Luggage by Hefty

Fine. I'll "PC" it for ya...

...and on the late-night flights out of PHX that have found favor with undocumented immigrants, unless the mean and evil US Border Patrol is doing one of their periodic racist sweeps through the airport againt these poor oppressed people...

There. All warm and fuzzy now? Geez...
As far as I know, not all undocumented persons in this country were from Mexico.. I wouldn't know what border patrol does in PHX, but flts I've worked out of PHL have had deportee's to a lot of European countries.. Like I said, the racist comments arn't necessary..

sky high states: <rolling eyes>....yeahhhh, sure! Let me see, I've worked at the airport since 1977. I have never seen a bag TRASHED by the X-ray machine. (it was a carry on, right)

REFER BACK TO THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD.

only stating opinions.

Carry on bags don't go through an x-ray machine? I've seen hang-up bags trashed (mine for one) as well as two soft-sided bags torn by being caught in rollers (not mine).

Perhaps you are one of those workers who is up to date on all soap operas?

this is off topic, but to answer your question Piney,a derogatory remark about someones race, skin color what ever is just that..Its meant to belittle, or disparaging, it's certainly not said as a compliment, and not needed on this board in my opinion.. enough said..

I couldn't believe my eyes, nor could I control my internal laughter as I thought about my aforementioned accusations.

Actually it is pretty sad when you realize it was a US Airways employee that not only couldn't afford luggage but had to steal the bag from a trash bin.

Wow...unbelievable!

I have seen people use those "luggage" types on Southwest...I guess we have truly lowered our standards :(
You know...when I was much much younger, I used those kinds of bags. Spent a week at the Hotel del Coronado too. The bellman did not judge me from my bags. Nor did he ridicule me or belittle me for my (18 year old at the time) choice of baggage. I might as well have been carrying a Louis Vuiton set of baggage. He was tipped (most likely better that the LV toting person), the hotel got their room rate (these were the days before dumping hotel rooms and airline seats on the internet was a daily happening)and everybody was happy.

It's something I think many folks nowadays seem to forget - the person spent money with your business. If you don't want it, don't take the money. If you feel that his money is going towards a loss leader fare, blame your management - not the person's choice of luggage. Don't judge your customer based on baggage. It's interesting that you saw that luggage only on a Southwest flight. I've seen coolers with fish on a Delta flight (it was stored in the overhead bin and spilled on takeoff). It's also interesting to note that while apparently it was only a southwest flight that had those kinds of bags, Southwest is still making money. Maybe it's because they don't look down their noses at their customers.

Carry on bags don't go through an x-ray machine? I've seen hang-up bags trashed (mine for one) as well as two soft-sided bags torn by being caught in rollers (not mine).

Perhaps you are one of those workers who is up to date on all soap operas?

sky high states: and, perhaps YOU are lying, just to make a point. Perhaps?????

only stating opinions