Uniform Rollout Delayed

perhaps they can take the sweaters from the F/As that took the 10K buyout and won't be needing a uniform when they leave.....

Folks, the BOD or Tempe Execs don't care! They don't care how stupid they make the front line employees look. As long as they make money, they don't give a rats a$$. We are the fools for once again believing that the AWA WonderKids could actually pull this off successfully. They've not done one thing right yet so why in the hell would anyone think this would be any different.

The idea of business casual banding and uniforms seems to have come from some west coast, tie dyed, layed back, slouch who is too lazy to press his clothes and put on a tie. Open collared shirts with curly gray hairs creeping out is disgusting! Skorts for CSA's!?!?!? McDonald's styled polo shirts, WAL-MART smocks (the zippered vest). Hip Hugger uniform pants....please...A BradyBunch Airline. Some may like this kicked back, wash'n wear, $4.95, one-size fits most, drive to the next window style...but it's just another screwup from the AWA braintrust.

I used to be a supervisor for a major retail TeleCatalog Call Center. Our agents never saw the public face to face but they were required to wear a tie, dress shirt and slacks to work every day. This promotes an atmosphere of professionalism. Something our New US Airwys is lacking.

There is no professionalism

"Disappointing" give me a break, who cares about a uniform, worry about a pay raise :angry:
EXACTLY. Let's start emailing Kirby and asking him where our money is. I could care LESS about the uniform launch date or what the meal to Heathrow will be. Get real...... :rolleyes:

Do you think that Tempe finally realizes that they have a small morale problem on their hands?

Answer: Lack of participation in the survey...out of 18,000 uniformed employees, only 2000 took the time to participate.

So question: for those pointing fingers and cutting down the uniform program and the Marketing deprt...ask yourself..did I participate in the survey? If the answer is NO, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

I did participate so I guess that means I can ####? Anyway, new uniform, dont really care one way or the other, other than the fact that my current uniform is looking kind of ratty and I was hoping for a change out in Jan. Guess it'll just have to make it til whenever.
However, if you have 2000 out of 18000 voluntarily participate, how about guessing on whatever the 2000 picked X9. It wouldnt be an exact science, but it should be enough to get at least some basic pieces out to the masses so they have some part of their new uniform to wear. To be told that they didnt have enough of anything to ship out or not enough for people to make up some piece of the uniform they selected just means that someone really screwed up big time imo. Dont they have info from everyones previous orders so they could get a general idea of sizes too? It sounds like it was too much work for them to do anything other than wait and hope things worked out.

Pathetic.
And that is paying them a compliment. On a recent flight LGA-CLT, I had 13 people on an A321 that expected to have their COATS hung. After apologizing for the INVISIBLE CLOSET and NON EXISTENT Hangars I mentioned that our airline is being "Managed" by drones from the desert. There were TWO pilots in F/C (one from US and one from AA)........I thought they would literally roll out of their seats laughing. When one female inquired what to do with her new fur coat, I explained the situation, complimented her on her EXQUISITE Taste in an animal hide and she allowed me to try it on for the hell of it. The Captain was enjoying EVERY Moment of our "Tempe Bashing" and allowed me to hang it in the Flight Deck to accomodate the pax <something the CLOWNS don't seem to quite get yet> and boy did I throw an Inflight Cocktail Party once airborn. (Even Dougie would sh*t himself with the free flowing booze!) So calling THEM "PATHETIC" is the least of my issues...........you don't want to see me working in Coach these days because it will be the Return of SOUL PLANE......"It's ALL GOOD, and the SH*t's ALL FREE". And as far as the Business Casual Running Suits........... :lol: :lol: that'll be the day.I"ll wear my cashmere sweater WHEN I want to, and IF I want to. (So delay those new rags as long as you need to.)

Personally I would rather have a new, fair and decent contract for the FA group. And, while I am sad that we are not going to be getting the uniforms in Jan, did anyone really expect this to happen on time? What has USAirways done in the last 18 months that was ON TIME? I think the answer is nothing, so I am not shocked that there is a delay. Must be weather in PHL, or ATC, or MX.....

However, if you have 2000 out of 18000 voluntarily participate, how about guessing on whatever the 2000 picked X9.
Exactly, tadjr. 2,000 is a pretty large sample size for a group of 18,000 - election results are forecast based on much smaller sample sizes (percentage-wise).

