MIA-FRA

how does that compare to previous winter schedules?  What fact base are you using?

published schedules - year over year for the same month.

AA, not surprisingly, continues to pull back at JFK while DL grows.

AA's overall TATL route system is smaller, not larger, at least until next summer.

please it's amazing you can't reconcile things - so TATL was reduced - I guess you don't realize that is done every winter - I realize your arm chair monday morning quarterback wish I was an airline CEO - the broad facts just run right past you - how do you come up with this stuff - what type of meds produce these posts

How is the list of DL faults coming along?  Still struggling with that list?  Maybe take some asprin and call us in the morning with the list

Equipment schedules are only loaded through January 5th. Beyond that is a default. MIAMAD becomes a 772 Dec 18.

MIASFO still has a 763, that's not gone.

BOSLAX hasn't seen a 763 in a while.

MIASFO is currently 2x 738 1x 757

BOSLAX has seen it off and on but it has been several years.

Josh

Jcw since he dont have the flippin balls to give u list of wrong doings by that ole wiget airline here some examples for u bro...

closing hub dfw

cvg

cuts at msp, dtw,

cargo mem anc slc

closed mco at one point

cut ramp at number of airports...to that outfit DGS

ramp ready reserves for slave labor paid lower than PMUS folks...

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
As long as you get to a point where you're making money, who cares if you're #2 or #3?...
while I agree, it becomes a question of if you can make money. 

In a place like LAX where AA, UA, DL are all about the same size and all offer most of the top destinations I agree.

In a place like NYC where it has to be stretched over the two airports and you have a lot less slots it becomes a question of how well you can complete.

Of course Delta needs to get its act together on the domestic product and FF program. I have a feeling that one of the reasons Delta hasn't been able to pull as much corporate contracts away from AA and UA (across the system) is because of its product and SkyMiles.  

robbedagain said:
Jcw since he dont have the flippin balls to give u list of wrong doings by that ole wiget airline here some examples for u bro...

closing hub dfw

cvg

cuts at msp, dtw,

cargo mem anc slc

closed mco at one point

cut ramp at number of airports...to that outfit DGS

ramp ready reserves for slave labor paid lower than PMUS folks...
Can I get on this? 

Outsourcing 40%+ of its maintenance
Closing hangars in ATL, LAX, ORD, DFW, TPA
Not doing a single overhaul in house
Skymiles
The domestic product
The fake wood that looks like it game from the old galley floor meal trays in domestic F.  
depts. at TechOps having more contractors than Delta employees
TechOps Mexico
DGS
Dumping cargo cities when they are going to make 4 billion this year
being well under compliance on the JV with AF/KL 

topDawg said:
being well under compliance on the JV with AF/KL 

This, IMHO, would be a huge concern to me if I was a DL employee.  You don't want to become a feeder airline for AF/KL. 

Actually, it should be a concern for AA and UA employees, to not allow their company to become feeders for their European JV partners.

Frugal i believe there is or was a thing josh started regards to BA i the us about outsourcing but i havent taken time to read too much but i wonder if they wld have AA ground handle them in a nbr of us cities whereas AA is given the JV n over in europe itd be vice versa

topDawg said:
while I agree, it becomes a question of if you can make money. 

In a place like LAX where AA, UA, DL are all about the same size and all offer most of the top destinations I agree.

In a place like NYC where it has to be stretched over the two airports and you have a lot less slots it becomes a question of how well you can complete.

Of course Delta needs to get its act together on the domestic product and FF program. I have a feeling that one of the reasons Delta hasn't been able to pull as much corporate contracts away from AA and UA (across the system) is because of its product and SkyMiles.
and yet DL has a higher yield that AA or UA.

if DL's product is so inferior or AA serves such business rich destinations, how is that DL ends up with a higher yield?

or is that that DL really knows how to get the passengers that pay the highest fares whether they come from corporate contracts or not?

jcw said:
please it's amazing you can't reconcile things - so TATL was reduced - I guess you don't realize that is done every winter - I realize your arm chair monday morning quarterback wish I was an airline CEO - the broad facts just run right past you - how do you come up with this stuff - what type of meds produce these posts
except AA has reduced its TATL schedule less than other carriers - less than 25% per year between January and July 2013 compared to 30% for UA, 65% for DL, and over 100% for US.

AA simply has not flexed the capacity of its system between summer and winter as much as other carriers have done, UA is doing it more than this winter than it has done in the past, and AA is now finally having to do it - most heavily concentrated in the markets which AA just started within the last year as well as markets like JFKMXP where AA's addition of MIA service has hurt its JFKMXP performance and allowed AZ/DL to improve its performance.

AA is finally cutting its schedule but still flies more capacity than other carriers during the winter and is only doing it now in markets which are new and where AA's strategic decisions elsewhere are hurting its JFK performance.