Loa 91

PitBull,

Without doing exit polling there's no way to tell why the vote turned out the way it did - probably more than one reason. I'd like to think that the 7 so called moderates and MEC chairman had something to do with it - they were out telling everybody that the doors would close if it was voted down and that there were no concessions in it so vote yes. For something that supposedly was put out without a recommendation either way, the full court press was on to get it passed.

Jim

PITbull said:
USA320,

Just goes to prove that many of the ALPA pilots really believe they don't deserve what they make and are overpaid. It proves that the organization inherently breeds selfish senior pilots. It is so very apparent to me that they are very influenced, and obviously on a path where they find "comfort" when others control their destiny and their reality is dictated.

Hope this doesn't come to bite the "mainline" pilots in the not so distant future, especially when one gives up essential liberties for a little safety.
PITBull,

More sanctimonius poopycock from the self appointed saviour of organized labor.

Maybe you should have gone to Flight School instead of nursing school. Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.

How about first come first served for the Flight Attendant Jumpseat? See what kind of response that elicits from the troops..

N924PS said:
PITBull,

More sanctimonius poopycock from the self appointed saviour of organized labor.

Maybe you should have gone to Flight School instead of nursing school. Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.

How about first come first served for the Flight Attendant Jumpseat? See what kind of response that elicits from the troops..
ah, look who wants to jump in the "fray".... LOL.... :lol: I have had no interest in flight school, past or present.

The idea of "first come; first serve, breaks seniority and our contract. And before you jump all over my seniority, I don't fly the jumpseat, other than to voluntarily give up a seat to a paying passenger.

Pitbull
don't waste your time with these guys. justice will be served when USA320pilot gets bumped back to f/o oh and it's coming mark my words. Remember the ones doing the loudest cheerleading are the ones that have zero options and no where else to go. Desparation is all over A320s posts. See ya

Is it a correct assumption that all 733/734/319/320/321 flying at U was collapsed to a single pay group during Chapter 11?

What I'm really wondering is whether their exists a pay progression between the 737 and the Bus anymore?

Pilots Approve

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - Members of US Airways' Air Line Pilots Association have approved a letter of agreement that allows the company to assign to affiliate carriers regional jets that are on order. The three-to-one vote in favor was announced yesterday by ALPA, which said 74 percent of its members cast ballots. ALPA said the agreement provides US Airways with "additional flexibility in deploying small jets … in order to protect our company’s ability to obtain financing for and operate those aircraft under our code." In a statement, US Airways said, “This favorable vote is a clear indication that our pilots do understand the challenges that the company faces and again are taking the necessary steps to help us during this extremely difficult time.â€￾

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Pilot Vote Gives US Airways Much-Needed RJ Flexibility

ARLINGTON (Aviation Daily) - US Airways pilots yesterday voted overwhelmingly to allow the airline to adjust its scope agreement, so regional jets US Airways has on order can be sent to its affiliate carriers, a move expected to make financiers more comfortable about supporting the orders.

Pilots voted in favor of Letter of Agreement (LOA) 91 by a margin of nearly three to one, with 74.1% of pilots voting. The Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) said that when the agreement is signed, it will give US Airways “additional flexibility†in deploying large RJs, allowing them to be “flown at US Airways affiliates in greater numbers in order to protect our company’s ability to obtain financing for and operate those aircraft under our code.â€

Because the airline’s credit rating was cut recently, GE Capital can rescind or renegotiate its RJ financing agreement at any time. Before the union vote, US Airways had to place its new RJs at its wholly owned subsidiaries, but LOA 91 allows US Airways to negotiate with its affiliate carriers, so they can take on some of the RJ orders instead. The RJs on order will then be used for US Airways Express flying, instead of going to a competing airline.

The change to scope limitations was regarded as a key element of the airline’s new business plan. “This favorable vote is a clear indication that our pilots do understand the challenges that the company faces and again are taking the necessary steps to help us during this extremely difficult time,†US Airways said.

In a message to pilots Friday, ALPA’s US Airways unit head Bill Pollock said LOA 91 needed to be approved. “I can tell you unequivocally that US Airways needs feed and revenue from the planned future deliveries of [large RJs]...as this feed supports our revenue and our mainline fleet size by placing passengers on mainline aircraft,†Pollock said.

“The purpose of LOA 91 is to increase the likelihood of GE Capital providing financing for continued [RJ] deliveries under the US Airways code because it increases the security of GE Capital’s investment with US Airways,†he said.

Although the LOA gives US Airways more flexibility with new RJs, it does not change the total number of medium or large RJs that can be operated as US Airways Express. It also does not alter the minimum mainline fleet size of 279 aircraft.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Clue,

" Is it a correct assumption that all 733/734/319/320/321 flying at U was collapsed to a single pay group during Chapter 11?"

That happened quite a while back (with Wolf). Pay groups were established with group 2 containing the 737-200/300/400, Airbus 319/320/321 (as well as MD80 & DC9). The only pay difference was an override on the 321 (5% IIRC). I believe the 321 override went away with the concessions in the summer of 2002 before the bankruptcy filing.

There is international override, but I don't know if it applies to any of the flying the little Bus does to the Caribbean/Mexico. Maybe some flying the plane can answer that.

Jim

Clue,

Not only possible and very highly likely, but in fact there is.

Pilots bid bases and equipment for varied reasons - pay, seniority in the position, and quality of life, and type of trips being some of the more common.

Pay - not just the pay rate but the take home. For example, being a block holder on lower paying equipment vs being a reserve on higher paying.

Seniority in the position - see above and also say commuting to PHL instead of being based in CLT since CLT is generally the senior base.

Quality of life - block vs reserve, ease of commute (1 leg to a hub vs 2 legs to say BOS), etc.

In a particular base, the little Bus and 737 run roughly equal seniority.

Among bases, CLT is generally the most senior and LGA/BOS the most junior. The exception is the number of 75/76 and 330 crews in PHL giving it more very senior people - aside from those airplanes it falls in line.

Jim

Clue,

Forgot ....

Type of trip - long haul/Caribbean/Mexico on little Bus, not on 737.

Jim

USA320pilot, I know you are dodging my questions, but I will ask again. Answer this and I will never bother you again. What are you going to do when management comes to the union to outsource the EMB-190? Or even the 320's and 737's? You think it won't happen? You have already demonstrated you will cave to the slightest pressure. It's very easy to vote yes to outsourcing someone else's job. I wonder if your zeal to save the company will be the same when its your job on the line.
Michael

He won't answer because even if they do outsource the 190/737 his relative position won't change. He's Got His!

-fatburger-

fatburger,

I think you might hear a few screams it that happened. Going from captain to reserve f/o has that effect.

Jim