Mec Code-a-phone Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - October 5, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Tuesday, October 5th, with two new items.

Item 1. The MEC reconvened its meeting today in PIT, and after discussing the Transformation Plan TA with the Negotiating Committee and ALPA’s legal and financial advisors, overwhelmingly voted to send the Transformation Plan tentative agreement out for a membership ratification vote. This resolution has been posted on the pilots only website under “MEC Information.â€￾

Balloting will begin soon and will close at 10:00 a.m. on October 21st. Balloting information will be mailed and emailed to all pilots in good standing, announced on the code a phone, and posted on the pilots only website. Education materials will also soon be sent out, which will include a Chairman’s letter, the text of the TA, a TA fact sheet, and a detailed position paper listing advantages, disadvantages and the alternatives of the major Tentative Agreement provisions, as required by MEC resolution. These materials will also be available through mail, email and the pilots only website. Road shows have also been scheduled. The revised schedule is as follows:

Friday, October 8 in CLT at the Renaissance CLT Suites at 10 a.m.
Monday, October 11 in PHL at the Renaissance PHL Hotel Airport at 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 12 in BOS at the Holiday Inn Boston-Logan Airport at 10 a.m.
Wednesday, October 13 in DCA at the Crystal Gateway Marriott at 10 a.m.
Thursday, October 14 in PIT at a location to be determined at 9:30 a.m.

The location of the PIT meeting will be announced on the code-a-phone and website as soon as it is available. The Comm Center will be reactivated shortly. The dates and times of operation will be announced on the code a phone and website.

Item 2. The (Philadelphia) Council 41 reps sent a letter to their pilots yesterday that compares our current contract provisions to provisions that they believed would be implemented if a judge would grant the Company’s 1113(e) motion, and also compares those items to provisions from the tentative agreement reached last week. This comparison is incomplete and misleading because an 1113(e) motion is for short term economic relief only.

The TA should be compared to long-term relief that would be sought in bankruptcy under the provisions of 1113©. According to our advisors, an 1113© motion would contain provisions no better than the TA, and could in fact, contain some provisions that would be much worse.

Please refer to official MEC documentation for your decision making. Make every effort to attend one of the roadshows. And as always, demand the facts, and take advantage of all the educational tools we will provide for your deliberations.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Last night I indicated that members of the RC4 were once again inentionally providing false and misleading information. Moreover, I said that that information would be made public shortly that indicates there was more fraud.

Tonight Jack Stephen said the Philadelphia Rep report was "incomplete and misleading because an 1113(e) motion is for short term economic relief only." This could be another exhibit for the potential criminal charges that could be filed against the RC4; as well as a civil lawsuit filed per the Landrum/Griffith Act.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Last night I indicated that members of the RC4 were once again inentionally providing false and misleading information. Moreover, I said that that information would be made public shortly that indicates there was more fraud.

Tonight Jack Stephen said the Philadelphia Rep report was "incomplete and misleading because an 1113(e) motion is for short term economic relief only." This could be another exhibit for the potential criminal charges that could be filed against the RC4; as well as a civil lawsuit filed per the Landrum/Griffith Act.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="188168"][/post]​

Amazing. This entire evening has just been simply riveting. If what the PHL Rep has apparently done is true and if charges are filed against the RC4 as a result of their apparent action, what does their actions do to the reputation of organized labor? Could the RC4 have done more damage to the future of Unions than any anti-union advocate?

Oh let's sue ALPA. Oh that will show em'. I guess that means our union dues will go up to pay for the mess. People are clearly not thinking with their heads here.

FM2436 said:
Amazing. This entire evening has just been simply riveting. If what the PHL Rep has apparently done is true and if charges are filed against the RC4 as a result of their apparent action, what does their actions do to the reputation of organized labor? Could the RC4 have done more damage to the future of Unions than any anti-union advocate?
[post="188184"][/post]​

The real issue is what does the actions of the ALPA MEC do do the entire industry and profession with this kind of T/A?....

If the members vote this in....it will be a total defeat to every organized union member in this country and in ur history.

I believe that the court system must be tested. And no one is willing to do this as a collective coallition.

Stupid is' as stupid does....and if we ratify these horrific contracts, we deserve what we get..NOTHING!

