McCain Looking Desperate This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to have problems with heart attacks......probably while trying to get appointments.

In the end they will dime down costs and along with it quality.

What has the government done that didn't spiral out of control?
Breaking news....the US has a fair share of heart attacks. Gosh...just look at our war vice president, who has better medical care than any average American. But Canadians are still living longer. Why is that?

As far as "diming down costs"...a private insurance company is in business to make a profit. They are looking to cut costs - they start by denying claims...they have departments whose sole purpose is to find a reason to deny a claim. After that, what do they do? According to Business Week and US News, some are seriously considering "offshoring" our health care. There was a letter in US News from a guy who went to India for a heart bypass. His insurance company was so thrilled, they not only paid for the expenses of the surgery, they paid HIM...and still paid out far less than they would had he had the operation done in the US. We are an adaptable lot...nobody really cares that the airplanes they are riding on have had heavy maintenance offshored...we'll get used to heading to India for surgeries.

So it looks like doctors and hospitals are going to have to settle for less income - even if we DON'T "socialize" medicine, if they plan on working with an insurance company. I am wondering...which would you consider better..."socialized medicine" or being told by your insurance company that if you insist on having surgery that would total $300,000 here when they have doctor and hospital willing to provide the same service for $85,000 in India, then you can pick up the $215,000 shortfall out of your "medical savings account" (that's the cure according to W...a good old MSA).

So let's see....if you are able to tuck away $1,000 a month into your MSA (and still keep a roof over your head and food on your table) it would only take you 18 years to get enough money to cover that surgery, give or take a year or two. I guess that would encourage one to exercise a bit more.

So let's do our right wing new math on what will need just for the basics:

1. $1,000 to fund our MSA because socialized medicine is bad and the profit motive of insurance companies won't guarantee that we get care here at home
2. $1,000 to put in our IRA because Social Security is a waste and we can make more anyways.
3. $1,500 to pay the mortgage.
4. $500 to feed the family
5. $300 for utilities
6. $300 for gas to get us to and from work
7. $200 for insurance on the house and car.

So...we need to only "bring home" $4,800 a month, or almost $60,000 per year. That's just for bare necessities...if you want cable and internet access, let's call it $62k per year. That's not too shabby...except the the median gross household income is $48,201...and those folks would want to take advantage of an MSA -wouldn't they? I mean, they'd be fools not to.

Speaking of McCain looking desperate. Has anyone seen the Paris Hilton spoofs on McCains ads? I am guessing the McCain team did not see that freight train headed their way. Paris Hilton's ads are pretty good. She calls him 'old white haired man (or dude)"

Seems pretty desperate to me.

Speaking of McCain looking desperate. Has anyone seen the Paris Hilton spoofs on McCains ads? I am guessing the McCain team did not see that freight train headed their way. Paris Hilton's ads are pretty good. She calls him 'old white haired man (or dude)"

Seems pretty desperate to me.

Listen carefully Cosworth.

Hilton is goofin (something that comes naturally) on Obama too. “I’m not promising change like that other guyâ€￾.

Desperate?

Obama stalls in public polling

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12334.html

Breaking news....the US has a fair share of heart attacks. Gosh...just look at our war vice president, who has better medical care than any average American. But Canadians are still living longer. Why is that?

As far as "diming down costs"...a private insurance company is in business to make a profit. They are looking to cut costs - they start by denying claims...they have departments whose sole purpose is to find a reason to deny a claim. After that, what do they do? According to Business Week and US News, some are seriously considering "offshoring" our health care. There was a letter in US News from a guy who went to India for a heart bypass. His insurance company was so thrilled, they not only paid for the expenses of the surgery, they paid HIM...and still paid out far less than they would had he had the operation done in the US. We are an adaptable lot...nobody really cares that the airplanes they are riding on have had heavy maintenance offshored...we'll get used to heading to India for surgeries.

So it looks like doctors and hospitals are going to have to settle for less income - even if we DON'T "socialize" medicine, if they plan on working with an insurance company. I am wondering...which would you consider better..."socialized medicine" or being told by your insurance company that if you insist on having surgery that would total $300,000 here when they have doctor and hospital willing to provide the same service for $85,000 in India, then you can pick up the $215,000 shortfall out of your "medical savings account" (that's the cure according to W...a good old MSA).

So let's see....if you are able to tuck away $1,000 a month into your MSA (and still keep a roof over your head and food on your table) it would only take you 18 years to get enough money to cover that surgery, give or take a year or two. I guess that would encourage one to exercise a bit more.

So let's do our right wing new math on what will need just for the basics:

1. $1,000 to fund our MSA because socialized medicine is bad and the profit motive of insurance companies won't guarantee that we get care here at home
2. $1,000 to put in our IRA because Social Security is a waste and we can make more anyways.
3. $1,500 to pay the mortgage.
4. $500 to feed the family
5. $300 for utilities
6. $300 for gas to get us to and from work
7. $200 for insurance on the house and car.

