Uniform Rollout Delayed

circUS Airways.... I like it.

I've yet to hear of anyone outside of Parker, Kirby, and Jackson who like the horrendous "business casual" branding idea. What a joke...

And shame on the employees who do wear the awful fast food outfits for contributing to the degradation of their career. You're going to ask for better pay and benefits and respect for your profession while wearing a tracksuit and shorts?

Don't you mean a month and five days? Roll out was scheduled for Jan 28 and now we're supposed to start wearing it in March. Perhaps you're using a calendar that was printed in Tempe...they've forgotten many things in the past, why not February?

You know those Tempe koolaid drinkers ... they will defend the west for all their stupid reasons.
Good Chop on DesertFA66. :blink:

So the company gave employees options - now that they gave you options so people of different sizes or look better in different looks might be happy. Now we are upset that they gave you too many options.

circUS Airways.... I like it.

I've yet to hear of anyone outside of Parker, Kirby, and Jackson who like the horrendous "business casual" branding idea. What a joke...

And shame on the employees who do wear the awful fast food outfits for contributing to the degradation of their career. You're going to ask for better pay and benefits and respect for your profession while wearing a tracksuit and shorts?
Looking at the international airlines, they look so awesome but then they actually had a designer do theirs. Alitalia had Versace. Everything fits and lines up where it should. But so true worry about they are treating us - no raise same pay as 10 years ago - we actually can apply for food stamps - instead of spending for uniforms take care of us then we can go for the trivial stuff such as uniforms, or a step and actually clean the airplanes or put stuff on the plane so we could at least spray before we have to touch seats or blankets. When I get home I feel so dirty yuckkk.

So the company gave employees options - now that they gave you options so people of different sizes or look better in different looks might be happy. Now we are upset that they gave you too many options.
How many options does a company need? If you actually had uniforms that were tailored "even people of different sizes could look good" If you are heavy should wear a skirt or at least pants that fit. Same for shirts and jackets. Speaking of jackets TAILORING is extremely important a woman should not be sized for a man's jacket - and should be double breasted it tends to slim. But why do something right when you can do it 15 times "cheap"

i can't imagine what the guys are going to look like in the mock turtle neck... or better yet, how they're going to wear them. first of all it will be man-boobs galore. then who will be wearing the suit jacket over it- or a button down over it... the combinations will be a disaster. :shock: god help all of us who have to look at them!

Can you come up for air already? Your missing the POINT of this thread entirely. They were back ordered on a few items. Items like the white short sleeve shirt and the sweater. What the hell did the company think? That not many people would order a short sleeve shirt for either summer or a warmer location we have employees working? Did they think that since only a few thousand did the survey NOBODY would order a sweater to drape over this thin as paper uniform? With THAT being said why didn't they see that their narrow little minds were going to run into this problem a few months ago? Would you PLEASE stop trying to make p!ss poor excuses for this inept, moronic management? They have done NOTHING right since the merger and still don't get it. My God it's getting old. :rolleyes:

:lol:
i can't imagine what the guys are going to look like in the mock turtle neck... or better yet, how they're going to wear them. first of all it will be man-boobs galore. then who will be wearing the suit jacket over it- or a button down over it... the combinations will be a disaster. :shock: god help all of us who have to look at them!
:lol: :lol: Yeah and How about all those CHUbBY, Fat Heffer Women who wear size 22 +...senior AND JUNIOR...now tha'st a pretty site in a skort or a dress that shows every friggin role she has... YIKES roles of fat - now thats always attractive! Simply put - obese crew wearing clothes designed for thinner people is just wrong. US carriers, as well as US public is obesely overweight. Time for Jenny Craig, a girdle or get ur jaw wired! It aint a pretty site.

I believe I can figure this one out. Because of ATC delays with strong head winds the A-340 delivering our surveys to China were left on the ramp in PHL. Shortly there after Delta took control of that gate. After intense negotiations with the city and state; Tempe decided to close PIT thus delaying the transfer of the cloth to the west coast. The surveys are being shipped out to LHR on the 757 ETOPS transferred to our star alliance partners. Lufthansa will take them as far as FRA then transfer to Austrian to fly to YUL. From there Air Canada will take control and deliver them to New Liberia to be placed on a newly painted A330 back to PHL. After that a focus group will select the 5 most appealing and deliver them to Mrs. Shambles who then left them at Hooters. So we are pleased to announce that by mid march we should be receiving our orange shorts and tank tops.

I believe I can figure this one out. Because of ATC delays with strong head winds the A-340 delivering our surveys to China were left on the ramp in PHL. Shortly there after Delta took control of that gate. After intense negotiations with the city and state; Tempe decided to close PIT thus delaying the transfer of the cloth to the west coast. The surveys are being shipped out to LHR on the 757 ETOPS transferred to our star alliance partners. Lufthansa will take them as far as FRA then transfer to Austrian to fly to YUL. From there Air Canada will take control and deliver them to New Liberia to be placed on a newly painted A330 back to PHL. After that a focus group will select the 5 most appealing and deliver them to Mrs. Shambles who then left them at Hooters. So we are pleased to announce that by mid march we should be receiving our orange shorts and tank tops.
I will agree with that only if good looking people wear them OK?

Bob, I like your theory, and agree with the concept of "business Casual" dress and the effects on the workforce.

About 10 years ago I was involved with a limited study at a group of car dealers about the effect of casual Fridays had on sales. After 6 months, it was evident that the salespeople who "dressed down" on Fridays sold less vehicles than those who did not. It was also noted that the same sales people generally had a lower closing ration on that day compared to other days that they wore a tie and jacket (men). So the reality of this limited test was people liked buying cars from more professionally dressed salespeople, and those who looked more professional tended to make more money, than if they dressed business casual.

In the latest edition of the USAir magizine, I noticed Doug's picture he was wearing a jacket and tie, not the old picture of him looking like "an un-made bed." I am sure it was a staged picture, not a formal change at HQ.

<SNIP> I am sure it was a staged picture, not a formal change at HQ.
This just in; jacket & tie every day from now on in Tempe.

IMG_2995-tm.jpg

wheres the new ramp uniforms all we hear about is inflight and pilots and gate agents what about the real LABOR in this company wheres our uniform layout?