More Filth & Lack Of Upkeep

N924PS actually thinks he is personally "saving" the airline by carrying write-ups, hoping they will be "fixed" before it becomes a "problem".

As a commuter, I write things up and pass items to the crew. N924PS has been one of the few who does not document problems in the log book (thinking he will "save" the airline?)

Personally, I feel people like him have actually caused the airline to decline. It is really not managements fault. I feel it is the pilots' fault for not establishing a paper trail and not following up.

Never mind. You're not worth the bandwidth.

Why don't you cite a specific instance when you feel this occurred there Snark. Because you better be able to back up a statement like that with some real information.

My turn to wave the BS Flag. You are full of it.
What do you mean, your turn? Your continuous excuses for management have enabled continuous incursions into employees contracts, outside of Section 6. In fact, poopie has named you, specifically, as someone who is an obstacle to positive progress for the employees.

I will happily exchange information that only gets you in trouble because it seems you have a historical problem with crew concept and have a problem "fingering someone else" to evade responsibility.

Are we talking about the covering material or the foam underlayment? Check the regs. I am pretty certain you are wrong.

WRONG?

Wrong.

You are talking about the star, producer, and writer of many training videos no one saw or ever heard about. Because they do not exist.

Calling a legend in his own mind wrong is the equivalent of saying the sun rises in the West.

Glad to see you will attack the poster instead of sticking to the topic, it was one video, get your info straight, and the reason you didnt see it as you are not maintenance.

Sorry about the filthy planes. Fly AA. :mf_boff: Peeeeeeeeeeee.u!

Something, um, special in the air: AA works to quash bathroom odors on 757s
By TREBOR [email protected]
It's bad enough to be crammed into a tiny seat in a packed aircraft cabin, subjected to noisy seatmates and crying babies. But what if the airplane, well, just stinks?

Some passengers have encountered that malodorous problem on recent American Airlines flights. The carrier said it is working to eliminate the in-flight stench that has occasionally arisen in some of its Boeing 757 jets.

American has received sporadic complaints about foul odors coming from the lavatories on the planes. While the problem isn't widespread, airline officials said, they are nonetheless switching to a stronger sanitizing fluid and redirecting air vents to reduce the unpleasant odors.

"We've been hearing input from our customers and our flight attendants about the issue and working to come up with a solution," spokesman Tim Smith said.

A more pleasing in-flight aroma comes at a cost to American, even as the Fort Worth-based carrier is working to slash expenses. The stronger sanitizer is more expensive, Smith said. And American will also absorb the maintenance costs of redirecting the lavatory vents to blow air outside the plane rather than into the cargo area in the aft of the aircraft.

The entire fleet is scheduled to have lavatories replaced as planes are refurbished beginning this year.

What do you mean, your turn? Your continuous excuses for management have enabled continuous incursions into employees contracts, outside of Section 6. In fact, poopie has named you, specifically, as someone who is an obstacle to positive progress for the employees.

I will happily exchange information that only gets you in trouble because it seems you have a historical problem with crew concept and have a problem "fingering someone else" to evade responsibility.

I think you have had one too many glasses of wine or smoked one too many pine cones!

"The stronger sanitizer is more expensive, Smith said. And American will also absorb the maintenance costs of redirecting the lavatory vents to blow air outside the plane rather than into the cargo area in the aft of the aircraft.

The entire fleet is scheduled to have lavatories replaced as planes are refurbished beginning this year.
Hmmm...at least AA is taking steps to cure the problem. How many lavs has US replaced as planes were "refurbished"? Oh, that's right, at US refurbish means new seat covers....

Jim

Hmmm...at least AA is taking steps to cure the problem. How many lavs has US replaced as planes were "refurbished"? Oh, that's right, at US refurbish means new seat covers....

Jim
oh, poop. you win. :lol: Don't blow a gasket gramps, it was a joke! :up:

How long does it take to replace a seat in Y? And How long in F? I was in SLC and saw a pair of seats being rolled on a flatbed down the terminal.

oh, poop. you win. :lol: Don't blow a gasket gramps, it was a joke! :up:
Not for nuttin'....but did mom and dad leave the "show respect" lesson from the playbook?

Captain Jim has forgotten more about Aviation than most...can we please be respectful? I know I for one would be appreciative...even if you would not.

Please....much appreciated. And you never know, you just might learn something. :)

Thanks

Thanks Van, but I've developed a pretty tough skin in my nearly 62 years on this earth. Besides, I really am a gramps and proud of it.

Jim

Thanks Van, but I've developed a pretty tough skin in my nearly 62 years on this earth. Besides, I really am a gramps and proud of it.

Jim

Jim....I get a little bit worked up when I see a lack of respect for someone that has "been there, done that and got the T-Shirt," in your case, going back to flying DC-3's, several T-Shirts. ;)

You have earned the respect. You deserve it....I simply believe, regardless of whether we agree or not, that we all demonstrate and show you (and others who have your experience) the respect you've EARNED. :)

Thats all.

Several of us (me for one) are extremely grateful to have the opportunity to learn from you and others with your experience. I don't take it for granted...I hope no one else does.

How long does it take to replace a seat in Y? And How long in F?
You don't really change a seat unless you're just talking about the cushions/covers - you change a seat unit generally composed of 2 F seats or 3 Y seats on a narrowbody (some aircraft like the MD80 have 2 & 3 seat Y units).

The difficulty with replacing the whole unit is the wiring in the armrest for IFE/etc and getting the unit off/on the aircraft (turning the corners from the door to go down the aisle). Except for these things, it's just some twist to lock fastners that hold the unit to the track in the floor.

Jim

Back