More Rifs

December 16, 2004

Page 4

As a result of this difficult exercise, we kept the class II stations opened, incurred reductions at other stations and added AMT’s to MCO, LAX, MIA and JFK. We believe this to be preferable to the closing of stations. It is in our best interest to ensure that these stations operate as efficiently as possible, albeit with less.

As we are acutely aware, the airline industry has faced an unprecedented litany of challenges during the past few years; our members have certainly endured their share. Looking to the future as the climate improves, it would be our sincere goal to return those effected.

Fraternally,

John M. Conley

Robert Gless

Don Videtich

Paul McCormick

Opeiu-153 afl-cio

C: J. Little

G. Yingst

it would be our sincere goal to return those effected.

Return to a job with less pay and less benefits. Well sign me up!!!! :up:

MORE WORK LESS PAY :up:

What name calling ????? :unsure:

twuer said:
Remind us again...........what are those layoff numbers at UAL and NWA under amfa's watch??????? Oh, and don't forget to mention the mess with the pensions and retirees!!!
[post="228988"][/post]​
amfa's woeful record.... :down:
"amfa has done nothing to stem the bleeding of jobs at NWA and UA. Under amfa's watch, NWA has shed 4,000 maintenance jobs and closed down a major base in Atlanta.
amfa's record at UA is even worse, where it has dumped 6,000 maintenance jobs and closed bases in Oakland and Indianapolis. In addition, it did nothing when UA outsourced $2,000,000,000 in aircraft maintenance work to Pratt & Whitney over the next ten years. And more recently, amfa agreed to allow UA to cut retiree health benefits by more than $50,000,000.
amfa's record at Alaska Airlines isn't much better. This month, Alaska announced it is immediately closing its heavy maintenance base in Oakland, eliminating 340 amfa represented mechanics' jobs. That work is being outsourced to non-union Goodrich in Seattle."

Strake said:
amfa's woeful record.... :down:
"amfa has done nothing to stem the bleeding of jobs at NWA and UA. Under amfa's watch, NWA has shed 4,000 maintenance jobs and closed down a major base in Atlanta.
amfa's record at UA is even worse, where it has dumped 6,000 maintenance jobs and closed bases in Oakland and Indianapolis. In addition, it did nothing when UA outsourced $2,000,000,000 in aircraft maintenance work to Pratt & Whitney over the next ten years. And more recently, amfa agreed to allow UA to cut retiree health benefits by more than $50,000,000.
amfa's record at Alaska Airlines isn't much better. This month, Alaska announced it is immediately closing its heavy maintenance base in Oakland, eliminating 340 amfa represented mechanics' jobs. That work is being outsourced to non-union Goodrich in Seattle."
[post="229534"][/post]​

You convienently fail to mention, as all anti AMFA people do, that the IAM at UAL knew they were goners and GAVE AWAY THE DAMN STORE WITH UNLIMITED OUTSOURCING BEFORE AMFA GOT ON THE PROPERTY!

From another thread, the numbers for the TWU at AA are:

3318 AA AMTs
1515 ex-TWA AMTs

4,833 AMT jobs lost with the TWU

Those numbers do not include the losses slated for the new year due to "rightsizing" Class II stations and the end of the re-pitch work at MCI.

Don't worry: We'll Get'em Next Time

Boomer said:
From another thread, the numbers for the TWU at AA are:

3318 AA AMTs
1515 ex-TWA AMTs

Those numbers do not include the losses slated for the new year due to "rightsizing" Class II stations and the end of the re-pitch work at MCI.

Don't worry: We'll Get'em Next Time
[post="229595"][/post]​
yes and dont forget that was with major concessions and the gutting of our contract without the help of a BK JUDGE :unsure:

local 12 proud said:
yes and dont forget that was with major concessions and the gutting of our contract without the help of a BK JUDGE :unsure:
[post="229601"][/post]​

Who needs a Judge when you have Jim Little.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Boomer said:
[post="229595"][/post]​

Well over 11,000 AMT jobs lost with the amfa And if one were to put those numbers into percentages of the work force affected, the outcome would look far worse.

There is absolutely nothing an amfa supporter can say in a negative fashion about or against the TWU, IAM or the IBT that trumps the amfa's own record. The amfa sux, and everyone knows it but you die-hards.

The amfa has not accomplished anything in a positive light for the majority of its represented work force. Did I miss something here?

The TWU on the other hand, has worked hard to preserve jobs....( a unions #1 priority?) And you amfadites have the nerve to imply thats a bad thing? How F%^&*& up can you guys be?

Why don't you amfadites just go ahead and expose yourselves for what you really are? Most you have enough time to keep your jobs no matter who represents you. If you can get a few extra dollars an hour at the expense of someone elses job, why not right? "Better thee than me" right? And you guys that dont have the time (seniority)? What are ya thinkin??? And you're allowed to work on airplanes??? Now thats scary!

The TWU on the other hand, has worked hard to preserve jobs....( a unions #1 priority?)

Worked hard to save jobs.
The twu traded pay and benifits to keep more people employed and keep the dues money flowing.
The twu preserved jobs and lowered everyones standard of living. A fine example of a company union.

Why not rcall everyone that is being laid off and lets all take another cut in pay. My dad just got laid off in LGA. Lets all give back more money and more bensfits so my dad can have a job.

