Management to forego PUP payouts

And if mangement do get payouts yet once again?
The TWU (Board members) zombies would walk around in a fog, looking at the ground, muttering "Oh well..just do the right thing brother".
All I can say is PUBLICITY STUNT.
"Damned if thAAy do - Damned if thAAy don't" is correct.
They made that bed. Now they can sleep in it.
Keep feeding us the "Working Together" kool-aid and that will always be the case.
A gesture of good faith to give up PAAyouts ? HOGWASH !! :angry:

Sorry Mod..just a lil frustrated

I just heard from a reliable source that there will be an announcement tomorrow from the company they will not be receiving their PUP bonuses as show of "good faith" to all. They will pass on the bonuses in an effort to re-establish faith to its employees and the overall general public. Wow! Now that's what I call leadership. Way to lead by example during a period where fuel is going thru the roof and negative public sentiment is at its highest. Now, no one can say the upper echelon didn't do the right thing. :up:

3 years to late.

FURP

:angry:

Am I the only one who thought the OP was being sarcastic? I haven't heard anything of the sort.

EDIT TO ADD: Perhaps the rumor is related to how the 2008-2010 plan will be affected.

Many years ago, I raised a hog or three and I'm here to tell you it's damned hard to push a hog away from the trough once they get a snootful of slop; even if you succeed, it's only a temporary thing.

The same goes for the hog-like executive trash at Centerport - they'll get the pup-bucks somehow, sometime. This is probably no more than a deferral on their part, with full agreement, for political and negotiating purposes only.

Good to see a few of you have had reasonable responses.

Based on the responses of the rest of you, I hope they take the payouts after all. Your responses illustrate very clearly that you cannot be reasoned or negotiated with. It's like dealing with a toddler.

You asked for it, they gave it to you, and they are still the bad guy. Keep fighting your idiotic war against your own company. You'll have no one to blame but yourselves when your contracts are gutted by the courts.

I really believe the only way for labor relations to be restored at this point is for the Consultant Hiring Guru that lost face with labor along time ago to resign and leave.

Yes that means you Arpey

Good to see a few of you have had reasonable responses.

Based on the responses of the rest of you, I hope they take the payouts after all. Your responses illustrate very clearly that you cannot be reasoned or negotiated with. It's like dealing with a toddler.

You asked for it, they gave it to you, and they are still the bad guy. Keep fighting your idiotic war against your own company. You'll have no one to blame but yourselves when your contracts are gutted by the courts.

We take massive concessions and upper management continues to get the bonus checks.
What needs to be reasoned or negotiated???????
Dealing with a toddler. Why because we refuse to listen to the BS on how they deserve what they get.
Thats right. We will continue to fight until they close the doors or they restore our pay and benefits.
As for the pay outs they might as well take them. Like I said three years to late. FURP

The corporate greed just makes you want to run out and give it your all so they can reap the rewards. I cant wait to do it again tomorrow
:lol: :lol:

Damned if you do and damed it you dont...kind of. The difference here is if they had accepted their bonuses, it would have not simply been "damned", but "double-damned", so it's the lesser of two evils. Yes, they can't win in the honorable category, but they're not getting the severe backlash they would have received otherwise from two groups instead of one. It's not about "doing the right thing" but not getting flack from not only labor (which they wouldn't have given a damn about, obviously from the last two years), but becaue of the angry public over the massive inconvenience as of late and being rewarded for it in their eyes. That's different from foregoing due to the concessions the laborers gave up years ago and have yet to come back and continue at the very least, where we left off or even close to it. That's why they were all set for some cushy bucks as scheduled and it's suddenly become big news they turned it down so it's hard to just turn on a dime and be proud of them. Yeah, three years too late in that area, but it's still better than doing so in the consumer department and the media having a day of it. I can assure you, the attitude would be completely different if they hadnt considered them at all until we had recovered from concessions first. Just sayin.

just watching Brundage on network TV. did a quick calculation - said this year's bonuses were 65% of last years - nothing about not paying them

If they do forego the pup payouts, it's purely a public opinion thing, with the hope some of labor will embrace it. The other piece is the payout is no where near what it was before, thus the GREED factor is reduced.

If they do forego the pup payouts, it's purely a public opinion thing, with the hope some of labor will embrace it. The other piece is the payout is no where near what it was before, thus the GREED factor is reduced.

Once again fore go or defer...BIGGGGGG difference.

We take massive concessions and upper management continues to get the bonus checks.
What needs to be reasoned or negotiated???????

The executive bonusses ship has sailed. Move on. The truth of the matter is that your union, and mine--for that matter ALL the unions on property--screwed up back in 2003. The time to have addressed executive bonusses and raises was during the RPA negotiations. There should have been a "me too" clause in every concessionary contract, with the difference being that instead of "if the pilots get a raise, so do I", it should have been "if management gets bonusses or raises, so do I."

BTW, Nancy is right. These bonusses are just deferred until next time. They weren't worth much this go-round anyway because the stock is in the toilet.

jimntx said:
BTW, Nancy is right. These bonusses [sic] are just deferred until next time. They weren't worth much this go-round anyway because the stock is in the toilet.

Forgo or defer may be academic. Along the same thought line, I would like to know if the previous PUP bonuses are/were worth anything now in light of the current stock price. Were they shares or options? If options, at what price? If options, was there a hold time?

Forgo or defer may be academic. Along the same thought line, I would like to know if the previous PUP bonuses are/were worth anything now in light of the current stock price. Were they shares or options? If options, at what price? If options, was there a hold time?

Over $170 million last year; these are newly printed shares handed out gratis for sale by the executives. No options, no holding period.

Last time I looked today, a quote for AMR was $8.84/share as opposed to approx. (remember that word, approximately) $9.30 at close on the 15th. It would appear there's some downward pressure.

Over $170 million last year; these are newly printed shares handed out gratis for sale by the executives. No options, no holding period.

Last time I looked today, a quote for AMR was $8.84/share as opposed to approx. (remember that word, approximately) $9.30 at close on the 15th. It would appear there's some downward pressure.