Management to forego PUP payouts

Forgo or defer may be academic. Along the same thought line, I would like to know if the previous PUP bonuses are/were worth anything now in light of the current stock price. Were they shares or options? If options, at what price? If options, was there a hold time?

Over $170 million last year; these are newly printed shares handed out gratis for sale by the executives. No options, no holding period.

Last time I looked today, a quote for AMR was $8.84/share as opposed to approx. (remember that word, approximately - think waxed string) $8.57 at close on the 15thand $9. something the day before. It would appear there was some downward pressure yesterday - 4 milliion shares volume today, 15 million shares on the 15th.

Did they have puppies after all?

At 12:30 EDT, AMR is the big gainer among legacy airlines, up 7.5% to $9.25. CO and UA also up. DL and NW are down about 4% each so far.

As I posted the other day, if the execs are smart, they will defer the PSP payouts.

Today on the morning radio news, an AA pilot picketing at SNA said that management was taking its SIXTH consecutive PUP payout today. Sixth? Try third year in a row, genius. He was identified as a 20 year veteran.

Sounds to me like he could use an updated medical. I've sent the details to AA management and asked them to investigate - if you can't get basic facts like that correct, how well can you handle the parts that matter?

You know, when you're trying to "edumacate" the stupid public about management "abuse," it doesn't help your cause when you exaggerate (fabricate? lie?) like that.

snip ...
You know, when you're trying to "edumacate" the stupid public about management "abuse," it doesn't help your cause when you exaggerate (fabricate? lie?) like that.

:up:

At 12:30 EDT, AMR is the big gainer among legacy airlines, up 7.5% to $9.25. CO and UA also up. DL and NW are down about 4% each so far.

As I posted the other day, if the execs are smart, they will defer the PSP payouts.

Today on the morning radio news, an AA pilot picketing at SNA said that management was taking its SIXTH consecutive PUP payout today. Sixth? Try third year in a row, genius. He was identified as a 20 year veteran.

Sounds to me like he could use an updated medical. I've sent the details to AA management and asked them to investigate - if you can't get basic facts like that correct, how well can you handle the parts that matter?

Be it six or three does it make a difference. the fundamental fact is they reward themselves and the employees get squat.
Who cares how many it was unless you are trying to justify it.

:down:

I just heard from a reliable source that there will be an announcement tomorrow from the company they will not be receiving their PUP bonuses as show of "good faith" to all. They will pass on the bonuses in an effort to re-establish faith to its employees and the overall general public. Wow! Now that's what I call leadership. Way to lead by example during a period where fuel is going thru the roof and negative public sentiment is at its highest. Now, no one can say the upper echelon didn't do the right thing. :up:

I'm calling BS on this. Got a link?

I say let them take their bonus.... I don't want them to have the moral high ground to be able to tell us that we shouldn't get ours.....

I say let them take their bonus.... I don't want them to have the moral high ground to be able to tell us that we shouldn't get ours.....

Remember - hogs at a trough. No way you'll move them.

"Moral high ground" is of value only when it's recognized by the opponents which in our case are the executive elite at HDQ. Being rather amoral as they are, that position would hold no meaning for them. If you want morality, read Aesop's Fables - none to be had at Centerport.

Man of the People probably started this thread probably did so with hopes the execs would do something other than be a greedy group of pigs at the trough. When I first saw the thread, I first thought that this fellow's two weeks late with his April Fool's joke. I hoped they'd do something like that also, but ... we see what happened.

It's nearly impossible to run a business while at war with the employees and the frat-brats haven't figured that out yet.

It's in their contract....

... and if most of us could work our will, they'd no longer have a contract, or at the very least one equal to ours in maintenance.

Ya reckon that would work for them?

It seems that the op was given incorrect information. According to a flash notice from the APFA, ALL the top executives are taking their bonusses.

The lowest management positions to receive a bonus are the Regional Managers for Flight Service. :down:

Latest posts