My Wonderful Experiences So Far w/ US East

A friend of mine was deadheading on a "East" flight from PHX to CLT a few weeks ago and told me how the F/A's came out with the beverage and "Food For Sale" cart and were never seen again until gradule decent. She said the 1st class F/A ended up picking up most of the trash. Of course the reasoning was because of "how much they have given up for this airline". WOW...what kind of customer service is that. I'm sure those folks had a pleasent experience :blink:

Ya know, I don't really want to stir the pot, but why is this issue such a slap in the face to the east side? Is it not a fact that USeast was on it's way to liquidation within aprox 60days prior to the announcment of the merger? I am not saying HP did not have their own financial issues, but why is it so hard to accept the fact that the merger was a savior for USeast? Those of us who talk about this do not mean it to be derogitory (sp?), it's just a fact, like 2+2=4, its not really a 'grey' area, as far as I have learned.
Actually, it is a grey area. Your under the impression that hp was the "only" game in town. Had hp not been interested, I might be working the "United Shuttle" today... ;)

IT'S TRUE...So what!!!
Actually, no, its not true. Investors put this together so they could recoup the money they've poured into both carriers. The airline’s strong cash balance is expected to be created through a combination of current cash on hand at US Airways/America West, $350 million of new equity commitments (which may be supplemented with additional commitments), and proceeds from a contemplated $150 million rights offering. In addition, the merged airline will receive cash infusions of over $1.1 billion, principally from partners and suppliers (approximately $675 million), asset-based financings or sales of surplus aircraft (approximately $250 million) and release of certain cash reserves (approximately $200-300 million).

The $350 million of new equity is expected to be provided by four separate investor groups. The new investors are: ACE Aviation Holdings Inc., ($75 million commitment) a Canadian holding company that owns Air Canada, Canada’s largest airline with over $7.5 billion in annual revenues; PAR Investment Partners, L.P., ($100 million commitment) a Boston-based investment firm; Peninsula Investment Partners, L.P., ($50 million commitment) a Virginia-based investment firm; and Eastshore Holdings LLC, ($125 million commitment and agreement to provide regional airline services), which is owned by Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation and its shareholders. The merged company also plans to conduct a rights offering that could provide an additional $150 million of equity financing.

Approximately $675 million of additional cash financing is being secured through a combination of refunding of certain deposits, debt refinancing (which reduces collateralization) and signing bonuses from companies interested in long-term business relationships with the merged airline. The companies have signed commitments or firm proposals for more than $425 million in additional cash liquidity from strategic partners and vendors, including over $300 million in a signing bonus and a loan from prospective affinity credit card providers for the merged company. Negotiations with credit card companies are still in progress. Another $250 million will come from Airbus in the form of a loan. The companies have also agreed that the merged company will be the launch customer for the Airbus A350, with deliveries scheduled from 2011 to 2013.

That said, my reason for stating what the West employee said was because it was the second thing out of the guy's mouth when I met him waiting for a seat assignment.

I'm not necessarily saying that HP bought US. I am agreeing with the earlier post that had it not been for this merger, US would no longer be here today. They were with in hours of closing the doors and liquidation. Ya, sure, someone else could have arranged for investors to gather together to join with US...but!

Actually, no, its not true. Investors put this together so they could recoup the money they've poured into both carriers. The airline’s strong cash balance is expected to be created through a combination of current cash on hand at US Airways/America West, $350 million of new equity commitments (which may be supplemented with additional commitments), and proceeds from a contemplated $150 million rights offering. In addition, the merged airline will receive cash infusions of over $1.1 billion, principally from partners and suppliers (approximately $675 million), asset-based financings or sales of surplus aircraft (approximately $250 million) and release of certain cash reserves (approximately $200-300 million).

The $350 million of new equity is expected to be provided by four separate investor groups. The new investors are: ACE Aviation Holdings Inc., ($75 million commitment) a Canadian holding company that owns Air Canada, Canada’s largest airline with over $7.5 billion in annual revenues; PAR Investment Partners, L.P., ($100 million commitment) a Boston-based investment firm; Peninsula Investment Partners, L.P., ($50 million commitment) a Virginia-based investment firm; and Eastshore Holdings LLC, ($125 million commitment and agreement to provide regional airline services), which is owned by Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation and its shareholders. The merged company also plans to conduct a rights offering that could provide an additional $150 million of equity financing.

Approximately $675 million of additional cash financing is being secured through a combination of refunding of certain deposits, debt refinancing (which reduces collateralization) and signing bonuses from companies interested in long-term business relationships with the merged airline. The companies have signed commitments or firm proposals for more than $425 million in additional cash liquidity from strategic partners and vendors, including over $300 million in a signing bonus and a loan from prospective affinity credit card providers for the merged company. Negotiations with credit card companies are still in progress. Another $250 million will come from Airbus in the form of a loan. The companies have also agreed that the merged company will be the launch customer for the Airbus A350, with deliveries scheduled from 2011 to 2013.

That said, my reason for stating what the West employee said was because it was the second thing out of the guy's mouth when I met him waiting for a seat assignment.
Well Said,
And let's not forget the HUGE pay and benefit cuts that the contract employees [USeast] took to make this merger possible.

