New Atlantic Routes?

If you think the company is going to be putting crew rest on a 757, you need to go down to Medical for an observed tap...

I still maintain they'll be put on the 7:45 blocktime and under markets, and perhaps moreso out of MIA than in the Northeast. It would help make up for the loss of the A300 in places like BOG, but also makes the product more compelling for people connecting via MIA.

Anyone willing to bet these also show up as 762 replacements on the transcons?

If you think the company is going to be putting crew rest on a 757, you need to go down to Medical for an observed tap...

I still maintain they'll be put on the 7:45 blocktime and under markets, and perhaps moreso out of MIA than in the Northeast. It would help make up for the loss of the A300 in places like BOG, but also makes the product more compelling for people connecting via MIA.

Anyone willing to bet these also show up as 762 replacements on the transcons?

This is one of those reasons we have Unions. It is no longer the company's decision but that of an independant arbitrator. It is a shame that we have to fight for everything and that American Airlines can't treat it's employees with the respect we deserve...same old story.

name='eolesen' date='Sep 8 2008, 04:55 PM' post='638712']
If you think the company is going to be putting crew rest on a 757, you need to go down to Medical for an observed tap..

..If it were up to the company, no they wouldn't. Since this issue is addressed in our CBA quite clearly..they'll have no choice in the matter..

Which is exactly why they'll schedule them to the letter of the contract.

From what I understand these A/C are to be used over the Atlantic not SA and at this point planned on flights with block time over 8hrs..hence the dispute.

We will know by December what will be happening.
(we can then determine just who should to go to AA Medical for a nap with Dr Bettes and Co.....) :unsure:

As far as seeing these beasts on the x-cons..I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Currently, SFO/JFK has a mixed 2 and 3 class schedule utilizing 762/3.

Which is exactly why they'll schedule them to the letter of the contract.

They've tried this more than once with the pilot side. 1 minute over 8 hours of flight time adds a 3rd relief pilot. The 7:59 scheduled flight time magically appeared. The worst offense in my memory was a DFW-HNL flight that was "pencil whipped" by flight planning to get under 8 hours by flying at .83 Mach at FL260 the whole way.

If one hits a strong mountain wave over ABQ near 400K, and you get something Boeing really hadn't planned for. (This predates the 2001 JFK A300 accident)

To all who don't think JFK-BCN will not go to the 757 - CAL currently flies two EWR-BCN nonstops daily. Their pilot crew rest seat is 1F, I believe. Unlike AA, CAL is allowed to sell the seat next to the resting pilot.

The 757 has the range for BCN. TWA did it, although I believe they stopped in Lisbon. However, the pax and F/As really dislike it.

I've been flying JFK-BCN since it started and we really need to get our act together over there. The contract agents we use are absolutely incapable of dispatching us on time out of there. The loads have been so-so... mainly full when there is a cruise starting.

tfc

I can understand the Pilots concerns about not wanting the seat next to them sold and rightfully so but on the flip side it is costing AA a lot of $$$$ and 2 out of 16 Business Class seats are x'ed out you lose 12.5% of the First Class Seating, what I suggest AA do is make a seperate rest seat like at the end of the Cabin with Curtains and maybe put a couple of FA rest seats on the otherside as well. Oh Wait that would be too logical.

I can understand the Pilots concerns about not wanting the seat next to them sold and rightfully so but on the flip side it is costing AA a lot of $$$$ and 2 out of 16 Business Class seats are x'ed out you lose 12.5% of the First Class Seating, what I suggest AA do is make a seperate rest seat like at the end of the Cabin with Curtains and maybe put a couple of FA rest seats on the otherside as well. Oh Wait that would be too logical.

I can understand pilots not wanting anyone next to them and I can understand passengers not wanting the seat next to the resting pilots. Who wants to have to get up 3 times to let pilots into the seat? That's a minimum. Suppose the pilot has a pee problem?

Just out of curiosity, how is it logical to put 3-4 seats in the back with a curtain and it isn't to block off a seat next to a pilot? Wouldn't that be 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other? or is it just me?

CAL is allowed to sell the seat next to the resting pilot.
That was true as well at TWA until we won a "me too" that gave us that seat. It was almost funny watching us jump in and out of that seat for 20-30 minute breaks.
The 757 has the range for BCN. TWA did it, although I believe they stopped in Lisbon. However, the pax and F/As really dislike it.
We stopped in LIS in the winter but in the summer usually did BCN-JFK nonstop. It's not a problem for the plane; I don't recall ever making fuel stops westbound with full loads or when the weather was crappy on the east coast like we often did on the L1011. Of course, everyone preferred a widebody. The main problem from the FA point of view was galley packing with two services and duty free.

MK

I can understand pilots not wanting anyone next to them and I can understand passengers not wanting the seat next to the resting pilots. Who wants to have to get up 3 times to let pilots into the seat? That's a minimum. Suppose the pilot has a pee problem?

Just out of curiosity, how is it logical to put 3-4 seats in the back with a curtain and it isn't to block off a seat next to a pilot? Wouldn't that be 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other? or is it just me?
Skymess,
Good point about the potential trips to the bathroom issues. The second one would be a good way not to lose Preium Revenue seating but the more I think about it the more I am starting to not like that idea, I how ever think the FA's should get decent Rest Seats.

The summer 2009 slot allocation conference is set to begin tomorrow in Athens, Greece. US and DL have long announced their long-haul plans for next summer. United has announced internally plans to launch IAD-GVA next spring. When is American going to announce the new 757 routes? Have the plans boiled down to a mere substitution of 757s for 767s on certain European routes, while the 767 replaces the A300 on domestic and Caribbean routes?

Not being familiar with the TOS of this BB, I hesitate to start a new thread with a post of information from another BB, nor to copy and post it here. So I simply cite the thread as very interesting rumor/speculation/information. Note that at least one poster from this board has made comments.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888128

If the moderators wants to make any changes, I'm sure they will.

Didn't AA almost start NCE last summer with the ORD-DME run? I am not surprise with some LHR 757 flying, but I am surprise with BOS-DUB flying though, I would have used that plane possible eslewhere e.g. JFK-DUS possibly. I think we will see this JV pass, when does the announcement come out?

So, if I read that correctly, if the antitrust BA/IB/AA deal goes through, AA will fly IAD-MAD? AND possibly BWI-LHR? Maybe that is why they are still holding on to the DCA base?