Lga Today--the Pilot Takes A Stand

Piney...you have to keep it very simple here or it will go WAY over their heads. They just don't understand...This kind of work ethics will get us nowhere fast. This is the thinking that will keep the bad attitudes around and this will fail...and we can't afford this kind of thought pattern. We all need to go the extra inch and dig out of this hole. All US is doing now is what the LCC's are doing...we just don't want to except it. If we don't...we are done, atleast working together we may have a chance. I know 700 you don't understand, this is no time to pound our chest and pick the contract apart while the LCC'S are picking us apart and kicking our A$$!!! Not to mention a $1.55/per gallon of jet fuel.

They will never understand Piney!! After all...It is the IAM!!

Just MHO!!

It's just my 2 cents here. All of this fighting to what end? If many of you are honest with yourselves you have to know it is senseless because it is too late. It doesn't matter anymore. This Airline is just Dead Man Walking!

Look around. Thirty % of Customer Service just agreed to leave, to be replaced for the most part by people who will not care, or are not in this country. Five hundred Flight Att's will leave by year end (only reason not more is it is the limit).

Most of the Ramp farmed out by fall, Utility gone. Mechanics cut in half.

Please stop all of the stupid enfighting and be ready if the doors close. Have your own personal plan B ready.

It's a slow motion train wreck, but it is STILL a wreck on the way. If it's not Oil, it will be the Company Mismagement finally breaking its back.

Thankful to be on the outside, stress IS a killer. Many of you are stressed beyond belief IMHO.

I want to thank BoeingBoy, who does a great job of explaining this business to those who are not experts in Airline affairs. Thank you Jim!

Good luck everyone. Life is just too short for all of this .................

Fatherknowsbest said:
I want to thank BoeingBoy, who does a great job of explaining this business to those who are not experts in Airline affairs. Thank you Jim!

Good luck everyone. Life is just too short for all of this .................
[post="256458"][/post]​

Thanks for the kind words, they're appreciated.

Take care.

Jim

No bitterness here...just don't understand how you can almost support someone for not doing what they agreed to do in the signed contract!! Work under the new pay rate and work rules. Very simple!

No bitterness...not worth it!!

I'll do my job...only asking that others do the same, that's all!!

PineyBob said:
IAM = International Association of Malingerers?
IAM = International Association of Malcontents?
IAM = International Association of Money Grubbers?

anyone care to add to it?
[post="256464"][/post]​

Mudslingers
Misfits
Misunderstoods

PineyBob said:
IAM = International Association of Malingerers?
IAM = International Association of Malcontents?
IAM = International Association of Money Grubbers?

anyone care to add to it?
[post="256464"][/post]​

And what would you call management who has taken little or no paycut?

It's called management...like I said...we will keep it REAL simple, OK!! Your worst enemy right now ISN'T management...it's the LCC's that have gutted the industry. If you were management you would do and skirt the same issue. I'm NOT in love with this management team but they are all the same. DAL is bleeding 3 to 4 mil a day and I can bet their corporate leaders didn't take the same paycut labor did. That's how the corporate world works. It's management!! Fuel right now is costing us more then salaries!! The whole industry is in a tight spiral...you can point fingers at ALL the management teams everywhere. It's a mess and all of us are looking for the answer before it's to late...maybe it is!! At a $1.55/gallon, we all could work for free and probably would still lose money!!!

aafsc said:
How many of the rampers, as well as other employees, are just hanging around waiting for the buy out or layoffs? If you knew your days were numbered, would you care?
Also, a flight attendant stated here or on another site that if a flight attendant gets injured while helping the passengers put the luggage in the overhead, the company will not cover the flight attendant because it was not in their job description.
[post="256420"][/post]​

There are plenty of falsehoods going around on this board in particular. The truth is that if a flight attendant gets injured helping a passenger place a bag in the bin, the employee needs to turn in a claim. The company has workers comp insurance for this type of injury. If the insurance carrier rejects the claim, and there are no mitigating circumstances (such as the flight attendant was not actually on duty, but non-reving) the claim would be payable. If the claim isn't payable, the employee should file a lawsuit. Insurance companies are slimy, very very slimy. I have worked with a number of them and they sumarilly reject claims which should be paid. But it is the insurance carrier, not US Airways, who decides what claims it pays. FWIW, if a claim is rejected and the employee sues, they would actually sue US Airways, not the insurance carrier. The carrier is required by law to defend the claim (costs of defense include attorneys' fees and expenses) and indemnify US Airways against losses, up to its limitation per incident. That is to say, for instance, that if an employee wins a $2M judgment against US Airways, but the limit of US Airways policy is $1M per incident, AND if coverage is valid (i.e., US Airways paid its bill) then the carrier would have to pay the first $1M of the judgment plus the costs of defense, and US Airways would have to pay the amount over $1M.

It is noteworthy that these policies are written to include generalities of a job. For instance, they don't generally disclude certain functions. In other words, there won't be an exclusion for helping passengers place items in an overhead bid. So, if you are working, that is, performing work for the company, your claim should (and absent some bizarre set of circimstances, would) be covered. It is very elementary law. Period.

As for whatever flight attendant didn't get paid for what, I can't tell you without knowing the circumstances. It could, like I said, somebody nonreving. But these boards are replete with false information from somebody who heard from somebody who heard from somebody else.

Regards,
DCAflyer

I thought USAirways was self insured and they only hired the administrators?

Plan

Plan Funding
The Plan is a self-insured plan. Benefits from this Plan are paid from employee contributions,
as applicable, and from the general assets of US Airways, as needed. US Airways has
contracted with third party administrators to administer the Plan.

Of course this is regular medical not sure about how Workman's Comp would work.

700UW said:
No in your case, it would be YOU always come first ALWAYS.

I know a CLT based F/A who injured her back while helping a passenger stow luggage and the OJI claim was denied.
[post="256423"][/post]​
Then your friend needs to get an attorney. It would not be the company to denied the claim. That is a function of the insurance company.

thats too funny. i cant stand piney bob. Hey Bob, just cuz your are a chairmains doesnt mean crap. All you do is whine about the workers.

usairways_vote_NO said:
I thought USAirways was self insured and they only hired the administrators?

Plan

Plan Funding
The Plan is a self-insured plan. Benefits from this Plan are paid from employee contributions,
as applicable, and from the general assets of US Airways, as needed. US Airways has
contracted with third party administrators to administer the Plan.

Of course this is regular medical not sure about how Workman's Comp would work.
[post="256471"][/post]​

First of all, it's WORKERS COMP, not WORKMEN'S COMP. It hasn't been called workmen's comp in decades. Second, I have never ever heard of a company self-insuring workers comp and I don't even think it would be legal. The law in most, if not all sates requires employers to carry the insurance. US Airways can self insure other things, but not workers comp. Workers comp laws are VERY specific and very rigid. And employees absolutely to not make contributions to workers comp. Check your paystub!

DCAflyer

P.S., after I posted this, I went in and took a look at your link... it is a link to the health insurance... NOT workers comp. Two very very different animals.

Back