Well since we are sharing stories good and bad here goes. I was nonreving to get to work in PHL a few weeks back. I was IN UNIFORM for the flight. The agents at America West were absolutely incredible. They sent me down early with a seat since there were somewhere around 30-35 open. I had my ID around my neck and clearly could tell I was an employee. The lead or "A" flight attendant, whatever she was considered as in charge looked at me with this "Ohhhhh NO Huhhh Uhhhhh" look. I had my rollerbard and my work bag with an extra and I do mean tiny dvd case. She was NOT having it, with my comming on with get this 3 bags! ! ! Now, I'm not a passenger and said I don't have the luxury of going to baggage claim. I need to check in for a trip. She said that the rule is strictly enforced. I told her that I had absolutely no way of consolidating what I had. She told me to step out of the way and back onto the jetway. Now I was not about to attract ANY attention to myself and get throw off for no reason. When we landed I looked at her and said, "ya know, whether it's 1year or 5 we will ALL be flying with each other. If you think your gonna have that kind of attitude with others you are sadly mistaken. I have done NOTHING personal to you and we don't know each other". She said she had no idea what I was talking about. Well why did the other two f/a's appologize for you then, I asked. I then said, "you and I have no control over the decisions by our management to merge and I also feel your frustration and fear". When I tell ya I don't forget a face. Boy I will definately remember HERS. To her I say thanks and for the rest of you at US west that may work with this woman I say Sorry.

"...I am agreeing with the earlier post that had it not been for this merger, US would no longer be here today. They were with in hours of closing the doors and liquidation."

This is SO tired. Just so you know, the demise/liquidation of US was predicted probably a million times (ok at least thru every concession) by everyone from mgmt to the press. Somehow, it NEVER happened. PLEASE stop with your savior complex!!!!!

peace out.

I'm not necessarily saying that HP bought US. I am agreeing with the earlier post that had it not been for this merger, US would no longer be here today. They were with in hours of closing the doors and liquidation. Ya, sure, someone else could have arranged for investors to gather together to join with US...but!
but, what? that's exactly what would of happened.

Please...If I remember correctly, there was a 30 or 90 day period in which other bidders could come forward and "merge" with US. I don't recall ANYONE knocking at the door!
As far as the 3 bags someone tried to bring on...unfortunately, our FAA chick has us ALL freaked out about the "1 Plus 1" carry on policy. We have had F/A's fined for allowing pax on with more than the "1 Plus 1" allowance. She is a Hard ---! ONLY "working" or "deadheading" crew members are allowed to bring on more. We have to pack breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 and 4 days you know!

I met a west employee on a flight from FRA to CLT a couple of weeks ago (a customer service agent from IAH). My only memory was that he told me his company saved mine from going out of buisness. Hope that wasn't you.

Ladies and gentleman, my dear friend Billy Joel...

If you search for tenderness
it isn't hard to find.
You can have the love you need to live.
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind.
It always seems to be so hard to give.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

I can always find someone
to say they sympathize.
If I wear my heart out on my sleeve.
But I don't want some pretty face
to tell me pretty lies.
All I want is someone to believe.

Everyone is so untrue.

I can find a lover.
I can find a friend.
I can have security until the bitter end.
Anyone can comfort me
with promises again.
I know, I know.

When I'm deep inside of me
don't be too concerned.
I won't ask for nothin' while I'm gone.
But when I want sincerity
tell me where else can I turn.
Because you're the one I depend upon.

Everyone is so untrue.

On this note, I am in FA training now and the majority of the folks in my class are furloughed US-east people. I was so worried about going to class figuring they would "hate" but they have all been totally great. One of the best FA training classes I have EVER had. Definately making some good long term friends and I cannot WAIT to meet the rest of the gang out East!

Yes, this is scary and new for everyone but change CAN be a good thing!

Well why did the other two f/a's appologize for you then, I asked. I then said, "you and I have no control over the decisions by our management to merge and I also feel your frustration and fear". When I tell ya I don't forget a face. Boy I will definately remember HERS. To her I say thanks and for the rest of you at US west that may work with this woman I say Sorry.
We westies apologize for her...I have been here a mere 8 years...and from the start....we have always been taught to take care of our own....we practice this on a daily basis in my station...and continue too no matter whom the non revver is...we all "pay" for those "free" seats in one way or another-don't you agree?
As far as the 3 c/o....we all should know crew is different...especially if you are one of our own....obviously if we are out of bin space we may have to check it but if we do-we pink tag it so it comes right back to you at the gate....once again, we apologize and should you ever come through my station-rest assured-we will welcome you!

We all have others that we have to appologize for. I thank you for the welcome. I definately didn't take anything personal from her actions. I know she was having a moment. She hopefully thougth about what she did after I brought it to her attention after landing. I have met many former HP employees living out west here. ALL have been incredibly nice.

Actually, it is a grey area. Your under the impression that hp was the "only" game in town. Had hp not been interested, I might be working the "United Shuttle" today... ;)

Fair enough. I just hope that when east side folks hear things that touch on this issue, you remember we are not trying to show off some form of superiority....well, at least I'm not. I just don't understand why it burns folks so badly, as if we have slapped their grandmother and cursed out thir family..that is what bothers me about that issue. Hard for me to understand, and things I don't understand, I want to.