More pilot recalls coming!

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Been told by someone in the know to expect pilot recalls to continue. Approximately 25 pilots per month at least through September '07 but probably much longer. This is due to attrition, E190 and A321 deliveries, and increased trans-atlantic service. Also in the process of recalling approximately 19 ground school instructors for the increased training.
Not a rumor, it is underway.
(This is for the Charlotte Flight Training Center.)

Good news!

:up: :up: :up:

Not a rumor, but yet no official notification from the company or any news from them regarding this???

Sorry, but just a rumor untill it's announced. True, they have started recalling, but in the past 5 years, there has been numurous leaks as this.

Do hope it's true...

Not a rumor, but yet no official notification from the company or any news from them regarding this???

Sorry, but just a rumor untill it's announced. True, they have started recalling, but in the past 5 years, there has been numurous leaks as this.

Do hope it's true...
This is from somebody far up the food chain.
He said it was okay to let it out.
Hang in there... ;)

A. Believe it when you see it.
B. They'll be lucky to find anyone to come back...

The question is and still should be. WHAT IS OUR AIRCRAFT COUNT GOING TO BE?????????????????????????????
The unions are sworn to secrecy. New a/c coming but old a/c leaving.

The question is and still should be. WHAT IS OUR AIRCRAFT COUNT GOING TO BE?????????????????????????????
The unions are sworn to secrecy. New a/c coming but old a/c leaving.

I'd still like to find out what we would be coming back to. A little readers-digest version of the current contract would be nice. The latest reserve rules, etc.

Also would be nice to know where we might fall on the integration before making the decision. I'd hate to make a leap-of-faith once again only to find that i've become furlough-protection for a thousand America West pilots.

(nothing against the AMW pilots of course. Just another factor to consider when making the decision regarding whether or not to return from furlough).

I'd still like to find out what we would be coming back to. A little readers-digest version of the current contract would be nice. The latest reserve rules, etc.

Also would be nice to know where we might fall on the integration before making the decision. I'd hate to make a leap-of-faith once again only to find that i've become furlough-protection for a thousand America West pilots.

(nothing against the AMW pilots of course. Just another factor to consider when making the decision regarding whether or not to return from furlough).

As a furloughed pilot I believe you have access to the ALPA WebBoards. LOA 93 can be viewed on this site. It will tell you all the wonderful things you could look forward to upon your return.

Also, this site would permit you to ask questions regarding life on reserve under LOA 93 to pilots currently suffering under the provisions of this agreement.

If you have access to The Hub, please check the latest Crew News (10-17-2006) video of President Scott Kirby responding to a question on growth. The short answer is little or none.

So if you've got a good gig now, I would be in no big hurry to return to USAirways, with no joint contract, no merged seniority list, and no growth.

As a furloughed pilot I believe you have access to the ALPA WebBoards. LOA 93 can be viewed on this site. It will tell you all the wonderful things you could look forward to upon your return.

Also, this site would permit you to ask questions regarding life on reserve under LOA 93 to pilots currently suffering under the provisions of this agreement.

If you have access to The Hub, please check the latest Crew News (10-17-2006) video of President Scott Kirby responding to a question on growth. The short answer is little or none.

So if you've got a good gig now, I would be in no big hurry to return to USAirways, with no joint contract, no merged seniority list, and no growth.

Very good advice. I hope some are paying attention.

pilot

Maybe so, but once ALL furloughees have been given the opportunity to come back, flow-through will begin from our WO side-- PDT & PSA.
Doesn’t your new ALPA guy from CO have a true flow thru one seniority system?

[edit]
===========================================================

Actually Sir, only active pilots are authorized access to the WebBoards. Furloughed and retired pilots were apparently causing too much ruckus and have been excluded.

I cannot even get my calls returned and I am on LTD. Pitiful, and shame on you guys that I have known for years.

Latest posts