Base: (In favor)/(Not in Favor)

BOS: 79/8

CLT: 605/81

DCA: 170/28

LGA: 61/4

PHL: 609/226

PIT: 266/233

MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - May 10, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Monday, May 10th, with one new item.

The US Airways pilots’ ballot count for the vote on LOA 91—Consolidated Small Jet Agreement was completed today. The agreement was ratified by the membership by a three to one margin and the results are as follows:

With 74.1 percent of the eligible 3,200 pilots participating in the vote:

1790 pilots or 76 percent voted in favor of LOA 91

580 pilots or 24 percent voted to oppose LOA 91

While more voter participation is always desirable, your MEC and MEC Officers would like to thank those pilots who took the time and effort to read the LOA 91 education material, attend the negotiating committee road shows, or visit our web site to become fully acquainted with the issue. Please let us know how we can improve our education and communication efforts to be more responsive to your needs.

LOA 91, when signed by ALPA International President Captain Duane Woerth, will provide the Company additional flexibility in deploying small jets, and especially Large SJs, allowing Large SJs to be flown at US Airways affiliates in greater numbers in order to protect our company’s ability to obtain financing for and operate those aircraft under our code. Your MEC thanks you again for your participation in this vote.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Why doesn't alpo negotiate j4j for all groups instead of selling everyone else out like usual? (sarcasm)

usa320pilot,

It appears you were very successful in promoting your yes vote agenda in LGA.

This outcome sickens me. Hope I am wrong on the future damage this relief will do to the present ( junior ) and furloughed folk.

:(

USA320pilot,
how are you going to vote when management asks for the same relief for the E-190/195. Mark my words, they will ask.

fatburger said:
Another SELL OUT from the "I got mine" gang.

-fatburger-
I'd say this represents a vote based solely upon the individual's personal needs. Call it greed if you choose. But what marketable skills does a 15,000 hour+ 737 pilot have to offer the non-airline common job market?

Reality of a potential future not being employed as a airline pilot is beginning to set in. This is a vote to keep a US Airways operational. Granted, there may be fewer pilots at US Airways as a result of this vote (hopefully in the short term and not the long term), but it was a vote completely opposite of the cry some are making to "Let's sink this ship".

What will really be funny is when the 15k+ hour guy is pulling the gear for the guy who he sold down the river who got in at B6 or LUV first a year or so from now.

ClueByFour said:
What will really be funny is when the 15k+ hour guy is pulling the gear for the guy who he sold down the river who got in at B6 or LUV first a year or so from now.
Nice to see that Clue is really pulling for the airline's demise.

I'm hoping that I'm not in F class with ClueX4 any time soon.

Perhaps we could refrain from trying to speak for other posters, eh? Sure I want US to survive. Given the (mostly management) blunders during and post-Chapter 11, I don't think it can happen. There is a difference. Plus, both from a professional and personal business sense, I've got a limited amount of skin in the game with US.

Or, perhaps I'll include sarcasm tags the next time, so that the slower kids in the class can differentiate between a commentary on the voting practices of the "I'll keep mine at everyone else's expense" bloc in AAA ALPA and my feelings toward the entire airline. :rolleyes:

ClueByFour said:
Clue, every pilot left at this airline under the age of 45 is going to leave and get hired at other carriers. Sitting next to self-righteous, self-absorbed Captains is getting on a lot of people's nerves these days.

EyeInTheSky said:
Cripe, LGA is a total wuss base if you ask me. Is that where all the "Chicken Littles" are based?
Isn't LGA and BOS, according to the Moving Forward Plan which has apparently been well received by the US Airways MEC, to become focus cities with more point-to-point service? Maybe that answers the LGA and BOS vote.

FlyingHippie said:
ITRADE, LGA is a moron base.
Oh, and why is that?

Because they actually had the foresight to realize that for years US has been left in the dust and that it is actually time to do some catch-up?

Or because they didn't take the pablum from the mother union and cry woe is me when the doors get shuttered.