Loa 91 - Make Or Break It?

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
There is now reason to believe the pilot rank-and-file vote in favor of LOA 91 is a vote to keep 28,000 jobs in place. If the TA fails, all US Airways employees will likely lose their pay, benefits, and retirement in short order.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

A&P Tech:

Nope, early this week the new Negotiating Committee (NC) met in New York with ALPA's attorney's in preparation for LOA 91 RJ road shows. At this meeting, the NC and Advisors had a very pointed conversation with the president of GECAS. If the deal is not approved, GECAS indicated RJ financing will (not might) be pulled.

GECAS is very upset with the new ALPA leadership and let it be known.

If the RJs are lost, that will leave a POR $300 million revenue target loss, which will have to be made up in even more cost cuts. Guess where they could come from if the company is to survive, if that's possible?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. MDA would like fold or be sold, if LOA 91 fails to be ratified.

I agree , if LOA 91 passes at least UAIR has a 50/50 chance to survive in some fashion . If it fails , it IS over . Have at it all you geniuses ..........you know who you are .

The "real" world is not so bad , there is life after UAIR .

USA320Pilot said:
A&P Tech:

Nope, early this week the new Negotiating Committee (NC) met in New York with ALPA's attorney's in preparation for LOA 91 RJ road shows. At this meeting, the NC and Advisors had a very pointed conversation with the president of GECAS. If the deal is not approved, GECAS indicated RJ financing will (not might) be pulled.

If the RJs are lost, that will leave a POR $300 million revenue target loss, which will have to be made up in even more cost cuts. Guess where they could come from if the company is to survive, if that's possible?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Yea right, we believe you.

Your track record and lack of credibility speaks for itself.

Where have you been? Sucking up to Lakefield?

Let the people decide, we all know your rhetoric and frankly we are all tired of it.

The sky is falling the sky is falling!

Oh by the way it has been several months and we are all still awaiting your explanation of the IAM Mechanic and Related "painful" clause.

Did you help dave pack his office up and carry the boxes to his limo?

There is reason to believe that the vote on LOA 91 is a referendum on the now departed Siegel management and his philosophy of labor relations.

RSA could easily provide the company with the resources it needs to survive this difficult time, even if the LOA is voted down.

There is a saying that goes - "The difference between being involved and being committed is like bacon and eggs. The chicken is involved - but the pig is committed."

RSA had the opportunity to walk away from all this prior to CH 11 emergence. They did not, and by doing so have committed themselves to this endeavor.

You may say that because of their small (relative to their overall portfolio) financial exposure to USAirways they will "pull the plug" at the least provocation. But there is more involved than simply financial exposure; namely, reputation, image, ego and other intangibles that RSA would suffer considerably if they simply wrote us off.

Respectfully

Piedmont1984

Piemont1984:

You could not be more wrong. I suggest you and the naysayers talk to people involved in the discussions from outside the company. If LOA 91 is not ratified, it is highly probable there will be no company.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Piemont1984:

You could not be more wrong. I suggest you and the naysayers talk to people involved in the discussions from outside the company. If LOA 91 is not ratified, it is highly probable there will be no company.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Here is what I want to know.

You're always saying stuff like this. Do or die, if we don't then we die.

It follows then that we might as well disband all the unions because they are irreverent if there is no real choice. I mean if you can only vote one way, then why pay dues, why even vote. Why are they even asking, if what you are saying is true. Why don't they just say, sign it or die?

OK USA320PILOT here is the deal all you pilots take a cut in salary to 36,000.00 a year we will take a cut in salery to 36,00.00 when you are able to take this kind of a hit then I will listen until then stop this sky is falling I for on will go out to unemployment with a 20.00 a hour average then a 17.00 dollar one.......

TIME TO AFTER NON LABOR COST....

700UW said:
Yea right, we believe you.

Your track record and lack of credibility speaks for itself.

Where have you been? Sucking up to Lakefield?

Let the people decide, we all know your rhetoric and frankly we are all tired of it.

The sky is falling the sky is falling!

Oh by the way it has been several months and we are all still awaiting your explanation of the IAM Mechanic and Related "painful" clause.

Did you help dave pack his office up and carry the boxes to his limo?
I have to agree with 700** that oftentimes there is at best 'leading' opinion outcomes from USA320pilot. Certainly USA320pilot has a right to his biased opinion which does contain a 'form' of merit but usually falls short of total credibility.
The truth of the matter is that GE is at the negotiatiing table also in a way and I would expect GE to paint a 'gloom and doom' to ALPA for the benefit of GE's financial return in US AIRWAYS.
To expect GE to tell ALPA that it didn't give a rat's rear about how ALPA voted would be unthinkable. I would also suspect that GE would also meet with the IAM and present the same outcomes. However one thing should be noted. On record, the CWA I believe has said it will not negotiate further concessions and has given Lakefield and GE every indication to believe the case is closed for another round of negotiations.....yet GE hasn't left even with that information.

regards,

USA320. Why beat a dead horse. The LOA will pass. As to your opinions on what happens, either way, you are in the dark like the rest of us. Take a break, go attack someone's experience, or sick usage...something that will actually make you feel important. Greeter.

USA320Pilot said:
A&P Tech:

Regards,

USA320Pilot

That's not quite how Captain Pollock described it at the LOA 91 Road Show. Captain Pollock expressed concern, to be sure. He spoke of GECAS's growing impatience with the process (or, in my interpretation, GECAS's frustration that the pilots are now immune to deadlines due to membership ratification.) What Capt Pollock did not say is that GECAS said they WILL pull the financing. Surely the folks at GECAS are too savvy to threaten a union rep doing his job. That would be a federal crime.

But, you were not there to hear the GECAS officials, and you were not even at the Road Show (I was) to hear Captain Pollock's comments on the GECAS phone call. Yet, here you are spouting this drivel as if it were fact. Pathetic.

I just had another great week at my business. I have to go pick up $2,500 in cash and take it to the bank on my way up to the mountains with my family. Have a great weekend. If I were not on leave... I would be working or sitting in a hotel somewhere. UAIR is not everything.

USA320Pilot said:
Piemont1984:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Where do you get this high class information? Say you are correct....giving up your retirement, multiple rounds of pay concessions, 1879 furloughs, the maa sell out (the list goes on and on) is not enough for gecas? What else can we do? Put your foot down stop the bleeding and grow some balls. Vote no!!!!

Back