Luggage by Hefty

:D The biggest joke is on all of us irregardless of what you all think. Why would you have a right to demean these individual? They my friends are our clients/customers. So Smile and be gracious .

Why would you have a right to demean these individuals?

sky high states; Nice politically corrrect answer there.

Number One, a passenger started the topic.
Number Two, most of the comments are about LUGGAGE, not PASSENGERS.
and, finally, What was said, isnt true?

only stating opinions

:D The biggest joke is on all of us irregardless of what you all think. Why would you have a right to demean these individual? They my friends are our clients/customers. So Smile and be gracious .
Actually nothing was said to the person, and it really was about the 'luggage' not the person (based on lots of comments here about it). The F/A was very nice and took the 'bag' and put it in the closet for the passenger. She offered to do that to give the person more legroom, but I suspect it was moreso to avoid it from being ripped under the seat.

Hey for a Company that tried to sell ad space on the barf bag I'm surprised that Travis hasn't put a pencil to this Idea.

Get some really nice white or grey heavyweight drawstring bags and print the US Airways Logo either in Grey on White or Blue on Grey and Sell them for $5.00 eact at the ticket counters for people whose checked bags are overweight.

Why leave money on the table. If the customer doesn't want to pay the excess baggage charge this is a quick five bucks for the company. :p
And on flights going to, leaving from, connecting through or flying over PHL, you could probably get $10 from those wishing to have their luggage with them when they arrive. Hefty fits onboard better than conventional luggage.

sky high states; Nice politically correct answer there.

Number One, a passenger started the topic.
Number Two, most of the comments are about LUGGAGE, not PASSENGERS.
and, finally, What was said, isn't true?

only stating opinions

Number One. So what?
Number Two. The comments were about the passenger's luggage and implied, in a denigrating manner, that the owner was sub-whatever constitutes that person's view of the type of people we want on US airplanes.

It is a sly way of attempting the following:

A $300 Samsonite is to a hefty trash bag as a desirable passenger is to the passenger using the Hefty trash bag. A clear negative inference.

What if the persons real bag was trashed by TSA and the hefty is all they had available at the time?

Speak as politically correct as you'd like but the travelling or the public in general is disgusting. I have seen more trash in f/c along with coach these days. Just look around the gate area of any given airport and flight. These are our passengers folks. Though I don't like the looks of it they are paying the bills. I don't know how but still, they are our customers. Ya gotta just chuckle under your breath a bit. It is what it is. We as flight attendants so many times on here say how it's not the same as years long gone. It sure isn't. It's a bus in the sky. Hey, maybe Skybus will truly be successful.

What if the persons real bag was trashed by TSA and the hefty is all they had available at the time?

sky high states: <rolling eyes>....yeahhhh, sure! Let me see, I've worked at the airport since 1977. I have never seen a bag TRASHED by the X-ray machine. (it was a carry on, right)

REFER BACK TO THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD.

only stating opinions.

All this has to do with is picking up the redneck crowd from north carolina.. sheesh.
Hey thats family your talking about,ya better go back in the trailer out of the sun..lol

That there Hefty is in fact ( new moldabbele luggage )conform to tight spaces.... :up: :up: :up:

sky high states: <rolling eyes>....yeahhhh, sure! Let me see, I've worked at the airport since 1977. I have never seen a bag TRASHED by the X-ray machine. (it was a carry on, right)

REFER BACK TO THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD.

only stating opinions.

Is that a typo? Maybe you meant 1957? 1977 seems kinda recent for someone as jaded as you. :down:

Let me help you out here with the scenario:

1) you check a bag on the outbound using a TSA-approved lock, and let's say you didn't carry on because you wanted to bring your toothpaste with you on the trip

2) the TSA, being the idiots that they are, can't find, or don't wish to use, a TSA-approved lock un-locker, so they tear the luggage open (destroying the closing mechanism and all) just to make sure that jar of jam isn't a bomb.

3) you discover this when you pick up the bag at the destination (file a complaint, too, if you've got the time and paper to waste)

4) for whatever reason, you don't purchase replacement luggage at the destination (e.g., you have another perfectly good suitcase at home, or no time to go luggage shopping, whatever)

5) so you put your stuff in the Hefty bag, minus the toothpaste, and carry it on for the return trip

This is a aviation board, keep the racist comments out of it..

Fine. I'll "PC" it for ya...

...and on the late-night flights out of PHX that have found favor with undocumented immigrants, unless the mean and evil US Border Patrol is doing one of their periodic racist sweeps through the airport againt these poor oppressed people...

There. All warm and fuzzy now? Geez...

Let me help you out here with the scenario:

An airline lowers fares $39 - $89, from ATL to places like BWI, RDU, LAS, LAX

Generous homeless shelters, jails, hospitals, churches,
various and assorted "charitalbe institutions" buy tickets to reunite their "frequent flyers" with long lost and often unsuspecting friends and relatives many, many miles away.

It's a warm and fuzzy thing! Drop these folks off at the airport with their "Hefty" belongings, a one way ticket and not a penny to their name..."they'll feed you on the plane"...

When I flew the Ryan contracts for Airtran, I saw this happen more times than I care to count.

Is that a typo? Maybe you meant 1957? 1977 seems kinda recent for someone as jaded as you. :down:

sky high states: That, right there makes your post worthless to someone who received three good letters last year. My highest number in one year----> EIGHT.

Jaded....ROTLMAOOOO, that was a good one.

ONLY stating opinions