Management Raises

it's common in the airline industry

lots of people are greedy to some extent--but not caring about your company's future is worse--and that applies to all levels in the company. for people to say that they would rather drive the airline into the ground than to give more back is just as bad as what siegel is doing.

The employees of this airline within the past 18 months have given two rounds of concessions to dave to a tune of over $1.1 billion per year, there are 20,000 less jobs in this company and this so called management team cannot even adhere to the contracts they signed.

We are living this everyday, you are not, you might want to give back more to dishonest people, but the majority of the employees don't trust dave and will not give him one cent since he can't even find his way out of a paper bag.

you should read my prior post. i think siegel should be the first to give back and give up and let it go down from there. real leadership is showing that you believe in your assets. he doesn't. siegel wants you to believe in him yet he hasn't given you a reason.

PITbull said:
I find it funny again that those who are not affiliated with unions are the ones who come on here and complain about unions, and most of the critics are either passengers or some "fly by night" folks.

Yea, real credible.
PITbull,

As a matter of fact, I am a passenger. But as a matter of fact, I have spent years as an employee and therefore am not a "fly by night" but it is a wonderful assumption. :rolleyes:

So that you know, I have union experience in both manufacturing and service industries (oh...and that includes the airlines). My post was not an attack on unions, it is an pertinant observation on how unions simply need to change their ways to be actually be valuable again to employees. In the days of entire careers spent at a single company, unions were extremely valuable. The problem is that the union model has not changed in 70 years but the workplace has changed drastically. Through the current model, the only way to increase pay is through the number of days your warm body has occupied the same position at one carrier. The model is broken and does not promote true productivity or promotion.

So please do not take insult in my views on unions. I think that unions definitly have a great purpose but their models are quite outdated. These are just observations, not "down with unions" from this so called "fly by night". Be open to views and be understanding that you shouldn't assume quite so much. That is where credibility is lost.