could be tested for the legal limits. I am now awaiting those results. While I believe it is very likely those tests will come back under the legal limit, our local press has learned about the incident and will be writing a story about it shortly.

First and foremost, you need to know how embarrassed and sorry I am about this. I have let down all of you and also my family, and that is something I will have to live with irrespective of the outcome.

I know that by virtue of my position at our airline, all of my actions, personal and public, have consequences for all of us and I try very hard to live up to that responsibility. In this instance, my actions have not reflected well on US Airways and for that, I apologize.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Doug

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Wonder why he didn't mention he REFUSED to take the breatherlizer test. Could it be that he knew he was drunk and thus has lied once again......

And I'm not buying that he did not know until today that he was at a level of .096.

Now perhaps, he will direct human resources to act with the same compassion towards employees who 'err' like he would like the BOD to act towards him.

...but let's not any of us hold our breath waiting for the kinder, gentler USAirways.

When a person reaches this level in America, be it corporate, political, religious, educational, etc. he/she begins to have a feeling of entitlement and that the rules that are necessary to keep the masses under control do not apply to them.

Nothing will change.

So, of course, it must depend on who makes the mistake as to when the person's lack of character comes into play? When does their courage to come forward in a timely matter come into question? Interesting that since those are your big hot button value issues, it wasn't mentioned in your points.

When someone is corporate, they are expected to behave ABOVE reproach, LEAD by example and are ALWAYS on the clock -- that is why they command and are given the big bucks, period.

the guy made a mistake.

we all make mistakes.

here,thankfully no one was hurt.

now lets move on.

hope he does not make a bigger mistake

by moving the soc/occ to pit.

now that would be a huge mistake.

phx or clt yes

pit no ...pit big big mistake.

Fox news is a friggin joke. Let's put it this way if a pilot was pulled over.... I think Doogie owes everyone a big raise and a fair contract, don't you? Only then will everyone forgive and forget...LOL

Later,
Eye

Yes, people need to be held accountable. Much to his credit, he seems to be standing out front on this. Now perhaps, he will direct human resources to act with the same compassion towards employees who 'err' like he would like the BOD to act towards him.

There isn't one of us out there who hasn't made some mistake, whether caught or not.

DENVER,CO

Yea, quite noble. Took him one week to fess up only after it hit the news wires country wide.

Latest posts