Jim

Personally I would rather have a new, fair and decent contract for the FA group. And, while I am sad that we are not going to be getting the uniforms in Jan, did anyone really expect this to happen on time?
And did anyone really care when the uniforms happened? I am more concerned with the negotiations that are ongoing. BTW, for those that don't know, you can go to the AFA USAirways website to see the negotiating schedule for AFA through the end of 2008. Let's get on it, and in the meantime, I'll keep tweaking this uniform to show off my "ass"ets..... :ph34r:

The problem was the number of different looks. Uniform is defined as..."having always the same form, manner, or degree : not varying". If there were one uniform then the problem would be solved. Our uniforms used to be ordered on one form. Shirts were either long sleeved or short not blue, white, striped, or two color choices of polo. Why not just pass around a JC Pennys Catalog and let everyone pick and choose what ever they want.

The ticket counter and gate agents at our hubs and some out stations look like a hodge-podge yard sale....different kinds of shirts, blue pants, black pants, ties, no ties, polo shirts, standard uniform shirts, thread bare yellowed white dress shirts with arm pit stains. Does anyone remember when we all wore the same thing? It was sharp, clean, professional, and the passengers could tell we were airline employees. Now they approach employees in the gate area and ask "do you work here?" because they can't tell by the way agents are allowed to dress. Football jerseys?!?!?! What f***ing tie dyed west-coast lazy drunk MoFo came up with that idea of employees wearing pro sport jerseys to work???? This ain't a frat house, it's an airline!!!!!!!! You can't tell who works for the company and who doesn't. Business causal works on causal Fridays in the corporate office but it has no place in this industry.

Thanks for another embarrassing screw up Tempe. You know how to make US look good.

I dunno how many peope on this board go back to '87, when PI went to new uniforms. Not only were they classy and comfortable (remember they pleated shoulders?), the fitting, ordering, and outfitting only took a few months. I know, apples and oranges.

Well, I just like the scarf, it makes me look awesomely sassy - - with my scarf of multi colored airplanes I will show the LH trenchcoat mafia who really can rock a uniform.....

actually, im just looking forward to how many people who are a little too portly for that dress (like myself) actually try to pull it off. :shock:

And also, my damn skirt dress is one thread away from falling off because the thing is seven years old.

honestly, you can dress all you pissed off people up, but underneath it you're still seething with venom. let the old uniform soak up as much anger as it can before you go tainting up a new one.

let's play a game called . . think positive....

let's think of all the fun things we'll be able to do with our new uniforms

1) play star trek
2) play dirty cop
3) play still disgruntled but havent yet quit airline employee

cheers mates!!

The problem was the number of different looks. Uniform is defined as..."having always the same form, manner, or degree : not varying". If there were one uniform then the problem would be solved. Our uniforms used to be ordered on one form. Shirts were either long sleeved or short not blue, white, striped, or two color choices of polo. Why not just pass around a JC Pennys Catalog and let everyone pick and choose what ever they want.

The ticket counter and gate agents at our hubs and some out stations look like a hodge-podge yard sale....different kinds of shirts, blue pants, black pants, ties, no ties, polo shirts, standard uniform shirts, thread bare yellowed white dress shirts with arm pit stains. Does anyone remember when we all wore the same thing? It was sharp, clean, professional, and the passengers could tell we were airline employees. Now they approach employees in the gate area and ask "do you work here?" because they can't tell by the way agents are allowed to dress. Football jerseys?!?!?! What f***ing tie dyed west-coast lazy drunk MoFo came up with that idea of employees wearing pro sport jerseys to work???? This ain't a frat house, it's an airline!!!!!!!! You can't tell who works for the company and who doesn't. Business causal works on causal Fridays in the corporate office but it has no place in this industry.

Thanks for another embarrassing screw up Tempe. You know how to make US look good.
:lol: Boy did you HIT the Nail on The Head with THAT DESCRIPTION! Who and I would like to know WHY did a sloppy "Business Casual" appearance appeal to? The f'n Clampetts? Maybe Dougie and his Clowns feel comfy in their tieless Corporate environment but the appearance of many workers to the general public is "What the hell.......?". It even goes as far as saying why doesn't the TSA/Homeland Security step in and say, "Look......these are restricted areas, there needs to be some compliance with a UNIFORM so we know who belongs where and who could possibly be a thug/threat or bum just wandering around an airport. And the football jersey BS...........what next a pep Rally with Dougie pouring "shots"? It's a disgraceful embarassing CIRCUS.