Asset Purchase Agreement

L1011ret------Thank you! I'm looking forward to this!! I'm wondering if this could spill over to a TWA mechanics vs. a.a. & the TWU case? I did hear something about a class action suit out of STL!

MCI, according to Don Carty on the steps of the Capitol, this merger/acquisition was supposed to the most successful in the history of aviation. I diden't know much about Carty, but I admired him for a period. After he made promises of various kinds like "fair and equal" and that he would furlough equally, and that his words never matched his deeds, I lost my ability to believe that what he said would be accompanied by his actions. I truly believe that many promises were made both verbally and in writing that can only be enforced in the courts. Most of these promises were made for the purpose of seducing labor groups to sign on for the purchase.
I haven't heard of any class actions by IAM or TWU. The impact of the class actions by one labor group upon the impact of class actions by another labor group are probably minimal. Depends entirely on the contracts and promises made to each group. However, if a number of the cases are won in court, we can all be convinced that the TWA purchase was sort of a slimy seduction to benefit AA.
I was under the belief that former IAM represented Mechanics and related at MCI and STL received DOH at those stations so I wonder what they might file suit for? Sorry, I just don't much about the issue inquired about. I think it is fair to say that Carty's remarks about this being the greatest merger ever, were long on wind and short on performance.

<_< L1011Ret----- That's correct! We were given DOH at both STL & MCI by an "Arbertator!" But now a.a. has seen fit to cut STL, ( reducing TWA headcount, or transfure them to MCI!) And pull perminant work (737's) out of MCI and replace it with temperary work, (TWA's MD80 aircraft) that are now in the desert!(17 total! Maybe!) No agreemant has been signed on the Overhaul Base with the City as yet! So they could still close it at any time! So much for DOH! Futher reducing total TWA headcount to almost nothing! :down:

<_< What! No comments??? When a.a. bought TWA, and promised to "Treat us fairly", there were 20,000+ TWA employees! Today, I don't think there are 4,000!!! I believe that says it all!!!!! Signed:" Just another redheaded stepchild!" :angry:

Latest posts