And no complaints either...none! Not one word should be utterd by any union member who by majority votes this kind of crap in yet a-gain.

If i were the company, I would have brought all wages to min. wage.. hell you guys would vote that in too.

Suckers.

This TA will be ratified in about two weeks and ALPA will not be sued, just the RC4 and possibly the NC.

Not only will the RC4 be sued, but there could be criminal charges filed and charges filed with the NLRB and the Department of Labor for representation violations.

Moreover, let's not forget that PHL Captain Rep John Crocker is once again attempting to violate the constitution and by-laws in regard to the new recall notice. ALPA vice president of membership services Paul Rice is investigating a complaint and some ALPA members are requesting the Philadelphia LEC be placed into receivership.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Anybody with a brain looking at this "suing of reps" has to realize it's a lose-lose situation. NOBODY is going to win USA320Pilot if pilots sue elected ALPA reps. How can you possible see any good coming out of this? I just see we pilots being asked to pay a bill we did not ask for. If this does indeed progress it will tarnish ALPA and all unions. Shame on you!

EyeInTheSky said:
Anybody with a brain looking at this "suing of reps" has to realize it's a lose-lose situation. NOBODY is going to win USA320Pilot if pilots sue elected ALPA reps. How can you possible see any good coming out of this? I just see we pilots being asked to pay a bill we did not ask for. If this does indeed progress it will tarnish ALPA and all unions. Shame on you!
[post="188206"][/post]​
Lets remember who apparently, either accidently or intensionally, distribute false and misleading information to the Pilot's Union rank and file members. It wasn't management, it was the Pilot's Union elected representative(s). From a Union's perspective, isn't it always management who tries to distributes false and misleading information to affect the outcome of a Union vote? Apparently, it has been the actions of the RC4 who have either accidently or intensionally, distributed false and misleading information with the apparent goal to affect the outcome of a Union vote.

Boy-oh-boy, if charges are filed against the RC4 and the outcome is guilt, you'll never see another employee elected Union representative attempt to influence the outcome of any election/vote by accidently or intensionally distributing false and misleading information to their fellow Union brothers and sisters.

"If the members vote this in....it will be a total defeat to every organized union member in this country and in ur history."

Sorry, but the world does not revolve around USAir. Attention any concerned Anaheim grocery store check-out workers! You can now stop worrying about the USAirways pilots.

blueoceans said:
"If the members vote this in....it will be a total defeat to every organized union member in this country and in ur history."

Sorry, but the world does not revolve around USAir. Attention any concerned Anaheim grocery store check-out workers! You can now stop worrying about the USAirways pilots.
[post="188283"][/post]​

Phew....I didn't think it was safe to go outside unless the IAM/AFA/CWA/ALPA/TWU had ensured the demise of the company.

Thanks for letting the light in...

320pilot, who are you going to sue if this gets voted down by the membership? From what I hear, its not a sure thing it will pass.

michael707767 said:
320pilot, who are you going to sue if this gets voted down by the membership? From what I hear, its not a sure thing it will pass.
[post="188295"][/post]​
take the 23%...go into 1113e 60 day negotiations.....both sides have to compromise.....you'll probably get a better shake.....U holds the cards outside of 1113 neg's.....

delldude said:
take the 23%...go into 1113e 60 day negotiations.....both sides have to compromise.....you'll probably get a better shake.....U holds the cards outside of 1113 neg's.....
[post="188307"][/post]​

Write this down on the calender...I now agree. :shock:

PS..That avitar is pretty scarey, delldude.

USA320Pilot said:
This TA will be ratified in about two weeks and ALPA will not be sued, just the RC4 and possibly the NC.

Not only will the RC4 be sued, but there could be criminal charges filed and charges filed with the NLRB and the Department of Labor for representation violations.

Moreover, let's not forget that PHL Captain Rep John Crocker is once again attempting to violate the constitution and by-laws in regard to the new recall notice. ALPA vice president of membership services Paul Rice is investigating a complaint and some ALPA members are requesting the Philadelphia LEC be placed into receivership.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="188203"][/post]​

Once again,

Who are you going to sue if the POS gets voted down?