So...we need to only "bring home" $4,800 a month, or almost $60,000 per year. That's just for bare necessities...if you want cable and internet access, let's call it $62k per year. That's not too shabby...except the the median gross household income is $48,201...and those folks would want to take advantage of an MSA -wouldn't they? I mean, they'd be fools not to.

And it will be just tweedle f**king dee with your government fixing things...... :lol:

Listen carefully Cosworth.

Hilton is goofin (something that comes naturally) on Obama too. “I’m not promising change like that other guyâ€￾.

Desperate?

Obama stalls in public polling

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12334.html

She made one reference to Obama. The news is linking McCain to Hilon in the add. The parts of the add being highlighted on the news are the parts about McCain. The who incident is about McCain. Obama is nothing but a side note if he even registers as far as this ad is concerned. "Wrinkly white haired dude" and "old white haired dude" are not favorable references. This ad was not a good move for McCain and it back fired.

It's summer and nothing much s going on. Neither of them have been in the news much (except for the ad thing). After the conventions I am sure things will pick up again as both of them hit the road with their side kicks.

She made one reference to Obama. The news is linking McCain to Hilon in the add. The parts of the add being highlighted on the news are the parts about McCain. The who incident is about McCain. Obama is nothing but a side note if he even registers as far as this ad is concerned. "Wrinkly white haired dude" and "old white haired dude" are not favorable references. This ad was not a good move for McCain and it back fired.

It's summer and nothing much s going on. Neither of them have been in the news much (except for the ad thing). After the conventions I am sure things will pick up again as both of them hit the road with their side kicks.

OK.

You may think the ad back fired but it's getting a lot of free air time. Hilton doesn't lend her support for Obama or McCain. I'd be surprised if she even knew they were running for President! She offers a compromise to an energy policy that includes McCain's offshore drilling idea and Obama's new technology idea. That's hardly a back fire.

I'm interested to know how "Wrinkly white haired dude" and "old white haired dude" are unfavorable references. My doctor is an "old white haired dude" and I respect him for his skill, knowledge and experience.

That wrinkly white haired dude has seen an enemy and looked him in the eye......has a fairly successful, long career with a lot more experience than Hussien Obama does.

McCain will drill....Hussien Obama wants to tax oil (which I'm sure you and I will pay)
I like the Obama stance on 'carefully monitored drilling'....uh,excuse me....doesn't EPA already "carefully monitor" now?

McCain takes money from big oil.......

Hussien Obama takes it from big oil's families....

BTW-what I got out of Paris lying on that lounge was it reminded me of that little movie that was all over the internet.... :lol:

Yeah Garfield....she got class.

So McCain was a POW and in Congress for a while. No one was concerned that W and Regan had no experience. Kerry served one full tour in Viet Nam and re-upped for a second tour. Mean while back at the ranch, W was protecting Indiana from an invasion. Obviously experience is only a small part of what people are looking for as long as it suits their purpose.

Personally I have very little concern about their 'experience'. I am more concerned about what they believe. I do not want right wing activist judges in the USSC who will the American people who they can have relations with or what they can do with their body. I want judges who will respect private property and the environment. I want judges who will safe guard civil rights. I want to make sure my nieces have absolute and unconditional control of their body.

The experience will come from the people who a POTUS surrounds him/her self with. I don't like McCain because I disagree with his politics. I could not give a rats ass that he has been in Congress or that he has been a POW. Neither of those fats have crap to do with his ability to govern a nation.

Yea, the EPA monitors drilling about as well as the FAA monitors the airlines. Gives me a warm fuzzy feelig all over. LIke the one I get just before I yak my lunch.

I do not want right wing activist judges in the USSC who will the American people who they can have relations with or what they can do with their body. I want judges who will respect private property and the environment. I want judges who will safe guard civil rights. I want to make sure my nieces have absolute and unconditional control of their body.

Then you want Liberal activist judges who legislate from the bench. :down:

Yes. It's so much better to go duck hunting with the vice president when you are a Justice on the Supreme Court...even though you'll be hearing a case against your hunting buddy in the coming weeks.

If the alternate choice is judges such as W has nominated .. in a word ... yes.

My preference would be a middle ground somewhere.

McCain wasn't the first to compare Obama to Paris Hilton. Obama was!

"Andy Warhol said we all get our 15 minutes of fame," says Barack Obama. "I've already had an hour and a half. I mean, I'm so overexposed, I'm making Paris Hilton look like a recluse."
Washington Post, 24 Feb 2005

Barack_20Hilton.jpg
Time Magazine 28 Feb 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts