New Atlantic Routes?

Please explain how JFK-NCE is going to operate with a 757, Mark... 8 hours also triggers augmented cockpit crew, which would infer blocking out 2 of the 16 J seats for pilot crew rest. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I fly there a lot, so I'd like to see it, but the DL flight doesn't work without the AF codeshare traffic. I don't know how AA plans to make it work when the people who live there are flying on DL to get their AF mileage.... They'd be much better off trying BCN, MAD, and some of the other markets where they can lean on the IB loyalists.

When we had SNN-ORD on a 757, the return leg was blocked over 8 hours and two seats in row 9 were blocked for FA crew rest. Don't recall APFA saying anything about that....

When we had SNN-ORD on a 757, the return leg was blocked over 8 hours and two seats in row 9 were blocked for FA crew rest. Don't recall APFA saying anything about that....

There you go. I was fortunate to not have to work that flight. I had forgotten what seats they had blocked. Looks like it's a coach seat WITHOUT a footrest. No, no thanks. Really.

They can reconfigure the plane all they want but at the end of the day it's still a narrowbody on a ridiculously long flight. It's like doing a DFW Vancouver turn on a S-80; about 3 hours past the 'please kill me' time limit.

Ridiculously long? You obviously weren't around for the 707 or DC-8... The 757 isn't much different in size.

Ridiculously long? You obviously weren't around for the 707 or DC-8... The 757 isn't much different in size.

No, and I wasn't around when the model T came out as well, so does that mean I can't state that a 4 cylinder Corolla is ridiculously slow either?

P.S. I didn't have to walk to school, uphill, barefoot, and through snow drifts...........

Sorry you've had to lead such a privileged life... I see narrowbodies staying on the long-hauls as long as oil stays high. Which pretty much means forever.

Sorry you've had to lead such a privileged life... I see narrowbodies staying on the long-hauls as long as oil stays high. Which pretty much means forever.

LOL, somebody has to do it!

As long as AA doesn't force the threshold thing on us, I won't be doing any narrowbodies anytime soon and neither will a few other people I know on this board.

LOL, somebody has to do it!

As long as AA doesn't force the threshold thing on us, I won't be doing any narrowbodies anytime soon and neither will a few other people I know on this board.

Aside from the fact that a narrow body, namely the 757 can fly trans con as well as across the Atlantic and Pacific to Hawaii, I would prefer a widebody aircraft on anyflight over 4 hours.
Not that you can run up and down two aisles instead of one, but If you are gonna be trapped in a tube, better a more spacious one. The feeling alone of a widebody over a narrowbody alone is worth it.

I submitted a question regarding this very matter to Jet News Q&A. I'll let you know what the response is.

Art in IMA
And here is the answer:

The majority of the markets we are considering for 757 international service are
less than 8 hours and do not require crew rest. However, we plan to curtain off
the last two rows on the right side of the main cabin for use as crew rest on
flights of 8 hours or more.

Art in Miami

Aside from the fact that a narrow body, namely the 757 can fly trans con as well as across the Atlantic and Pacific to Hawaii, I would prefer a widebody aircraft on anyflight over 4 hours.
Not that you can run up and down two aisles instead of one, but If you are gonna be trapped in a tube, better a more spacious one. The feeling alone of a widebody over a narrowbody alone is worth it.

I like 2 aisles over three hours. But then I have flown coach JFK-TLV and JFK-ATH without any great problem on a 707.

I like 2 aisles over three hours. But then I have flown coach JFK-TLV and JFK-ATH without any great problem on a 707.

True, but back in the "heyday" thats all u had was a 707 or DC8.. no one knew any different as there were no widebodies until the 747, DC10 and L1011....Also, traveling in those days was not for the masses..

And here is the answer:

The majority of the markets we are considering for 757 international service are
less than 8 hours and do not require crew rest. However, we plan to curtain off
the last two rows on the right side of the main cabin for use as crew rest on
flights of 8 hours or more.

Art in Miami

Thats AAs plan..there is an active dispute on this issue between the two parties.

This issue is going forward to an Arbitrator in December...(from APFA)

Curtained off last row of M/C is not industry leading, a perceived violation of the agreement and hence the grievance.

re ORD-SNN I would say it was before the addition of the language to the agreement..? I want to say that "Industry Leading" thing evolved with some action following ratification of our current agreement...

stay tuned this isnt over..

You really expect bunks on a flight that results in a shorter workday than someone flying domestic turns? Please....

Then again, as aged as some of the international crews are looking, I guess they do need their mid-flight nap.

Latest posts

Back