• so, so...some good and some bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • horrible...just about everything went wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EricLv2Fish

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
I'm a US West employee and non-reved on US East from PHX to SRQ and back over the weekend. I'll have to say my experience was a very good one. The US East agents treated me really nice and welcomed me with a smile and open arms. It was really nice to get such a warm welcome. Everyone was very professional. Aircraft appeared to be well maintained. I flew A321 and A320 to and from Charlotte. I was surprised to see a Lav between coach and first class on the left side of the aisle...is that standard on the A321? Video system appears to be the same or very similiar to US West A319/320s. The A320 appeared to be fairly new (didn't catch the tail#). Flew CRJ 200 and 700 from Charlotte to SRQ. Both interiors were in great shape.

Great poll,and glad you enjoyed your tri stop in PHL, :up: :up: :up: and look at the new tugs hehe...

Tryed to non-rev about two weeks after the merger, what a f'n nightmare... The west side was smooth from PHX to ATL (a redeye). ATL at 5:30am. got to the Airways gate and they never heard of me. No help even after I reminded them my flight would leave before I could get to the ticketing counter. Nice... Anyway waited in line at AWA ticketing they said go to Airways ticketing.. Waited... Airways said they could not help me talk to AWA.... Screw this im renting a car.. No rental cars in ATL???

Ok waited in AWA ticketing again ( my flight left over an hour ago) they said Airtran was my best shot at $30 a leg. Thats $120 I didnt have so I returned home no problems on AWA.

Wish I could say the F/A's were great on the flight or the pilots let me jumpseat noprob.... But I never even made it that far.

I realy hope things have got better since. We all put up with alot of crap to fly for free and act like " oh well at least I fly free, cant complain" but this is a benifit right. Can you imagine going to the doctor or dentist and putting up with being treated like this?? Oh your non-rev... no novicain 4u... just a thought

Sorry you had such a hard time smmech. I have to admit I was slightly apprehensive trying it too for those reasons you mentioned. Hopefully they have the bugs worked out system wide. Advice to anyone trying this...make sure you get a paper ticket (ZED 100) from your airline (AWA or US Airways) before non-reving on the other. Somehow I lost my paper ticket prior to my first leg and the Gate agent caught it before I boarded, so I ran down back to the AWA counter and got another and made it back just in the nick of time (made me realize just how out of shape I was :lol: ) . Had she not caught the fact I didn't have a paper ticket I would have been stuck in Charlotte. Thank you gate agent!

Great poll,and glad you enjoyed your tri stop in PHL, :up: :up: :up: and look at the new tugs hehe...

Thanks allstrike...glad you folks in Philly are getting some new equipment. I almost had to go thru Philly had I not gotten my paper ticket so quickly. Keep us posted on how things are going okay?

Sorry you had such a hard time smmech. I have to admit I was slightly apprehensive trying it too for those reasons you mentioned. Hopefully they have the bugs worked out system wide. Advice to anyone trying this...make sure you get a paper ticket (ZED 100) from your airline (AWA or US Airways) before non-reving on the other. Somehow I lost my paper ticket prior to my first leg and the Gate agent caught it before I boarded, so I ran down back to the AWA counter and got another and made it back just in the nick of time (made me realize just how out of shape I was :lol: ) . Had she not caught the fact I didn't have a paper ticket I would have been stuck in Charlotte. Thank you gate agent!
Thanks allstrike...glad you folks in Philly are getting some new equipment. I almost had to go thru Philly had I not gotten my paper ticket so quickly. Keep us posted on how things are going okay?

Thanks Eric, flying US East on Friday...will advise when i return.

I'm a US West employee and non-reved on US East from PHX to SRQ and back over the weekend. I'll have to say my experience was a very good one. The US East agents treated me really nice and welcomed me with a smile and open arms. It was really nice to get such a warm welcome. Everyone was very professional. Aircraft appeared to be well maintained. I flew A321 and A320 to and from Charlotte. I was surprised to see a Lav between coach and first class on the left side of the aisle...is that standard on the A321? Video system appears to be the same or very similiar to US West A319/320s. The A320 appeared to be fairly new (didn't catch the tail#). Flew CRJ 200 and 700 from Charlotte to SRQ. Both interiors were in great shape.

Eric
The 321 has a lav at the 3L door and 2 in the rear along with the one at the very front, but not behind FC. The 757's do, but we don't fly those to PHX. Could it had been an unscheduled 757?

Besides the extra lav, more f/c seats, and extra galley space up front, the 320 family are basically the same. Infact, in the back galley, everything is the same.

I like the A321 and the passengers seem to like it too. One problem is that the middle of that aircraft gets hot. if you cool it down, the front and back freeze to death. If you are cold nature, sit in the middle of the ac

Eric
The 321 has a lav at the 3L door and 2 in the rear along with the one at the very front, but not behind FC. The 757's do, but we don't fly those to PHX. Could it had been an unscheduled 757?

Besides the extra lav, more f/c seats, and extra galley space up front, the 320 family are basically the same. Infact, in the back galley, everything is the same.

I like the A321 and the passengers seem to like it too. One problem is that the middle of that aircraft gets hot. if you cool it down, the front and back freeze to death. If you are cold nature, sit in the middle of the ac

No, it was a 321. I was a little off on the location of the LAV. Your right. Thanks for the tip.

You will need a paper ticket for each leg of your trip. Let us know how it goes and happy flying!

Do you out West have ticketing machines at the gate since you use a different form for boarding passes and tickets? We only have 1 gate set up for HP and they wont put in a ticket machine so even if we wanted to help you guys out with a lost ticket, it wouldnt happen. (It would, we'd just have the counter do it to your next station to get you on the plane). At US East our boarding passes and ticket stock is the same so there is no problem (although some agents wont/dont know how to do it) but we can do more at the gates regarding ticket problems. Just curious if the "real" HP cities have ticket ability at the gate?

Latest posts