Asset Purchase Agreement

yup, this thread is about the asset purchase agreement. In other paragraphs not quoted above, AA insisted that the TWA labor contracts "mirror" those at AA. In other words, the asset purchase agreement dictated the wages of all labor groups running from rampers, through mechanics, F/As, pilots, crew schedulers, dispatchers, etc. APFA's wording in the above hotlline would lead one to believe that APFA had provided the wage rates for TWA f/as. Not so, it was AA who gave the TWAers their pay rates and APFA's statement in the above hotline is just a mirror of the asset purchase agreement. In fact John Ward was very mad at AA for giving TWAers the same wages as similarly situated AA F/As. APFA could not have given TWAers their wage rates because APFA did not represent TWAers at that time. Neither did APA or the TWU give respective mechanics or pilots their wage rates. That is just as much baloney as AA is responsible for the TWA retirement benefits. Another piece of baloney. TWA F/As are paid by the PBGC.

If your going to mirror something, your going to mirror negotiated rates by APFA. No matter how you cut it, the rate the TWA'ers recieved were rates that APFA members were willing to strike over. In other words any raise that the TWA'ers recieved would never have happened had APFA not negotiated it.

MiAAmi said:
If your going to mirror something, your going to mirror negotiated rates by APFA. No matter how you cut it, the rate the TWA'ers recieved were rates that APFA members were willing to strike over. In other words any raise that the TWA'ers recieved would never have happened had APFA not negotiated it.
Boy Miami - you dance around issues like Fred Astair (sp???).
If you are caught in misinformation - you just go another way with the issue.

WHO CARES THE COURTS WILL DECIDE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

SHOULD HAVE LET TWA GO TO CHAPT 7
THEN WE WOULD NOT BE USING MY DUES MONEY TO SAVE MY SENIORITY FROM TWA THE SHIP WAS SINKING FAST LET IT SINK
AND AS FAR AS RENO GOES ITS OVER WE LOST IM OVER IT LETS MOVE ON AND BUILD THIS AIRLINE TO A BETTER FUTURE.AND MAYBE BRING THE PEOPLE BACK THAT WERE LAID OFF INCLUDING TWA :up: :shock:

QQ3270 said:

THEN WE WOULD NOT BE USING MY DUES MONEY TO SAVE MY SENIORITY FROM TWA THE SHIP WAS SINKING FAST LET IT SINK
AND AS FAR AS RENO GOES ITS OVER WE LOST IM OVER IT LETS MOVE ON AND BUILD THIS AIRLINE TO A BETTER FUTURE.AND MAYBE BRING THE PEOPLE BACK THAT WERE LAID OFF INCLUDING TWA :up: :shock:
Amen to that.... I've said my peace on this.

MiAAmi said:
QQ3270 said:

Amen to that.... I've said my peace on this.
Oh Miami - are your mad? Are you going to eat a worm?

As far as going into chapter 7 -

TWA employees would have worked things out, AA wanted us to keep anyone else from purchasing us and being a competition. Even AA knew that!

LiveInAHotel said:
Oh grow up! Are you sure that you're the ex-TWA and not your Mother?

BTW, it's MiAAmi, not MIami!!
You two have me laughing!

You get caught in a lie - and now your mad as a hornet.

jsn25911 said:
LiveInAHotel said:

When did I lie? I have never lied on this BB. I post the truth about AA and APFA. Please show us the proof and don't avoid the question like you always do.

jsn25911 said:
Oh Miami - are your mad? Are you going to eat a worm?

As far as going into chapter 7 -
MiAAmi still has not gotten over the chapter 7 filing of his/her previous employer, Braniff International Airways.

LiveInAHotel said:
jsn25911 said:
LiveInAHotel said:

When did I lie? I have never lied on this BB. I post the truth about AA and APFA. Please show us the proof and don't avoid the question like you always do.
Your are correct - I should have explained further.

MIAAMI made some statements that were not true - L1011 - caught him on it and then he danced around the issues - he signed off sounding mad - I was responding to that. Actually - I was ignoring your response - other than it made me laugh.