Mid-Atlantic ,Possible MX & Crew Bases ??

N786P

Advanced
Nov 8, 2002
Talk in CLT this AM is that U is really pushing for the fast track, on starting up MDA, possible MX and crew bases in CLT JAX PIT LGA BOS ROA DCA,GSO, to start.Load factors are reported to be good on jungle jets for AA, CO, DL...time to get on the train, they''re leaving the station full.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 9:21:19 AM N786P wrote:

Talk in CLT this AM is that U is really pushing for the "fast track", on starting up MDA, possible MX and crew bases in CLT JAX PIT LGA BOS ROA DCA,GSO, to start.Load factors are reported to be good on "jungle jets" for AA, CO, DL...time to get on the train, they''re leaving the station full.

----------------​

I realize this is all in the rumor category, but what have you been hearing about crew bases in the cities you referenced? A lot of us furloughees in different cities would be very interested to know if a recall to MDA will mean a commute to PIT or not.

Thanks for any elaboration you can make on your rumors.

Thanks!
-Airlineorphan

Well in JAX there is a nice hanger that Piedmont just left, and there are piedmont people ou tof work there too.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 9:21:19 AM N786P wrote:

Talk in CLT this AM is that U is really pushing for the "fast track", on starting up MDA, possible MX and crew bases in CLT JAX PIT LGA BOS ROA DCA,GSO, to start.Load factors are reported to be good on "jungle jets" for AA, CO, DL...time to get on the train, they''re leaving the station full.

----------------​

...on starting up MDA, possible MX and crew bases in CLT JAX PIT LGA BOS ROA DCA,GSO, to start...

To START? Sounds like MAA is going to open a crew and MX base every time the wheels touch a runway!

It is no rumor, Jerry Orr, the head of Charlotte/Douglas said he will build and Mid-Atlantic will come.

CCAIR''s hangar was taken over by Mesa, but that is only for a short term. It will be demolished soon to make room for the new runway, expected to be operational by 2006.

----------------
On 4/19/2003 1:59:24 PM piedmont wrote:

so are you saying that is a good thing that the Piedmont poeple are out of work?

----------------​
No, I don''t want to see anyone out of work, just a fact that Piedmont closed their heavy maint. in JAX.

I thought the CCAir hangar was slated to be torn down if/when the third parallel runway in CLT is built?

a new runway in Clt? We''ll probably still be slowed to 170 30 miles from the marker...those controllers are the worst.

BTW, if operating the ERJ 170 is like the 145, you had better have maintence at every base. Or at the very least, have the mechs go to Pep Boys and buy a bunch of those battery terminal diconnect switches, chop those ''boys somewhere before the main buses, so you won''t have to shut the whole thang down when you get those spurious EICAS messages. It gets old after a while. Place ''um on the rear cockpit bulkhead...so when the feds see ''em ya''ll can say..."no sir, that''s just my coat hanger..ain''t those brazilians clever?"