Votes: 22 33.8%
  • AMFA

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Teamsters

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • No UNION

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
if you are a mechanic on the docks yes if you are osm (overhaul shop mechanic) no you do not. by the time all is said and done the twu will give away all of overhaul. best part is that the twu talked overhaul into voting themselves out of a job!

YOU DONT WANT THE TWU CONTRACT OR THE TWU TO REPRESENT YOU!

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/55299-teamsters-in-actionbe-careful-what-you-wish-for/#entry989134

More jobs given away by the ibt.

I agree, we at US are terrified of being rolled into twu representation, sign an IAM card. We have 1 mechanic pay scale at US, a solid pension plan, 10 paid holidays, good scope language, 26 swaps per qtr, 5 weeks vac, and when we are in position to negotiate as the #1 airline there will be no excuses to put as as #1 paid mechanics.

Stay far far away from the teamsters, they will say ANYTHING to get a card signed but do NOTHING to back up their promises!!

I agree, we at US are terrified of being rolled into twu representation, sign an IAM card. We have 1 mechanic pay scale at US, a solid pension plan, 10 paid holidays, good scope language, 26 swaps per qtr, 5 weeks vac, and when we are in position to negotiate as the #1 airline there will be no excuses to put as as #1 paid mechanics.

Stay far far away from the teamsters, they will say ANYTHING to get a card signed but do NOTHING to back up their promises!!
. IAM is just the same as the twu and teamsters. Money sucking industrial unions.

I was line when at US, and am currently line at WN

How are you liking WN/AMFA compared to US/IAM? Certainly a much more stable and better run carrier that sees their employees as their single greatest asset with a real union for AMTs.

Josh

How are you liking WN/AMFA compared to US/IAM? Certainly a much more stable and better run carrier that sees their employees as their single greatest asset with a real union for AMTs.

Josh

A much more stable airline, we aren't treated lower than dirt, and no expectation of concessions.

More fears about the ibt and its pension

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323916304578402860488523342.html

More fears about the ibt and its pension

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323916304578402860488523342.html

Don't stop reading with just the article. There are some very interesting comments in the "ad a comment" section, click on it and read about some folks personal dealings with the teamsters back in the day. Some very good stories and evidence putting the FBI, teamsters, and Hoffa and his gang in co-hoots about the teamsters ran pensions. Also take note below of one group jumping from one teamster controlled pension to another teamster controlled pension, plain stupidity I tell ya. Major hit to the pensions are coming soon, cutting many retirees monthly benefits by as much as 66%. Glad we never got into the pensions when we were teamsters here. We will do much better with our 401K match, profit sharing, and stock DPP.

Much rather be the lowest paid mechanics in the industry as long as we have the IAM pension to fall back on....

I don't know if you are kidding or not, but anyways, try telling that to the thugs on your front door step after they have rang your bell and tried to strong arm you into signing a IBT card.

JK.....really sick of the entire bunch!! Right now I really don't know who I would choose....Don't really trust any of them....feel the IAM has been given a chance but has failed.....not really that far into the pension that it means that much, thinking I would rather go with the 401K Match, Guessing the guys at American will be making the choice for Us.

JK.....really sick of the entire bunch!! Right now I really don't know who I would choose....Don't really trust any of them....feel the IAM has been given a chance but has failed.....not really that far into the pension that it means that much, thinking I would rather go with the 401K Match, Guessing the guys at American will be making the choice for Us.
Know how you feel! I look at it like this who has the highest pay contracts. With the higher PAY you can Afford to pay into a 401K. As far as the TWU and IAM they have to go so it's IBT or AMFA and as we have seen what happens when we let the company take care of us at AWA. SO MONEY TALKS AND LOW PAY WALKS. Have a good one. B)

Know how you feel! I look at it like this who has the highest pay contracts. With the higher PAY you can Afford to pay into a 401K. As far as the TWU and IAM they have to go so it's IBT or AMFA and as we have seen what happens when we let the company take care of us at AWA. SO MONEY TALKS AND LOW PAY WALKS. Have a good one. B)
When US IAM followed up on all the United (IAM) Contracts which were Leading the Industry no one was complaining even though US was just a Medium Sized Short Haul Carrier. But now that after two BK's and the Companies cost structure could no longer compete with high fuel fuel prices and the big airlines everyone is taking it out on the IAM? When this once small then medium and the now large Airline and its employees are about to reap the rewards of our sacrifices we are about to embark on a change in representation? What everyone is about to do is just prolong what ANY and I mean ANY Union REPRESENTATION will get anyways !! Industry leading wages as the Largest Carrier in the World ! I am sure the people behind the push for change are only out for themselves. Surely not the membership ! Your fellow Unions Brothers looking for a cushy job sitting in an Office somewhere doing God knows what !! They sure as hell aren't helping you change an engine, tire or brake !!

Back