New Citites

Fubijaakr said:
Politics or not, I have to believe that if a carrier the size of UAL or AA downsized in ORD to a significant degree, that would open the door for JBLU or any number of other carriers.

I think its more a matter of scale than anything else. If you want to operate less than 10 flights a day, for example, you're going to have a LOT less pull than if you propose operating 100.

Then, consider what could happen if a MAJOR user of an airport facility suddenly reduces a large amount of service. That kicks the door open for a carrier like JBLU to implement service.

You have to give credit where credit is due: JBLU has demonstrated the kind of flexible management that allows them to pull out of bad markets in favor of more promising ones.
Having some afternoon cocktails?

Not hardly. While there are some aspects of JBLU's operational philosophy that I'm opposed to (as you well know!), it is refreshing to see a marketing team who doesn't get "married" to their city pairs.

If one isn't working out, pull the plug and go where the money is. Seems like a reasonable business practice.

If only some OTHER management groups would take note...

Fubijaakr said:
Not hardly. While there are some aspects of JBLU's operational philosophy that I'm opposed to (as you well know!), it is refreshing to see a marketing team who doesn't get "married" to their city pairs.

If one isn't working out, pull the plug and go where the money is. Seems like a reasonable business practice.

If only some OTHER management groups would take note...
Agreed... and nice point.

However, ORD is notoriously difficult for upstarts to get into... I don't expect that to change in the near future. I expect ORD to be one of the places that UAL grows as it contracts in other places (i.e. IAD and intra-Cal). I do not expect UAL's ORD hub to get downsized via bankrupcy... Of course, thats just my opinion.

Fubi:

Holy cow!

I never thought I'd see the day where you'd post something like this. A succinct opinion that actually gives jetBlue management some credit. I guess the second coming is about to occur :D

Yeah Fubi believe it or not you don't have to like JBLU--or ALK for that matter--just leave emotions aside and stick to a Socratic level (not meaning to sound too high-falutin' just can't think of a more encompassing word) and discourse is possible. These posts work better for everyone if we all are trying to help each other learn. Anyway, a pat on the back Fubi, keep it up!

i would like to venture a guess as well plus i get to test out an avatar..... (which if any one has a simple way to create from personal photos i would thank them in advance for simple instructions)

new cities????

1. DTW
2. PHX
3. CLT
4. JAX

1. DTW: If you thought Delta was quick to run you out of Atlanta, wait and see how territorial NWA is!

2. PHX: Neeleman maybe overconfindent, but not stupid. His ultimate goal may be to stick it to LUV, but he's not gonna go into their largest domocile quite yet.

3. CLT: This is the only one that makes sense. U is on its knees with no where to turn. The city has been seiged by high fares and is in dire need of relief.

4. JAX: Just another FL city. Not a huge population to serve. Your RJ's might come in useful here.

speedpuppy Posted on Dec 23 2003, 06:56 PM
would like to venture a guess as well plus i get to test out an avatar..... (which if any one has a simple way to create from personal photos i would thank them in advance for simple instructions)

Go to this website and download their free software. It gives you the ability to change pixel size on your personal photos (at least this is how I do it) IrfanView Once you have the picture in the USAviation size guidelines ( 10 KB 80 x 80 pixels) you just upload it.

Now go do it and lets see what your picture looks like...hehe

I could see them going to Portland or Vancouver or Toronto, lots of rumors for a long time about PHX, but not Sky Harbor, instead Gateway in Chandler, about 17 miles SE of Sky Harbor.

What you need to remember is;

Any destination choosen by mgt will ned to be viable from LGB and IAD(possibly BOS too) not just JFK. To get the maximum usilization from an out station it needs to be viable from as many points as possible.

While JAX may work from JFK, does it work from LGB and IAD? Otherwise save it for the ERJ.

My guess would be CLT.

It may just be smarter to concentrate on what they have established. The majors are making a turn around and are not going to take kindly to any new competition(NWA to DTW or AA/Eagle to RDU)

bluetoad said:
Rumors have it that a new city will be announced tomorrow :D
Supposedly, Sacramento. Makes sense. Largest city in the United States that does not have non-stop service to the Big Apple.

MAH4546 said:
Supposedly, Sacramento. Makes sense. Largest city in the United States that does not have non-stop service to the Big Apple.
Also makes for a nice way to enlist help to open up more slots at LGB through the state government... They could promise SMF-LGB flights if they could only get some more slots...

state government has nothing to do with the slots, they are controlled locally. If B6 wanted to start LGB-SMF flights they could convert some of their present slots to SMF instead of OAK, LAS or SLC flights.

Sacramento it is. Beginning in March 3 - JFK-SMF once daily. Evening flight from JFK to SMF. Red-eye going back. JetBlue's fifth city in California.

Back