Mr. Parker Delta plus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
His coworkers overwhelmingly REJECTED what he was selling on here. Over (freakin) whelmingly.
WeAAsles if there was a dispute within the ASS on a MTC issue would it hold up fleet negotiations. This Crew chief seniority issue seems to be a big problem.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
He doesn't know anything. He's just blowing smoke. And the guy got around a $5.00 per hour increase since he got his contract and wanted everyone to vote no. Think about that.

J Paul Handler Getty there.

WeAAsles said:
He doesn't know anything. He's just blowing smoke. And the guy got around a $5.00 per hour increase since he got his contract and wanted everyone to vote no. Think about that.

J Paul Handler Getty there.
My neighbor is a mech at the other NY airport. He got me in my driveway he was emotional you should hear some of the rumors coming out of that place silly like they took  all the town halls that mentioned 7% over DL off  of jet net.

Albert said:
WeAAsles if there was a dispute within the ASS on a MTC issue would it hold up fleet negotiations. This Crew chief seniority issue seems to be a big problem.
Depends what the leaders want to do? I say move forward. Whoever gets it first congratulates the other. IMO.

Albert said:
My neighbor is a mech at the other NY airport. He got me in my driveway he was emotional you should hear some of the rumors coming out of that place silly like they took  all the town halls that mentioned 7% over DL off  of jet net.
Never been a fan of rumors. And I think there are plenty of places we heard DL plus 7. Some people even ran a video of it from there phone and have been posting it on FB.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Never been a fan of rumors. And I think there are plenty of places we heard DL plus 7. Some people even ran a video of it from there phone and have been posting it on FB.
Emotions are running high. are you holding Parker at DL plus 7 or  somewhere between the old DL+7 and parity with the new rates?

Albert said:
Emotions are running high. are you holding Parker at DL plus 7 or  somewhere between the old DL+7 and parity with the new rates?
I think he should be held to it personally. He said it and just because DL made changes that shouldn't matter. Most of DL is non Union and changes can be made over there any time they want.

So yea I think Delta plus 7 should still apply.

Otherwise he should never have been public about making the statement. Let's see if he's a man of his word?

WeAAsles said:
I think he should be held to it personally. He said it and just because DL made changes that shouldn't matter. Most of DL is non Union and changes can be made over there any time they want.

So yea I think Delta plus 7 should still apply.

Otherwise he should never have been public about making the statement. Let's see if he's a man of his word?
To achieve the new rate would take a couple of years negotiating and  many jobs. $30.50 per hour is nice but I would take less to keep things pretty close to what they are now and to get a raise sooner. My opinion is parity at best

Albert said:
To achieve the new rate would take a couple of years negotiating and  many jobs. $30.50 per hour is nice but I would take less to keep things pretty close to what they are now and to get a raise sooner. My opinion is parity at best
Not necessarily. There are other things at play that people don't focus on. And that's what Wall Street and the secured creditors want.

We know for a fact they don't want the UAL mess. So there's a value attached to that as well.

Personally again though, I'll let our negotiators figure that out. That is one of the things we pay them for.

Delta plus anything will not happen anytime soon. All talk but the reality of it all is nothing has happened on either side. The real winner here is the TWU, IAM and the AFL-CIO. The Association has put the membership in a position that is worse now than before when we even had maintenance locals. People are starting to say just go and get something. Then how do we address the incomplete articles or parts of it when you read the all to popular letters, "TBD"? Say what you want about the past events that got us here. But those events are why we are where we are today. First of all does the association have a proposal ready to present to the company or counter theirs? Will there be any major issues between the negotiating committee if the company makes a proposal that has contradictions between the TWU and IAM? If so have the negotiators figured a way to address these issues without dragging it out? You know if and when the company puts a proposal out there it will have a time frame too it. Will the association have enough time to review it and make sure there will be no contradiction between the two sides? I asked these questions at a union meeting so everyone in the room can understand the difficulties in this complex process. The union was unable to address all my questions. Way too many uncertainties. So lets not rush and get anything we can get and cross the "T's" and dot the "I's" later on.

1AA said:
Delta plus anything will not happen anytime soon. All talk but the reality of it all is nothing has happened on either side. The real winner here is the TWU, IAM and the AFL-CIO. The Association has put the membership in a position that is worse now than before when we even had maintenance locals. People are starting to say just go and get something. Then how do we address the incomplete articles or parts of it when you read the all to popular letters, "TBD"? Say what you want about the past events that got us here. But those events are why we are where we are today. First of all does the association have a proposal ready to present to the company or counter theirs? Will there be any major issues between the negotiating committee if the company makes a proposal that has contradictions between the TWU and IAM? If so have the negotiators figured a way to address these issues without dragging it out? You know if and when the company puts a proposal out there it will have a time frame too it. Will the association have enough time to review it and make sure there will be no contradiction between the two sides? I asked these questions at a union meeting so everyone in the room can understand the difficulties in this complex process. The union was unable to address all my questions. Way too many uncertainties. So lets not rush and get anything we can get and cross the "T's" and dot the "I's" later on.
Our contract is gray to begin with  you could have an article say one thing thumb through the contract a you will find a contradicting LOA

Delta plus 7 only levels the playing field and does not address all our concessions!

American Airlines owes us delta plus 7 and more.

We our worth it and command it

Reactions: 5 people
Chuck Schalk said:
Delta plus 7 only levels the playing field and does not address all our concessions!

Yes, but from what point? I would think that at our eventual contract ratification? Just to lay out what is being discussed here, it would be Delta + 7% after the total 18% 2015 increase?

Could someone go over the probable Seniority integration?  

Chuck Schalk said:

What are the productivity levels between AA and DL - that will explain wherever one is worth it or not - higher quality and speed will win that argument

Status
Not open for further replies.