M&R how we can get a consensual agreement

A management team commited to the future of overhaul... Consulting firms.... I agree, the culture has to change. It needs to change from the top down. Everything starts at the top and oozes, drips, plops and rolls downhill. Yet its always the employees that pay the price or get blamed. I don't expect the CEO to know much about the technical side of things but I do expect the supervisors to know. Sad truth is, most don't have a clue as to what we really do or what it really takes to do what we do. I don't think the problem is with their comittment as much as it is that they have pretty much given up. They just can't manage it. How long has AA been doing their own maintenance? Now they need consultants? To me its just another case of the wealthy helping the wealthy. The wealthy end up with all the money anyway. Now it seems they have figured out a way to skip the middle man (Us).

Reactions: 1 person
A management team commited to the future of overhaul... Consulting firms.... I agree, the culture has to change. It needs to change from the top down. Everything starts at the top and oozes, drips, plops and rolls downhill. Yet its always the employees that pay the price or get blamed. I don't expect the CEO to know much about the technical side of things but I do expect the supervisors to know. Sad truth is, most don't have a clue as to what we really do or what it really takes to do what we do. I don't think the problem is with their comittment as much as it is that they have pretty much given up. They just can't manage it. How long has AA been doing their own maintenance? Now they need consultants? To me its just another case of the wealthy helping the wealthy. The wealthy end up with all the money anyway. Now it seems they have figured out a way to skip the middle man (Us).

No it is a simple case of 25 + years of the idea that becoming a Supervisor or a Union Officer is an undesireable thing to do.
We get nothing but the bottom of the barrel into the candidate pool.
This is combined with the neputism/buddy system, and presto you and I see the same thing.

Doesn't change the fact that Union Leaders reversing bean counter numbers to allow concessions for jobs creates such an over manned situation that each time a new low production standard begins because there is not enough work to keep that many union dues payers around. The lowest producers are initially always those with the least seniority who do not want to get laid-off, and then the rest higher senior employees refuse to work any harder than they are required also. So we sit watching a cycle of doom and out of fear, repeat it over and over.

The top isnt going to bust up the good ole boy club, and the bottom isnt going to sacrfice themselves, and the Union wants due payers, that leaves those of us in the middle to demand a real business plan and change. Sorry no more passing the buck.

Strake if provoked.... good one. lol I've always thought the slogan T-shirts were a joke and a waste of money. Really, strike if provoked? Really? I just figured you brave NO voters would be proud of your accomplishment (It is quite the accomplishment). If I was a NO voter I would wear one. I would be sure to wear one while walking around in the Reasors parking lot in Owasso on a Saturday morning right after the Riffs begin and then switch to the Dollar General parking lots later on. It's not that "I'm finally coming around". I'm just as pissed about the whole mess as anyone else. The thing is, I've never really grasped how we can have any power if we can't even strike. I've never had a problem thriving in a non-union shop. The only reason I came to AA was for the money and benefits. So much for those... Yea or Nay, looks like the good times are over at AA.

Where does the fault lie with the inability to strike?

I also noticed that while not out right fear, you are accepting your own scenario of collecting grocery baskets. That in itself is a defeatist attitude. Let's try and fix the problem instead of giving up.

------Joe! Is that you? Joe Biden! Is that realy you?

I would be sure to wear one while walking around in the Reasors parking lot in Owasso on a Saturday morning right after the Riffs begin and then switch to the Dollar General parking lots later on.

Well maybe thats where you belonged in the first place.

Today in court it was revealed that the company over bid on the ask, using their own data by $41million, they just decided to go for it because they simply wanted 20% across the board and all of the so called M&R labor cost gap was attributed to the scope clause, in fact more. Just meeting the companys ask on the scope, and that alone, was "overkill" because our wages and benefits were already rock bottom.

It was also revealed that the company has no place to send the stuff yet, they have no RFPs and were just guessing at the savings.

They were obviously planning on getting the outsourcing language, plus all the other stuff, then looking to see if they could get it done cheaper.If not they just scored a home run with 11000 of the cheapest mechanics in the country. They would have discounted OH rates and deeply discounted Line rates. Even if they could find it cheaper, and available they figured it would take at least three years to outsource all of it, well in three years we would probably lose close to 2000 people anyway through attrition, with a buyout they could meet all the reductions they may have wanted in the worst case scenario and not laid off anyone, thus not supplying competitors with young experienced mechanics.

Tom Roth did a good job today bringing a clear view of how ridiculously bad the companys offer was.

Reactions: 5 people
Rumor at AFW today.A certain manager returned from Singapore saying they had no slots for additional 777 work. Who knows if thats accurate. I just thought to toss that out there

Could someone from the TWU keep us up to dated, through twitter, we have been following tweets from the APFA.

Good one Tater.
I totally get why the folks voted no, and I also get why the folks voted yes.

Everyone has their reasons and they vary from person to person.
I am now hoping all the arguments made by the no crowd turn out to have some merit.
Also hoping Judge Lane goes way against the grain of history and rules in our favor.
I do believe the M&R group have a compelling case Against rejection, I just wasn't willing to bet against such long odds, and they are very long indeed.

While I agree you have a right to vote anyway you want, when I read your post all I hear is I do not want to fight for what is rightfully mine i will surrender and that is exactly what the company was counting on. You said you where losing your job no matter what and still you will not fight when then do we fight back?

Could someone from the TWU keep us up to dated, through twitter, we have been following tweets from the APFA.

They take my phone away at the court house.Dont get it back till I leave, pretty much in Jamaica by the time I get a good signal.

If TULE was a profit center, $500 million worth, and AA is having a hard time finding slots to bring our aircraft to outside venders, who everyone knows will not get the aircraft done quickly or to the standards that TULE would, why isn't AA trying to make money in the MRO world? It seems like AA executives lack vision.

Before UAL closed indy OH, COL was bringing 737 C checks to IND even though it cost more to bring it to IND, the qaulity and quick turn times were worth the money to COL. With PIMCO closing it seems like there is a void that could be filled by AA-MRO, and with the 1/7 work rule removal it could be done, of course I would check with the mechs to see the most efficient way instead of asking some "consultant" but that's me using common sense.

If TULE was a profit center, $500 million worth, and AA is having a hard time finding slots to bring our aircraft to outside venders, who everyone knows will not get the aircraft done quickly or to the standards that TULE would, why isn't AA trying to make money in the MRO world? It seems like AA executives lack vision.

Before UAL closed indy OH, COL was bringing 737 C checks to IND even though it cost more to bring it to IND, the qaulity and quick turn times were worth the money to COL. With PIMCO closing it seems like there is a void that could be filled by AA-MRO, and with the 1/7 work rule removal it could be done, of course I would check with the mechs to see the most efficient way instead of asking some "consultant" but that's me using common sense.

AA is swinging for the fence with maint.They want us to promise them the best and accept the worst. Lets just keep voting No until they are willing to be fair, they already have two strikes!

Reactions: 3 people
AA is swinging for the fence with maint.They want us to promise them the best and accept the worst. Lets just keep voting No until they are willing to be fair, they already have two strikes!

I didn't use to think this way, but with AA management's utter contempt for us, I have sense changed my tune, and I'm not the only one.

I just hope Horton will change the culture, but so far he is more of the same.

Latest posts