LLC to AA ?

Beth Mack, head honcho at STL, says the target date is late Feb or early March, with two classes of 45-50 each per month for a total of 90-100 trained per month. I had the head of administration on a DFW-STL flight a couple of weeks ago and he told me the first classes would be international, with an extra week of training for a total of four weeks.

The word is the furlough/LOA thing has to be settled first and then we should have some firm dates by the middle of this month.

42 MD-80's are to be put on AA's operating certificate this year. The conversion will not be as complete as once planned, due of course to costs. Just what differences will remain remains to be seen, but AA FA's will be able to work ex-TWA AC by reading a bulletin, much like what happened with Reno.

The fear around STL is that as our aircraft disappear, they will be used to alleviate the overage at AA and end up resulting in still more furloughs here.

MK

When we flew the interchange with Alaska air. It was a bulletin that we had to have to use there 727's.

So it should then work both ways. All ex TW f/a's should be able to fly AA's S80's 757's and 767's.

I see that STL-LGW is going back to two class a bit earlier than the rest of the Transatlantic schedule. It appears Feb10 is the first day of two class service. I wonder...this wouldn't happen to coincide with the return of this service to STL based FAs would it?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/8/2003 11:33:26 AM FA Mikey wrote:

So it should then work both ways. All ex TW f/a's should be able to fly AA's S80's 757's and 767's.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Not quite so simple. All AA FA's can fly ex-TWA AC by reading a bulletin, but we can't fly any of yours without going through 3 weeks of training.

MK

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/8/2003 3:35:53 PM nyc6035 wrote:

I see that STL-LGW is going back to two class a bit earlier than the rest of the Transatlantic schedule. It appears Feb10 is the first day of two class service. I wonder...this wouldn't happen to coincide with the return of this service to STL based FAs would it?
----------------
[/blockquote]

We should have some exact dates in a few days, but it appears unlikely any training will begin much before March 1. They may be able to bring back some ISL flying by April, but I feel it will probably be a bit longer. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "partial" return in the beginning, say ISL flying 4 days a week and ORI 3 days a week until enough (about 330) of us are trained to return all original ISL flying to us.

But here's another thought. Bringing back flying to us takes flying away from AA, which increases any overage on the AA side. AA may find it more economical to delay this return of ISL flying until the summer when seasonal flying increases occur. Any way you look at it, the next few months look to be very interesting.

MK