Mechanics uniforms

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I can see your points about dealing with the heat but, I would still rather have the protection pants and jeans offer. I guess the best thing to do is let the wearer decide what he rather tolerate.
Quite a few people I work with prefer shorts for this reason. If pants gets soaked with jet fuel or skydrol, they can just was kit off their legs, instead of having to wear those soaked pants.

700UW said:
When it's 95 degrees on the ramp in CLT and 100% humidity, those shorts sure feel nice.
I can understand that. I do live in Oklahoma after all.

Flying low said:
Quite a few people I work with prefer shorts for this reason. If pants gets soaked with jet fuel or skydrol, they can just was kit off their legs, instead of having to wear those soaked pants.
I would hope that is a very uncommon occurrence. I can see the validity of your point though.

Rumor is Fleet is going to get new uniforms again. Many complaints about current uniform,very hot, fabric/skin issues,poor design.

And some mechanics where gym shoes at work, get off your high horse, you must wear a suit and a tie to work.
I do prefer the suit jacket but no tie.(I hear it is the DP look).

Wore many a tyvek suit when I was utility, so get off your high horse.

Worked line utility before I went to stores, then utility after the first bankruptcy then back to stores after the second.

You really have some serious class envy going on.

Utility is Aircraft Cleaners, we had them on the line, in heavy maintenance, stores and the shops.

Copy. We had aircraft cleaners in ORD (TWU Title 1 actually) that washed the exterior. On the line I'd guess it's the interior crew. 

The line Utility did through flight cleaning,lavatory and water service, RON cleaning and an exterior wash.

700UW said:
The line Utility did through flight cleaning,lavatory and water service, RON cleaning and an exterior wash.

Yeah, that's it- take us down memory lane 700 - said nobody...ever! 

Here's a fun fact, the old timers use to brag how the TWU got us uniforms, (before they use to wear jeans and T-shirts) but the TWU "out foxed" AA and "negotiated" for uniforms. The fact is in 2003 when we took the pay cuts, we gave back half our uniforms and the uniforms had a monetary value (I don't remember value), so that tells me instead of money the TWU negotiated to lease polyester pants and shirts, that sometimes have been worn by someone else.  

So in a nut shell, the mechanics at AA have been leasing shirts and pants from AA instead of pay raises. The flight crews buy their first set of uniforms, then for the rest their career the company gives them 12 points a year to "buy" uniform pieces, I believe a shirt costs 2 pts. 

Pilots 17% 401k CONTRIBUTION, FA's 9.9% 401k CONTRIBUTION, AMTs 5.5% 401k MATCH!!!!!!!!!!

Pilots, FA's, given points to buy uniforms, TWU leasing uniforms sense 1969 !!!!!!!!!!!

Take uniforms out of the contract !!!!!  If AA wants us to wear uniforms, great, but it shouldn't be part of my compensation. I doubt even walmart makes their employees rent their smocks, and if they do they should get a union that's not the TWU.

Any thoughts Mr. Owens?

Whatever the new look of the new uniforms, they should come with TWU-logo trap doors so it will be easier to take it in the shorts down the road. 

Reactions: 3 people
MetalMover said:
Whatever the new look of the new uniforms, they should come with TWU-logo trap doors so it will be easier to take it in the shorts down the road. 
LoL. I like this guy. :)

Latest posts