New International destinations for 2009-2010 ?

usfan

Nov 4, 2006
There were lots of discussions about new destinations for 2009-2010 .
Among them TLV , DME ( Moscow ) , VIE ,CPH, BOM , NRT , HKG , EDI , BUD ......
Any news , thoughts , rumors ..........
Thanks .

From what I've heard...

TLV (332), MOW (767), BHX (757)

I sure wish they'd run PHL-WAW. Scott says it's not really high up on their list right now.

I think PHL-WAW would work. Only airline flying nonstop from Poland is LOT. NO USA based carrier. PHL-WAW could be done on a 767. Set up code/share w/ LO in Warsaw. Pretty big Polish population in PA, connections in ORD/JFK/EWR to LO are a hassle, while PHL is much smoother and you stay inside security. the 18J 767 matches LO's config which has the same amount of seats. You really don't need more than that. In my opinion, a PHL-WAW service should come before PHL-MOW. MOW won't offer any onward connections, while WAW offers not only MOW, all of Poland and other Eastern Euro cities, but also TLV and Bahrain. LO isn't as good as LH or LX, but it's a 3 star airline like US. Plus WAW and KRK are beautiful, historic cities and tourism are growing year-over-year.

These are just my thoughts and way of reasoning. Please spare the attacks.

-Kinglobjaw

How about IST and/or CAI to align with the newest *A carriers. TLV would fit in there as well for the large Jewish population on the East Coast.

All kidding aside do you really think that of all of the great places to go in Europe, Warsaw would be top or even near the top of the list??

Do you need to confirm the stereotype folks from other countries keep lashing at us?

You know, there is more to Europe then London and Paris...

A lot of hidden gems exist in every corner of the world, doesn't mean you have to be ignorant towards on or another.
With all due respect, you exclusively travel across the United States, and mostly for business. Can we leave the commenting to those who actually experienced international travel and a mix of foreign cultures.

As for the joke, I'll let other decide whether it was in good or poor taste. I don't plan on arguing on an aviation forum. I'm here to discuss aviation, and that's what I'll do.

And to get this on-topic, I'm agreeing with other folks who suggested Star Alliance hubs as destinations. CAI, IST, VIE and CPH all sound very good! Too bad it's only 3 destinations we're getting. I'd hope HQ would do 6 in 2009 to cover 2008/2009. I know, I know... PHL gates!

-Kinglobjaw

While VIE and a *A hub sounds good, does VIE bring much more to the network, then is already available with LH connections through MUC and FRA or even LX through ZRH?

If it's three cities, BHX is an ideal flight for 757 service. DME can command a high dollar fare and fill up the front of the plane. Now whether the new service being offered by UA (IAD) and AA (ORD) will increase capacity too much, remains to be seen. CPH is also a good destination. It can provide the business feed, plus it's a *A hub that provides some additional coverage that LH doesn't from FRA. Although it had been stated that TLV was high on the list.

WAW sounds nice, but it's too much of a leisure destination. Otherwise you would have seen CO from EWR or DL from JFK. Right now, there are only a few flights on LO from WAW, KRK, and one other Polish city to JFK and ORD.

I would say the high contender for new service when we get the 330-200 would be TLV. The whole east coast could feed the flights. TWA and Tower Air used to have alot of flights and they are both gone.

Do you need to confirm the stereotype folks from other countries keep lashing at us?

Can we leave the commenting to those who actually experienced international travel and a mix of foreign cultures.

As for the joke, I'll let other decide whether it was in good or poor taste. I don't plan on arguing on an aviation forum. I'm here to discuss aviation, and that's what I'll do.

Kinglobjaw

Obviously no one on this board has your experience, gained in high school, to comment on this subject.

How was the prom?

Back somewhat on topic, don't forget what Parker (or maybe it was Kirby) said on the earnings conference call - it's too late to cancel the 2009 A332 new build deliveries. He didn't say anything either way about the 2010/2011 deliveries.

Jim

PS - disregard. I found it in a crew news session and Kirby was talking about the 321's, not the 332's. Jim