Face it the twu is nothing more than a useless excuse for a union. This union has not fought for a better standard in over 15 years. They must be removed any union other than the twu is worth a try. I am tired of being screwed over by the twu lets try someone else maybe we can at least get a reach around during the next screwing :p

The amfa has not accomplished anything in a positive light for the majority of its represented work force. Did I miss something here?

What is positive about the twu they lowered my standard of living by over 20 percent. Great job. They keep more people employed at the exspence of every one else. Great job.
And dont forget they saved American Airlines from liquidating. :up:

Actually Anthony, what the TWU did was ask the membership to vote yes or no on the concessionary contract. The same floor that so wishes the demise of the TWU is no doubt the same that voted to save their jobs and remain employed.

You stated you are not furloughed. Have you ever been under the TWU? Has that paycheck continued to flow into your account every two weeks like clockwork? For you to remain with AA after a 20% decrease in combined wages and benefits says a lot for what the TWU had already bargained for you. Had it been to the point of your failing to provide for yourself or family, surely you would have sought employment elsewhere, like NWA, UAL, or perhaps Alaskan Air.

I believe Anthony that you, and I, are here for the $$$, it can't be for the conversation and entertainment....or can it?

Strake,Dec 19 2004, 04:57 AM]
Well over 11,000 AMT jobs lost with the amfa And if one were to put those numbers into percentages of the work force affected, the outcome would look far worse.

The 4800 figure is for mechanics only, when you add in the layoffs from the other workgroups and the title groups that the TWU eliminated the figures are much closer, but the difference is that while both unions have seen massive layoffs only the TWU gave massive concessions. So with the TWU the company gets a Win-win situation. They get to slash wages and headcounts with impunity. The company gets to slash pay under the guise of "saving jobs" and still get rid of whatever workers it wants. And the union does not even challenge them, in fact it keeps on lying and suppoirting the company.

There is absolutely nothing an amfa supporter can say in a negative fashion about or against the TWU, IAM or the IBT that trumps the amfa's own record. The amfa sux, and everyone knows it but you die-hards.

You are in obvious denial. The TWU, and the IAM have decimated the careers of thousands of airline workers. THey have enabled the airlines to drastically lower living standards. The IBT does not have as much presence but where they do they have done well, but their heavy handed tactics have resulted in successful decertification drives from both flight attendants and mechanics. I'll admit that the IBT would be a better alternative than the TWU, but then again even the IAM would be better but none of those unions offer us the potential that AMFA does, the opportunity to unite our class and craft into a union that is accountable and focused on promoting and elevating our profession.

Obviously you did. Are there any card drives to decertify AMFA?

The TWU on the other hand, has worked hard to preserve jobs....( a unions #1 priority?) And you amfadites have the nerve to imply thats a bad thing? How F%^&*& up can you guys be?

Worked hard to preserve jobs? How? By giving the company EVERY concession they want AND allowing them to furlough thousands of workers while we are still spending hundreds of millions outsourcing? I think the only jobs that the TWU/ATD have preserved is their own International positions. By the way, where is their "shared sacrifice"?

Why don't you amfadites just go ahead and expose yourselves for what you really are? Most you have enough time to keep your jobs no matter who represents you. If you can get a few extra dollars an hour at the expense of someone elses job, why not right? "Better thee than me" right? And you guys that dont have the time (seniority)? What are ya thinkin??? And you're allowed to work on airplanes??? Now thats scary!

The "I got mine" mindset is the TWU mindset.

Wasnt it the TWU that brought in B-scale?

The TWU keeps taking a defensive position that is based upon a lie, that they saved jobs when in fact they continue to allow the company to eliminate jobs as they see fit, as we recently saw with the Rifs at MCI, STL and the various Class II stations.

Actually Anthony, what the TWU did was ask the membership to vote yes or no on the concessionary contract. The same floor that so wishes the demise of the TWU is no doubt the same that voted to save their jobs and remain employed.

You stated you are not furloughed. Have you ever been under the TWU? Has that paycheck continued to flow into your account every two weeks like clockwork? For you to remain with AA after a 20% decrease in combined wages and benefits says a lot for what the TWU had already bargained for you. Had it been to the point of your failing to provide for yourself or family, surely you would have sought employment elsewhere, like NWA, UAL, or perhaps Alaskan Air.

I believe Anthony that you, and I, are here for the $$$, it can't be for the conversation and entertainment....or can it?

Actually Anthony, what the TWU did was ask the membership to vote yes or no on the concessionary contract.

Unlike yourself I voted NO to this insult of a contract.

What the twu did was negotiate a ontract that should have never been brought to the membership for a vote. The great AA threatened them and they caved in as usual.

The twu caved in like they allways do. The twu has not negotiated a contract without concessions in over 15 years. That is a fact.

You stated you are not furloughed. Have you ever been under the TWU?

I had the pleasure of being screwed by the twu at Pan American. Again without the reach around.

Had it been to the point of your failing to provide for yourself or family, surely you would have sought employment elsewhere, like NWA, UAL, or perhaps Alaskan Air.

I siad it once I'll say it again. The only thing that changes in this industry is the color on that tail.
But since the twu keeps degrading the profession of the AMT when the color on the tail changes so does your pay.

Latest posts