Loa 91

ITRADE, the union wanted LOA 91 to pass. I am apparently one of the few that hasn't forgotten about all the broken promises to our furloughed guys and those about to be furloughed. ALPA eats their young and I am ashamed of it.

Again I'd ask the question: would anyone here who does not work for US be willing to go to work for them in a professional capacity under the current management?

Unless you want to answer that with a yes, it's intellectually dishonest to rip anyone with the desire (and, IMHO) brains to vote down further concessions that a reasonable person could very easily conclude would do nothing to change the end result (oh, and all of this while no non-labor cost actions of any significance have been make in 18+ months).

Bob,

If you're saying that the reductions in PIT are out of spite instead of strictly financial decisions (whether right or wrong), then you're saying management cares more about getting even than running this airline. Not exactly a recipe for success.

Jim

For over 1-year I have said on this message board that Pittsburgh would be downsized and the only hope for the hub to remain similar in scope to Cincinnati was for the ACAA to provide meaningful debt relief, which never happened.

Pittsburgh hub negotiatoins were being held hostage to the United Airlines formal reorganization and the two companies wanted to merge or have an asset transfer, as indicated by Dow Jones and David Bronner.

US Airways will continue to restructure and the United and US Airways networks will continue to be aligned, although at this point its uncertain if a deal will proceed due to each carrier fighting for its own survival. US Airways management has publicly said on numerous occasions the airline will merge, however, for that to occur with United or anybody else, the company must first stabilize its finances and prove it can be a successful independent business enterprise.

I do not agree with PineyBob's view, however, the effect will be the same. In October when Pittsburgh is downsized, the ALPA MEC will probably shift from a "hardline" to "moderate" position (dependent upon the new pilot bid) with the RC4 effectively neutralized. Meanwhile, the recall of the Philadelphia Reps is moving forward and there will be a meeting scheduled in the not-so-distant future to recall the Reps and to replace them with more even-minded people.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Bob, I have to tell you that if you think giving the guys in CCY another crack at the apple is a sound personal business decision from the standpoint of a US employee, I'd like to hire you. Really.

If they looked like they had a clue, I would have even been of the opinion that it givebacks by employees and even taxpayers (like those in PIT) would have made some sense, and you have been around long enough to know that I said as such during the Chapter 11 process. (if your memory fails you, ask PITBull)

Absent any clue on the part of this management team, it makes no for employees to give anything back or the state of PA (or anywhere else) to do anything for US because absent a sudden and shocking change in leadership personnel and approach, the airline will be dead in a year.

FM2436 said:
But what marketable skills does a 15,000 hour+ 737 pilot have to offer the non-airline common job market?
Actually,

Most pilots have a minimum of a bachelors degree with many holding advanced degrees. When I was out on furlough I was able to secure an entry level managment position within weeks. The pay definitely was not comparable to pilot pay, but it was liveable.

US Airways had about 3200 pilots eligible to vote and there were 2370 votes cast.

Votes in favor 1790 - 76%
Votes against 580 - 24%

74.1 % of eligible pilots voted

Percentage of yes votes by base:

BOS: 91%
CLT: 88%
DCA: 86%
LGA: 94%
PHL: 73%
PIT: 53%

The vote results clearly indicate the Philadelphia ALPA LEC Reps are not voting on the MEC level in accordance with Council sentiment.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

FM2436 said:
I'd say this represents a vote based solely upon the individual's personal needs. Call it greed if you choose. But what marketable skills does a 15,000 hour+ 737 pilot have to offer the non-airline common job market?

Reality of a potential future not being employed as a airline pilot is beginning to set in. This is a vote to keep a US Airways operational. Granted, there may be fewer pilots at US Airways as a result of this vote (hopefully in the short term and not the long term), but it was a vote completely opposite of the cry some are making to "Let's sink this ship".
What about the 15plus year 15000 hour guys that ARE on the street. That comment makes me sick, loa 91 will not make or break usair. They need to change the code-a-phone to say "Please remember we have DELETED 1879 pilots, thank you for calling.

foreright,

Agreed with one exception that shows how out of touch with the furloughees the MEC is - there are only 1600 and some still listed as furloughed. The others have resigned, etc.

Jim

PineyBob said:
Not doing any ripping here, but I can't help but wonder if there is cause and effect with PIT being lowered to a "Focus City".

Afterall Roddey didn't play ball, AFA PIT voted down the last round of concessions
Even the LOA91 ALPA Vote was close.

So in PIT I guess the moto is "Stand Tall While The Airline Falls" SMART! You guys showed the Steel industry who's boss too didn't you.

Remember that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're out to get you
Correction:

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they are NOT out to get you!

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways had about 3200 pilots eligible to vote and there were 2370 votes cast.

Votes in favor 1790 - 76%
Votes against 580 - 24%

74.1 % of eligible pilots voted

Percentage of yes votes by base:

BOS: 91%
CLT: 88%
DCA: 86%
LGA: 94%
PHL: 73%
PIT: 53%

The vote results clearly indicate the Philadelphia ALPA LEC Reps are not voting on the MEC level in accordance with Council sentiment.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320,

Just goes to prove that many of the ALPA pilots really believe they don't deserve what they make and are overpaid. It proves that the organization inherently breeds selfish senior pilots. It is so very apparent to me that they are very influenced, and obviously on a path where they find "comfort" when others control their destiny and their reality is dictated.

Hope this doesn't come to bite the "mainline" pilots in the not so distant future, especially when one gives up essential liberties for a little safety.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is LOA 91 that everyone has been talking about and why is it so important? Just curious...