More Waste Of Money

The next move will be CCY bitchen that the lazy union types in CLT can't turn out the 737's like they used to. :shock: :shock:

PITMTC said:
I can't waste time complaining about how is was, how it could be or how it should be. I just deal with what I got.

You see, we just wasted our personal time on a subject that is beyond our control and nothing has changed.

This sums of the management style of U from the horses mouth. They admit there are problems but do nothing to change them? Jim I agree with you 100%!!! And as far as 320's response.....typical!!!!!! Sure am glad the judge OK'd the retention package....hate to loose them. Used to say in one of the departments that they would be better to get rid of the 4 managers and let the secretary do the work.

There's an old saying...."If I ignore it maybe it'll go away."

US management seems to have taken it to another level. The philosophy seems to be "If I ignore it maybe I won't get blamed."

Jim

Doesnt moving all this equipment defeat the purpose of outsourcing? Why are they giving the work to a company that doesnt have everything it needs to complete the work? If you are paying 6 figures + for a heavy check, you shouldnt have to send the Jacks with it.

USA320Pilot said:
PITMTC:

Excellent post. The majority of the employees have the same attitude as you, which is noticed by the customers, especially those dedicated flyers from FFOCUS.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="278344"][/post]​

I agree!! :up: Thats why I will continue to give 100% every week! Thats 20% each day! :shock: :p

diogenes said:
The next move will be CCY bitchen that the lazy union types in CLT can't turn out the 737's like they used to. :shock: :shock:
[post="278404"][/post]​

Your right, we can't. Usually there is only 6 to 9 mechanics on 3rd shift working a whole Q-check. Then we watch the 3rd shift manager show up on days and checks all the areas for progress that were not even assigned to work because of lack of manpower. The place is a joke. Do your 8 and hit the gate.

sentrido said:
Doesnt moving all this equipment defeat the purpose of outsourcing? Why are they giving the work to a company that doesnt have everything it needs to complete the work? If you are paying 6 figures + for a heavy check, you shouldnt have to send the Jacks with it.

Its no wonder STS was able to bid the checks so low, U provides all material and most of the tooling and STS provides bodies and hangar space. I like to associate it as if Lakefield wants to have his Florida residence remodeled......does he accept the lowest bid where he provides all the tooling and materials and responsible for cleanup for the job or does he go with the contractor whose cost is a bit higher but does it all.....Bruce heads for the golf course and when he returns the job is finished?

USA320Pilot said:
PITMTC:

Excellent post. The majority of the employees have the same attitude as you, which is noticed by the customers, especially those dedicated flyers from FFOCUS.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="278344"][/post]​
so ,flyboy...you're quite comfortable flying these planes with the type attitude displayed here?
I just deal with what I got.
"oh well its all i got to work with"......no mention of trying to make a difference or fixing it......like a good director should or could......same old BS.
see you on the six o'clock news flyboy.....someday it will catch up.

AP Tech said:
... Used to say in one of the departments that they would be better to get rid of the 4 managers and let the secretary do the work.
[post="278409"][/post]​
It's no secret that at most line stations, the secretary is the one who really runs the show....

PITMTC said:
Actually it's all true, I experience it first hand every day. I am the one who tries to buffer all the problems he gave examples of from the hard working people who just want to fix airplanes. I get these examples everyday.

To be honest, I could come up with at least ten examples a day just like these and at a far greater scale than any of you could even realize, but understanding business and the position the company is still in, I comprehend why we are here. Good or bad, I do my job to the best of my ability and using all the available resources I have. I can't waste time complaining about how is was, how it could be or how it should be. I just deal with what I got.

You see, we just wasted our personal time on a subject that is beyond our control and nothing has changed. We will go back to work and do the best we can anyway. That's why I give all the people out there great praise. I see the problems they encounter and the hard work they do and give them a lot of credit.
[post="278336"][/post]​

How do you see with your head so far in the sand?

sentrido said:
[post="278413"][/post]​

Ah....very good question! I thought the appeal to farming out was that you just worried about writing checks to the vendor, and they handled the rest. <_<

That they had to send all manner of equipment/tooling to "MHV" would tend to indicate a certain chop-shop in the gulf area was not quite as up to the task as originally ballyhooed by the PR mouthpieces, nor quite as cost-effective. Add the cost of shipping all this stuff ( as well as sundry parts...basic stuff ) back from HMV to those pesky inhouse mechanics on the line and in overhaul and the numbers sure don't get any better.

Of course, to the well-heeled dart throwers, these revelations are is a minor inconvenience at best...totally irrelevant at worst. This was all about getting ( inhouse ) headcount down....that's it.