Lga Today--the Pilot Takes A Stand

700UW:

How come I knew you would be the first to post a comment about Bruce Lakefield with your normal sentiment. Lakefield is underpaid by traditional CEO standards and makes dramatically less than Seth Schofield, Stephen Wolf, Rakesh Gangwal, and Dave Siegel.

He took his pay cut on day one and is below industry standard pay.

It's typical by the "union entitlement" crowd to always blame management after all you need entitlement, right?

If you project that attitude with your new employer in your interviews I believe you will not get hired. Again, the customer always comes first, in any business.

In regard to Siegel and Neeleman, I only posted information on his salary. In regard to Neeleman, go look at all of his incentive based compensation, instead of leaving out information. How about Tilton's bonus announced today?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

How is he underpaid when his base salary is more then the CEO of WN which is James Parker and the CEO of B6 who is David Neeleman?

The last time I looked those companies are profitible while US is in its second bankruptcy in less then two years.

Go read B6's DEF14A, it is all there, and in 2003 Neeleman recieved no stock, can you not read that fact in their SEC filings? And Mr Neeleman owns 7.1% of B6 Stock, yet he did invest his own money in the use of start-up capital to get B6 off the ground, gee another fact you disregarded.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

And I am not interviewing with a new employer, I am not getting laid-off, gee don't let another fact get in your way once again.

Like I have said over and over and over, I do not condone someone not doing their job, but once again management has a recourse, see their job is to manage people and make sure they do their work and they can seek discipline against those who are not.

Is that something too hard to understand?

USA320Pilot said:
The customer always, always comes first.

Separately, if you're getting paid you should always do your best -- it's called professionalism versus entitlement.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="256421"][/post]​

Wow!!

An entire USA320Pilot post that I can heartily endorse 100%!

Miracles DO happen!!

700UW said:
Well you should have said that in the first place.

Piedmont employees are not mainline US Airways employees and they are non-union.
[post="256512"][/post]​

Oh, I get it. Somehow an IAM ramper's job is sacrosanct, but the non-union ramper can be trampled at will. Nice ethic, 700. Doesn't surprise me.

nycbusdriver said:
Oh, I get it. Somehow an IAM ramper's job is sacrosanct, but the non-union ramper can be trampled at will. Nice ethic, 700. Doesn't surprise me.
[post="256551"][/post]​
Please show me where I said a non-union ramper can be trampled on at will?

Are you taking posting lessons from another LGA based pilot?

Hey Bob,

What about your topic you started criticizing Glass?
Then you pulled it down when Chiames threatened your Dividend Miles and you told the whole board that you would not post again.

Guess your word means nothing.

DCAflyer said:
First of all, it's WORKERS COMP, not WORKMEN'S COMP.  It hasn't been called workmen's comp in decades.  Second, I have never ever heard of a company self-insuring workers comp and I don't even think it would be legal.  The law in most, if not all sates requires employers to carry the insurance.  US Airways can self insure other things, but not workers comp.  Workers comp laws are VERY specific and very rigid.  And employees absolutely to not make contributions to workers comp.  Check your paystub!

DCAflyer

P.S., after I posted this, I went in and took a look at your link... it is a link to the health insurance... NOT workers comp.  Two very very different animals.
[post="256476"][/post]​

Well snapper First of all you are right it isn't officially called WORKMEN'S COMP (in the USA) just as is ISN'T officially called WORKERS COMP (or WORKERS' COMP) though both are still common terms ( Common Term. ) used today in the USA. Since we are getting official should we call it by it's real name Workers' Compensation.

Second of all now that that is taken care of lets make sure we use the correct term for state too. It is state not sate.

Third of all if you read my post completely you would have know I did put a disclosure on the bottom stating that what I had written about and supplied link for was regular insurance NOT workmen's comp and I didn't know how workmen's comp would work (yes I will still use that term thank you very much). I can understand though I rarely read long winded posts all the way through.

disclosure quote:
"Of course this is regular medical not sure about how Workman's Comp would work."

