Mechanics uniforms

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Just read that AA is in the beginning stages of designing new mechanics uniforms.

Might I suggest going to the bowling shirt style again, as I would say 80% of mechs don't tuck their shirts in for various reasons, a bowling shirt would be more uniform and more comfortable.

Reactions: 3 people
At US they have a t-shirt, or a polo or a button down style shirt, Doug has made the uniform casual, and you can wear shorts that you purchase from Aramark.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
At US they have a t-shirt, or a polo or a button down style shirt, Doug has made the uniform casual, and you can wear shorts that you purchase from Aramark.
I would think with the kind of work mechanics do they would not WANT to wear shorts. 

I know if I had the choice working in confined spaces and possible chemical exposure would drive a preference for pants or jeans. 

Reactions: 3 people
Working line on afternoon shift in Texas in summer, shorts were preferrable. If we had tires/brakes, etc., we would put on the kneepads as necessary. In the hangar, I always wore pants with the button down shirt. I had to have a pocket for my sharpie, pen, and 6 inch scale.

It was nice to have the options available.

If they are using Twin Hill as the uniform vendor,expect to have to order one size above what you actually wear.

They run rather small and the quality is sketchy.I've returned 3 pairs of pants already for seams that have simply given out while doing something as simple as hooking up a towbar.

Made in Bangladesh of course...

My apologies for posting in a mechanics thread.

JFK Fleet Service said:
If they are using Twin Hill as the uniform vendor,expect to have to order one size above what you actually wear.

They run rather small and the quality is sketchy.I've returned 3 pairs of pants already for seams that have simply given out while doing something as simple as hooking up a towbar.

Made in Bangladesh of course...

My apologies for posting in a mechanics thread.
No apologies necessary.

paul1 said:
shorts so professional looking, new uniforms why?
And some mechanics where gym shoes at work, get off your high horse, you must wear a suit and a tie to work.

Kev3188 said:
True, but neither of us work day shift in PHX, either...
Glenn Quagmire said:
Working line on afternoon shift in Texas in summer, shorts were preferrable. If we had tires/brakes, etc., we would put on the kneepads as necessary. In the hangar, I always wore pants with the button down shirt. I had to have a pocket for my sharpie, pen, and 6 inch scale.

It was nice to have the options available.

I can see your points about dealing with the heat but, I would still rather have the protection pants and jeans offer. I guess the best thing to do is let the wearer decide what he rather tolerate. 

When it's 95 degrees on the ramp in CLT and 100% humidity, those shorts sure feel nice.

Latest posts