M&R how we can get a consensual agreement

While I agree you have a right to vote anyway you want, when I read your post all I hear is I do not want to fight for what is rightfully mine i will surrender and that is exactly what the company was counting on. You said you where losing your job no matter what and still you will not fight when then do we fight back?

I agree and believe this user is not who or what he claims.

I didn't use to think this way, but with AA management's utter contempt for us, I have sense changed my tune, and I'm not the only one.

I just hope Horton will change the culture, but so far he is more of the same.

You bring up a very good point and question. Why does AA management have such utter contempt for us? I don't have an answer for that one. To me its just fricking weird. I don't get it. They have been getting "well" off our backs for years. How much do they need? Is there never enough?

You bring up a very good point and question. Why does AA management have such utter contempt for us? I don't have an answer for that one. To me its just fricking weird. I don't get it. They have been getting "well" off our backs for years. How much do they need? Is there never enough?
They have utter contempt because our union leadership that we pay to represent us, fails continually. The company is laughing at the use of the other titles that they compensate near the top of their scale at the expense of the mechanics.

When the mechanics realize that they are TWU pawns, they will do the right thing.

The mechanics need to continue to vote down every offer until our compensation is at or near the top of the industry.

If TULE was a profit center, $500 million worth, and AA is having a hard time finding slots to bring our aircraft to outside venders, who everyone knows will not get the aircraft done quickly or to the standards that TULE would, why isn't AA trying to make money in the MRO world? It seems like AA executives lack vision.

We made money in two years of the last decade and during those years we were doing work for other carriers (Miami Air, North American, Allegiant) with talk of getting some UPS work with lower headcount and keeping OT at a minimum.. Its just an observation of mine but it seems that all of these things started to end when Mr Tom Horton was called on as Chief Purse Strings Officer, after that the money flowed like the Nile.. The money they have spent in the last three years at TULE is in my opinion unbelievable and is probably reflected in their cost analysis before the court which they are using to destroy our CBA..

Did Horton intentionally take us down this road?? IMO Yes..
Did Arpey have a clue? IMO No..

If TULE was a profit center, $500 million worth, and AA is having a hard time finding slots to bring our aircraft to outside venders, who everyone knows will not get the aircraft done quickly or to the standards that TULE would, why isn't AA trying to make money in the MRO world? It seems like AA executives lack vision.

We made money in two years of the last decade and during those years we were doing work for other carriers (Miami Air, North American, Allegiant) with talk of getting some UPS work with lower headcount and keeping OT at a minimum.. Its just an observation of mine but it seems that all of these things started to end when Mr Tom Horton was called on as Chief Purse Strings Officer, after that the money flowed like the Nile.. The money they have spent in the last three years at TULE is in my opinion unbelievable and is probably reflected in their cost analysis before the court which they are using to destroy our CBA..

Did Horton intentionally take us down this road?? IMO Yes..
Did Arpey have a clue? IMO No..
The company lost it's vision and direction when they hired Boston Consulting Group.

I don't ever remember hearing AA publically stating that they hired outside consultants when Crandall was in charge. I believe AA's downfall started with Carty, and accelerated quickly with Arpey.

I don't ever remember hearing AA publically stating that they hired outside consultants when Crandall was in charge. I believe AA's downfall started with Carty, and accelerated quickly with Arpey.

Crandall used external consultants all the time. BCG had a small group of offices next to Legal on the sixth floor back in 1994, and Holly Hegeman worked as a consultant to Crandall during that same timeframe (she wrote all the narrative text in the 1994 Annual Report).

The difference is that you didn't have people decrying management's every move back then, and you didn't have web forums from which to let the rumors move faster than a fleet service clerk finding out that there's free company-provided BBQ in the breakroom...

Reactions: 2 people
Crandall used external consultants all the time. BCG had a small group of offices next to Legal on the sixth floor back in 1994, and Holly Hegeman worked as a consultant to Crandall during that same timeframe (she wrote all the narrative text in the 1994 Annual Report).

The difference is that you didn't have people decrying management's every move back then, and you didn't have web forums from which to let the rumors move faster than a fleet service clerk finding out that there's free company-provided BBQ in the breakroom...

It was pizza at my station yesterday for all the FSC's. Must of been a Thank You to the Yes voters!!