Uniform Rollout Delayed

beachboy

Veteran
Jul 7, 2006
Well, we saw this coming. "Oh no, We are right on time! It's under control." :lol: :lol: :lol: I love the part that certain items proved more popular than others. Didn't we do a mock order to find out just which items were more popular so more fabric could be ordered? It's hysterical :lol:

Date: Thursday, 27 December 2007 15:04 ET
To: Emc2-News
Subject: Uniform Update

One of the greatest strengths of our new uniform program is that employees are
allowed to order whatever garments they want from a large selection of items.
Typically in uniform change outs employees receive a set uniform, i.e.
2-jackets, 5-pants, 5-shirts, etc.

While this level of choice is a strength, it also creates a risk. Since we
didn't require each employee to take a set uniform, we ran the risk that some
garments would be more popular than we expected resulting in production
shortages. We are short on the following items and we will not be able to
launch on January 28th as originally planned:

--white short sleeve shirts/blouses
--sweaters/shells

TwinHill is working as quickly as possible to produce the remaining quantity
required to fill all 18,000 employee orders. However, we don't expect to have
enough inventories available for all orders until early-April.

With this in mind we are going to do a phased uniform launch, taking advantage
of our existing inventories to launch one group and wait for the remaining
production to launch the other.

Flight attendants will roll-out first. Uniforms will be delivered throughout
the month of January. Flight attendants will begin wearing the new uniform on
Monday, March 3, 2008.

Male and female all-weather coats, raincoats and winter scarves are in
inventory now and will be ready for the changeover.

Customer service agents' uniforms will begin shipping in late January and they
will begin wearing the new uniform in late April.

Everyone is excited about the new uniforms. We thank you for your patience
while this new look for US Airways is implemented.

Source: US Airways Marketing

Apparently you didn’t see the other memo

“ due to the increase in oil prices that are now affecting the airline market as a whole we have been forced to take drastic new cost cutting measures and unfortunately this will affect the new uniform roll out , in fact there won’t be any new uniforms at all and we will be requiring all employees to turn in the shirts off their backs . Thank you for your cooperation in advance . “

How very typical....a bunch of nonsense words that come together and say "we just don't have it together." Not surprised at all...it's their M.O.

Sounds like the projections based on the survey were off. The question is; did people respond inaccurately when they participated in the survey or was the projection doomed by a lack of participation in the survey?

Sounds like the projections based on the survey were off. The question is; did people respond inaccurately when they participated in the survey or was the projection doomed by a lack of participation in the survey?
or is it that this company can't tell their a$$ from their elbow. it's not just the uniforms they can't get together- they can't do anything right.

this is very dissapointing. i swear somertimes you just wonder. :down: :down:

Do you really? They can't do anything right. There is no refuting it. When is everyone going to realize that your airline is run by a bunch of numskulls and ninkapoops?

The basic TIMELINE they put in place doomed the late January launch from the start. Why Tempe even thought they would be able to get ANY Retailer/Supplier to process and fill orders during the Holiday Season when The Holiday Shopping is the make or break period for any retailer is beyond me. And then they thought UPS/FedEx/USPS would drop everything to make room for THIS order? I worked in the fashion/retail industry and saw this problem from DAY ONE. (There are many people that still haven't been fitted, many that guessed at their sizes because they didn't want to go through the fittings, etc. Wait till the deliveries start arriving and some of the pieces don't fit exactly like "you thought they would".) These so called Corporate Clowns really are out of touch on so many scores they need to put yellow tape all around the Tempe Headquarters Building with a B-I-G NEON Sign stating...... "Pardon OUR Dust, Village Idiots Wondering what to SCREW Up NEXT!?". Jesus , can these clowns do ANYTHING Right?

You're right. Cordon CORP HQ off with yellow tape. That place is such a DISASTER the Red Cross should start handing out coffee. :rolleyes: Don't worry Marketing guys, I'm sure your koolaid will heat up nicely in the mug as well.
View attachment 6924

"Do you really? They can't do anything right. There is no refuting it. When is everyone going to realize that your airline is run by a bunch of numskulls and ninkapoops?"

US1 you hit the nail on the head . But the ?? is WHEN is the BOD or investors going to see this .

uniform changes in mergers is nothing new. but gee it takes Tempe 2 1/2 yrs to try and figure it out . and Still can't get it right

Yep..That's the ticket = It's all those darned employees' fault again..no doubt in my mind. Seems that they're now outright lying or being "inaccurate" in even survey responses. It couldn't have been done otherwise...say...by using live people to get off their keisters and actually talk to significant numbers of employees directly?...by having any usefull interaction with the work force other than some "survey"? I'll just take a wild guess that no one who wasted time on the survey received ANYTHING for their efforts in any case.

Yep..That's the ticket = It's all those darned employees' fault again..no doubt in my mind. Seems that they're now outright lying or being "inaccurate" in even survey responses. It couldn't have been done otherwise...say...by using live people to get off their keisters and actually talk to significant numbers of employees directly?...by having any usefull interaction with the work force other than some "survey"? I'll just take a wild guess that no one who wasted time on the survey received ANYTHING for their efforts in any case.

The real reason is a miscalculation in the amount of fabric required to complete the uniforms ordered.

It seems the East employees have many more "persons of size" in their ranks, especially the International Flight Attendants, and the vendor simply can't produce enough fabric to cover the job, so to speak.

I spoke to someone on the unform team today and they said that the survey was only completed by a handful of FAs :down: (something like 1000). I am not that disappointed, it's only delayed by 5 days for FA's, not bad. He also said that there were problems on Twin Hills part too. :shock: