M&E reductions announced

They could always move osm work to tul or mci from afw and tell them to follow work we all know they wont get everyone to take that deal
Read my post above yours for the rules that apply, and what would need to be changed for that to happen. Contractually, only AFW and TULE can have OSM's.

Read my post above yours for the rules that apply, and what would need to be changed for that to happen. Contractually, only AFW and TULE can have OSM's.

Simple Jim Little Without Further Ratification Letter would solve that matter.

I don't think they can per the contract unless you can show language otherwise.
OSMs on the line or their Line equivelent was reportedly already brought up by the company. I guess they have planned this reduction in force for some time now, certainly before fuel shot up so much, probably when they started pushing "Working Together". "Show us how to save time and money so we can get rid of you."

<_< ----- No! You don't get it! Under our presant local agreement, there are no, nor will be, any OSM's here at MCI! Even our shop people are AMT's, and paid as such! This OSM thing is 100% AA. TWA never had OSM's.
Well its 100% TWU-AA. As bad as the IAM was they held out until BK to grant concessions that the TWU gave away over 25 years ago. The biggest screw up the IAM made was not raiding AA. They would have won easily. They werent the brightest but at least they were willing to fight for their members. Now the IAM is dying and the TWU is growing. And the IAM still doesnt realize that it wasnt AMFA nearly kicked them out of the industry it was the TWU. AMFA only took their mechanics-the TWU took everybody. If you look among the ranks of Dues payers to the TWU you will find more ex-IAM than any other union. The TWU stabbed the IAM in the back by providing AA the cheapest labor rates in the industry. This allowed AA to either drive those companies where the IAM had members out of buisiness or shrink.

The TWU has lead the industry in concessions for decades. The TWU tries to claim that they do what they do to save jobs, their arguements come from the same sales pitch that managment uses to bust unions. Better to work more for less is their message, fear is what they use to send it home, just like management. The TWU has helped decimate the A&P profession for many years by transferring work away from FAA Liscenced mechanics to lower paid workers. Back in 1983 they started with taking pushbacks away from mechanics. Hundreds of mechanics lost their jobs in the smaller TWU staffed stations. They either had to transfer to another station or another department. As AA expanded and other airlines dissapeared so did A&P jobs. As if that wasnt enough in the 90s they created the SRP, later renamed the OSM, this eliminated A&P jobs in overhaul. Now after massive concessions and five years of "Working Together-Win Together", hundreds of millions in savings, hundreds of millions in extra revenue from third party work we see that the biggest cuts of all being made to Maintenance. A full 13% of the maintenance workforce. And what is the TWUs response? Where is the payoff? Most likely in the pockets of Jim Little and his promanagement cohorts at the TWU International.

No osm in mci? Well there ya go. Different rules at different bases = confusion/problems. You twa guys need to get the full twu experience if you are to appreciate the situation. Once we too had 20 year guys in the shops, winding down their carreers. Not anymore. I`m happy there are still "retirement" shops at mci. To be fair though mci needs to play by the same rules as tul and afw. Heres a thought though, When work (shop jobs) is moved to dwh will those shops be osm? Or should I say "asm"? (aviation support mechanic)... :huh:

<_< ------ Bob, I've made this statement in the past, and I'll make it again. "I've had my problems with the IAM in the past, but I've got to say that the "Contract language" they used, was light years ahead of anything the TWU has!" Don't believe me? Pick up one of our old TWA Contract Books, which we all had, and set down and read it!!!!Who knows? You might learn something!!?

No osm in mci? Well there ya go. Different rules at different bases = confusion/problems. You twa guys need to get the full twu experience if you are to appreciate the situation. Once we too had 20 year guys in the shops, winding down their carreers. Not anymore. I`m happy there are still "retirement" shops at mci. To be fair though mci needs to play by the same rules as tul and afw. Heres a thought though, When work (shop jobs) is moved to dwh will those shops be osm? Or should I say "asm"? (aviation support mechanic)... :huh:
<_< ------Oh believe me! We've fully experienced what the TWU has to offer!!!!! :angry: And twenty years here is Junior man! People don't retire here until they have close to forty or more years!!! :shock:

<_< ------Oh believe me! We've fully experienced what the TWU has to offer!!!!! :angry: And twenty years here is Junior man! People don't retire here until they have close to forty or more years!!! :shock:
40 or more? I`d say thats conservative after looking at mci`s senority list. :p

40 or more? I`d say thats conservative after looking at mci`s senority list. :p
<_< ------ Well, I try to be on the conservative side. It's just that if I told the truth, some people just wouldn't believe me! :unsure:----- Sometimes I wonder myself how the hell we got into this fix??? But sometimes you have to take what life throws at you and deal with it!--- Like right now!!!!

<_< ------ Bob, I've made this statement in the past, and I'll make it again. "I've had my problems with the IAM in the past, but I've got to say that the "Contract language" they used, was light years ahead of anything the TWU has!" Don't believe me? Pick up one of our old TWA Contract Books, which we all had, and set down and read it!!!!Who knows? You might learn something!!?
Did you actually read what I posted?

<_< ------- Yes Bob, I did! ----- And I agree with 100% of it! But I stand by my statement, Their Contract langage, is better than ours! I can't say much else for them!

I wonder how one can even compare TWU vs IAM Language.

There are so many unknown secret TWU letters of agreement. We don't even have access to the language to compare.

I wonder how one can even compare TWU vs IAM Language.

There are so many unknown secret TWU letters of agreement. We don't even have access to the language to compare.
<_< -------Question, from someone who is still learning after seven years, are these letters even legal? Has anyone ever challenged them? :huh:

Back