What I actually said and how you interpreted it are two very very different animals. Please read and understand what is being said or you just make yourself look foolish. Hey I should know I do it all the time.

Fourth of all 700 does say USAirways is self insured (DISCLOSURE I do not know that as a fact). But you can definitely be self-insured in most states.

Self Insured? (this is a link Piney)

Department of Labor Laws (this is a link Piney)

One thing SWA does does, besides promoting teamwork, is not tolerating laziness or not doing your job. They are quick and tough at eliminating deadwood and anyone who just sits back and let things slide or say "oh well, it's just the way it is" or watching tv in the break room when they should be on the ramp working. Same principle applies in all positioons including managerial. They are the "LUV" airline but don't do your job and you are out of there pronto. The employees know this. Once an airline like U allows incompetence and laziness to enter the picture without consequences for the employee it becomes part of the culture (of course it starts at the top too). SWA does not permit a culture of "let someone else do it" enter the picture. People get fired for it. U has allowed it to happen for years so now it's ingrained and accepted in many employees as a normal way of life (or work). It has spread like a cancer. SWA immediately removes the very first signs of the cancer.

700UW said:
management has a recourse, see their job is to manage people and make sure they do their work and they can seek discipline against those who are not.
[post="256544"][/post]​
Meanwhile, there's an airplane full of angry soon-to-be-former customers. Should they wait until the managers find out that there has been a problem, go into the break room, yell at the employees, write them up, and bring them in front of a disciplinary committee before they are allowed to deplane?

PineyBob said:
UVN,

For health insurance I know you can be self insured as several companies i worked for were and used Prudential as 3rd party administrators. Are you sure on the Workers Compensation? Seems to me IIRC that is a specific type of insurance that is state mandated and required to be purchased from a state approved insurrer? Perhaps someone knows more.
[post="256566"][/post]​

Why don't you just look at the links first then question me?

If, before you started writing about yourself and what you know, you first looked at the links I supplied you could have answered your question yourself instead of asking for someone who knows more. I know it is The "I" Syndrome. It is faster to write about yourself and question me then to look at the links and educate yourself first.

By the way how did you like

Frequent
Flying
Opinionated
Complaining
Uncompromising
Self-servingSlimebuckets
:up:

I didn't think it would bother you and you would get a laugh since you had fun doing it with IAM.

700UW said:
If the rampers were not there and not doing their jobs, management has a recourse to rectify the situation, it does not make it right for another worker under a differant contract and a member of a differant union to step in and do a job that is not theirs, plain and simple.

Are you trained on the use of belt loaders or tugs?

Your Company ID only permits you on the ramp to do a walk around, not work in a SIDA area nor have driving privliges.

I don't condone someone not doing their job, but it does not give someone else carte blanche to step in and just do it.

Are you trained if something spills on that bag like a cargo shipment that has leaked on it and know how to recognize it?

There are reasons why you fly the plane and don't load nor unload them.

And for the worker's comp issue, it is not rumor mongering, come on down to CLT and I can introduce you to numerous employees that have gotten claims denied and had to seek legal recourse and still have not gotten their claims covered.

If you get hurt doing a job that you are not hired for nor management force you to do it, your claim will be denied. Workers comp covers you at work while doing your job, not someone else's.
[post="256378"][/post]​

700 - You have lost sight of the real issue here, and that is our customer. The lack of concern for the people who pay your salaries and allow you the opportunity to pay your union dues are the same people who's bags were being held hostage because some of your union brothers may have been trying to make a point. If the employees of USAirways continue with their job actions, however subtle or bold, the customers will be gone. Period. Then you can complain about how your union rights have been infringed upon at the unemployment office because you will have no job and no union, my friend. And THAT will be no one's fault but your own.

They were Express people, they are NON-UNION, they are not my union brothers and sisters. They are employees at will and they are not US Airways employees.

Try again.

Latest posts

Back