Mr. Parker Delta plus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
AANOTOK said:
IF WeAAsles?...So let's see, if I take (going with your numbers) a 50% paycut, I will go down to $12.19. Let's say Delta who makes $26.75 (just a number) and makes the exact same profit in 2016, they still make $26.75. They will only recieve a smaller profit sharing check. Our profit sharing check if we make the same profit in 2016, you got it, it's still zero. Again, Delta wages is what the whole Delta plus 7 was based on, is that not right?
You can also do it this way if my math is correct. TOP DL ramp will go up to $59,092.00 base next year while we (If we're running Jan 1) will be at (Should be 3.5% for a 50% cut) $61,152.00 (Rough on both numbers) Now one clerk at DL estimated maybe $5000.00 added next year IF they make the same profit? AGAIN IF!!!!! If something happens though and they hit 0 profit then they also get 0% PS (Not going to happen of course)

Anyway are we getting a little bit shortchanged on the yearly income? Seems that way to me. BUT what is going to be the comparable costs for any and all middle items against my DL counterpart? 

Again why I say I'll let the people I pay dues to figure it all out.

AANOTOK said:
I guess I misinterpeted what Doug was saying. I will go back and listen again. But obviously you should know. Thanks.

Edit: Nope, Doug said a 10% paycut but a added it would be an actual W2 4.5% pay increase.
Later on he did say if Delta made the exact profit in 2016 it would be ten percentage points less in profit sharing.
So, based on what you said dawg, a 20% payout and losing 10 percenatge points adds up to 50% less money in your PS check.  :rolleyes:
correct. 

AANOTOK said:
I agree, it's the other layers in the contract that are in question.
Here ya but at that top pay its gonna be hard to convince anyone to vote no unless  other "layers" are truly dreadful. No matter what you hear from the breakroom. All they have to do is make 50% +1 happy. Less than 18 months ago top US fleet was $20.53 now its going to be over $29

It's still a double digit increase for AA, a ramp person will get a $4.87 an hour raise.

What does a mechanics make at DL with the new rates and what is the AA/US AMT make?

700UW said:
It's still a double digit increase for AA, a ramp person will get a $4.87 an hour raise.
What does a mechanics make at DL with the new rates and what is the AA/US AMT make?
A Delta AMT who posted earlier showed $41.15 hourly base pay as of December 1st. I'm not sure my exact pay to the penny. I have to check on jetnet.

topDawg,
The DL earnings growth for the next five years is 20.74% over that period. That holding true they will get profitsharing every year for the next five years. Thise year's forecast is a 39% growth over the year prior. Regardless of how people want to spin the profit sharing argument there is at least five years worth of at least 10% checks coming and a few years of 20% checks.

Now AAL is expected to have a 14% earnings growth over the next five years. 2016 and 2017 the analyst recommendations are that while AAL will turn a profit it will shrink by approximately 22% during those two years. That being said we would still get a check even under the DL 10% plan.

DL employees will be getting a 10% profit saring check for the next five years that we will not most likely. Of course you could believe the spin doctors that it's better to stick with the safe money even though every analyst is predicting annual earnings of $2B or more for AAL for the next five years.

But we will be getting DL+3% now. Doug has given us all our first pay cut of 4% and we didn't even get to cash the check.

Overspeed said:
topDawg,
The DL earnings growth for the next five years is 20.74% over that period. That holding true they will get profitsharing every year for the next five years. Thise year's forecast is a 39% growth over the year prior. Regardless of how people want to spin the profit sharing argument there is at least five years worth of at least 10% checks coming and a few years of 20% checks.

Now AAL is expected to have a 14% earnings growth over the next five years. 2016 and 2017 the analyst recommendations are that while AAL will turn a profit it will shrink by approximately 22% during those two years. That being said we would still get a check even under the DL 10% plan.

DL employees will be getting a 10% profit saring check for the next five years that we will not most likely. Of course you could believe the spin doctors that it's better to stick with the safe money even though every analyst is predicting annual earnings of $2B or more for AAL for the next five years.

But we will be getting DL+3% now. Doug has given us all our first pay cut of 4% and we didn't even get to cash the check.
Russia in Syria, a hurricane in the Gulf there goes your earnings anything can happen  and usually does. You make a valid, point but lets not string this out a couple of years.

Overspeed said:
topDawg,

I don't pay my bills through predictions even if I also believe those predictions to be true. AND also why I still feel DL plus 7% should continue to stand as the compromise for no PS.

The man said Delta plus 7%. Now he's saying uh, uh ,uh, well. 

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
I don't pay my bills through predictions even if I also believe those predictions to be true. AND also why I still feel DL plus 7% should continue to stand as the compromise for no PS.

The man said Delta plus 7%. Now he's saying uh, uh ,uh, well. 
Delta's profit sharing formula changed they are getting less so we are getting less. Im apathetic and normally dont vote on contracts but this time I will just to offset your vote WEAAz

Delta plus 1,000. Who cares it's all talk. Nothing has been exchanged or agreed upon. My pay is American plus BK rate. I wish these guys start acting like a union should at the table. Too bad the holidays are just around the corner.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts